hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossing

Should we all invest in some opta stats so we can get a definitive answer to haud some weeshts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you changed your argument then? We did get a lot of good crosses into the box and we scored from a couple. Wtf else are you wanting? I watched Sporting Lisbon V Valencia the other day and, despite the ability level of players being higher in that game, the amount of crosses which didn't amount to anything was quite telling. Have you ever thought that maybe it's not the crossers at fault but the 'crossees' who need to work more at their end? As others have said, if you really have to find fault with a 4-0 win with goals coming from our new striker and young midfielders then jog on. 😊
    Where was my criticism of anything other than I felt we didn't get enough crosses in ..? ??

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    The thread was about crossing, and my view that I felt that it wasn't great, I have not criticised the overall performance just an aspect that I felt still showed signs of the same old as last few seasons.
    Not sure how the crossing comments turns into the response about watching his contribution and the other 10 players on the park ? And I have not critcised what was a decent early season performance with a lot of positives (IMO) At no point do I mention anything negative about the performance, yet a viewpoint on crossing has returned a range of have a pop comments of a wholesale negativity that some.people have derived from my initial part of the thread, by all means have a go in response to the crossing topic but don't make up what you want about anything else please.

Back on topic happy to concede that.I appear to have a different view and expectation level regards crosses and what's deemed an acceptable ratio of crosses getting into the box, the points made about the assists from crosses yesterday is a more than fair point, my issue is that we had lot more opportunities to get the ball in and didn't succeed, but thats my expectation. As.has been stated its an absolutely vital part of the game from where goals, as we saw definitely come from, so wanting more and better quality when we work hard to get into those positions is exactly why I raise the point.
    The crossing you mentioned was sited at stevenson and gray. I was trying to illustrate how wrong you were to pick lewis out after another poster gave the stats. If id have concentrated on just one aspect of play from say mcginn... id have been corrected too. Btw he did have a few passes going