hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dylan McGeouch

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody who has watched Hibs over the last 2 seasons can see the difference in the team with Dylan in it. His ability to keep possession and move the ball quickly is invaluable.

He is very much in the mould of Xavi in that his importance to the team is keeping the ball moving and always being available to take a pass at anytime.
    Your last sentence has just described Fyvie.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Nae way Fyvie retained aw the time, lost a lot simple balls. Aw this pie in the sky Xavi comparisons??? Listen, he is good, when playing, but not only does he miss many games for long periods, my main bugbear here, is, like in semi against sheep, his lack of ability to, like almost every other footballer, COMPLETE a 90, disrupts the team, tactics, & ultimately costs us for the result. That needs sorted otherwise imo I don't want to see a player that breaks down so very many times, crucial times, 50/60 minute ish, during games we need to win. I would go with the 90 minute man, & he is not that on previous showings.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Nae way Fyvie retained aw the time, lost a lot simple balls. Aw this pie in the sky Xavi comparisons??? Listen, he is good, when playing, but not only does he miss many games for long periods, my main bugbear here, is, like in semi against sheep, his lack of ability to, like almost every other footballer, COMPLETE a 90, disrupts the team, tactics, & ultimately costs us for the result. That needs sorted otherwise imo I don't want to see a player that breaks down so very many times, crucial times, 50/60 minute ish, during games we need to win. I would go with the 90 minute man, & he is not that on previous showings.
    Fyvie lost the ball no more than anyone else in reality. He always showed for the ball was on it far more often than not and so saw more of the ball, hence folk remember when he lost it. As for the rest of your post agreed.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    What's the story re. his injuries? After being taken off in the semi-final - injuring himself while scoring - there was lots of talk of a long-term problem that needed to be sorted out (with surgery, I think). Yet he's back playing, and apparently in great form in the pre-season games (including yesterday, albeit that wasn't officially a pre-season game).

So is he now 100% fit? Or is the underlying problem still there and likely to affect this season, as it has the last two?

Anyone know?
    Soooooooooooo, having looked through the thread, the answer to my original question is: "no-one knows; but that won't stop us arguing about various other things". That about it?

Did Andy Webster not have a similar thing at Oldco where he basically couldn't handle the mental side of injuries so turned out he was out crocked at even the slightest niggle.

So has it now become a Hibs net fact that Dylan has a mental problem with his injury?Is there a source for this rubbish?

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    So has it now become a Hibs net fact that Dylan has a mental problem with his injury?Is there a source for this rubbish?

I'm not going to name him !
    but a senior player told me that Dylan's problem was definitely a mental problem !
    I for one believe this to be true.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    but a senior player told me that Dylan's problem was definitely a mental problem !

I don't know about you..but I feel I'd know more about my own body, than a teammate would...

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I don't know about you..but I feel I'd know more about my own body, than a teammate would...
    Maybe Dylan told the team mate...

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Looks like it has 🙄 embarrassing, people making stuff up to seem ITK.

Everyone in the world has muscular imbalances that cause pain and discomfort. DM obviously has been working very hard to correct this injury and I for one can't wait for us to have him back playing regularly, I maintain he's out best player.

Its utter rubbish. I think half the posters have mental problems tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I liked Fyvie and would have liked Lennon to keep him. Dylan is the better player of the two but Fyvie was a useful player to have.

If this is true i.e. you being told this, that's quite delicate information. Did you not think maybe you should be a bit more circumspect with it?

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Its utter rubbish. I think half the posters have mental problems tbh.
    In fairness there is some substance in the suggestion, I personally have struggled with the mental side of an injury and recovery. Also I recall Stubbs suggesting at one point in his second season it was a mental thing with Dylan as well

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    If this is true i.e. you being told this, that's quite delicate information. Did you not think maybe you should be a bit more circumspect with it?

I've not named anyone!
    It's a fan's forum, I thought I'd share this ?
    I'm definitely not ITK "Just a fan talking to a player" about our team.

Dylan has no mental problems, he has a hip imbalance which means the muscles surrounding the hip joint are weaker in certain areas. He needs to do lots of remedial boring exercises which strengthen these muscles, many many players have this problem and it's not uncommon, unfortunately when everything feels fine you start training and playing as if you were 100% then a weaker muscle strains and it's back to square one.

I had heard he's doing pilates and yoga which will help enormously with his core strength and those very deep lying muscles which are the ones causing the problems.

I've not named anyone!
    It's a fan's forum, I thought I'd share this ?
    I'm definitely not ITK "Just a fan talking to a player" about our team.
    I'm not talking about your, alleged, source. I'm talking about DM's, alleged, mental condition. If some footballer told me that I'd take it with a pinch of salt and keep it under my hat rather than publish it amongst the maelstrom of crap that's been put up here in recent weeks.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    In fairness there is some substance in the suggestion, I personally have struggled with the mental side of an injury and recovery. Also I recall Stubbs suggesting at one point in his second season it was a mental thing with Dylan as well
    That's what I was thinking also but then underscore bit my head off for even suggesting it lol.

I think it's very difficult to get over that mental side. I've struggled with my knee for years and now every time it gets a wee bit sore I have to stop out of fear I'd do it in

Stubbs said it in passing in an interview. More a case of maybe the lad is minding his injury too much. BUT not one single person on here has any proof of any Mental weakness with Dylan. Yet we have thread after thread talking about it. Some of our fans need to have a serious look at themselves. THERE IS NO SUBSTANCE in the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I'm not talking about your, alleged, source. I'm talking about DM's, alleged, mental condition. If some footballer told me that I'd take it with a pinch of salt and keep it under my hat rather than publish it amongst the maelstrom of crap that's been put up here in recent weeks.

I take your point mate!
    Should of thought before posting.

Certainly wasn't trying to stir up any trouble.

I take your point mate!
    Should of thought before posting.

Certainly wasn't trying to stir up any trouble.

Coaching Staff
    Time this one was knocked on the head

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Time this one was knocked on the head
    But not too hard bearing in mind the mental problem

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Dylan has no mental problems, he has a hip imbalance which means the muscles surrounding the hip joint are weaker in certain areas. He needs to do lots of remedial boring exercises which strengthen these muscles, many many players have this problem and it's not uncommon, unfortunately when everything feels fine you start training and playing as if you were 100% then a weaker muscle strains and it's back to square one.

I had heard he's doing pilates and yoga which will help enormously with his core strength and those very deep lying muscles which are the ones causing the problems.
    Thanks - this is helpful, and even answers my original question. Good to know he doesn't need surgery at least.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Stubbs said it in passing in an interview. More a case of maybe the lad is minding his injury too much. BUT not one single person on here has any proof of any Mental weakness with Dylan. Yet we have thread after thread talking about it. Some of our fans need to have a serious look at themselves. THERE IS NO SUBSTANCE in the suggestion.
    Isn't that all everyone on here is saying? That it's a possibility? The same way you can say people struggle with mental and physical fatigue throughout the season, unless you're Dylan or the medical team at east mains nobody will ever know. As stated I know the effects of an injury being scared of slight knocks every twinge feels serious etc. Nobody is saying he has a mental issue just merely suggesting it MAY be the case

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Isn't that all everyone on here is saying? That it's a possibility? The same way you can say people struggle with mental and physical fatigue throughout the season, unless you're Dylan or the medical team at east mains nobody will ever know. As stated I know the effects of an injury being scared of slight knocks every twinge feels serious etc. Nobody is saying he has a mental issue just merely suggesting it MAY be the case
    It's not like anyone is calling him a lunatic either, but it is well known that psychological issues can have a physical manifestation. Not that it's necessarily the case here (it seems not to be) but it's certainly nothing to get upset about. People being so precious about mental health just helps reinforce the stigma surrounding it, IMO.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Pleased to hear this. Working on flexibility and core strength will surely help.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Pleased to hear this. Working on flexibility and core strength will surely help.

It's a well known fact that Giggs was an advocate of yoga and he reckons it helped extend his carer by a few years.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    It's a well known fact that Giggs was an advocate of yoga and he reckons it helped extend his carer by a few years.

Giggs had dodgy hamstrings when younger and used to miss a fair few games each season but ended up playing close to his 40th birthday.

Gerrard had chronic pelvic / groin issues but overcame them (removal of wisdom teeth helped I think).

Ok both had the very best healthcare / sports science available but they showed that persistent issues can often be overcome.

Both you and I are on the same page with this I think. Let's be positive and hope Dylan finds the right training regime. He could be such a big player for us this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Giggs had dodgy hamstrings when younger and used to miss a fair few games each season but ended up playing close to his 40th birthday.

Gerrard had chronic pelvic / groin issues but overcame them (removal of wisdom teeth helped I think).

Ok both had the very best healthcare / sports science available but they showed that persistent issues can often be overcome.

Both you and I are on the same page with this I think. Let's be positive and hope Dylan finds the right training regime. He could be such a big player for us this season.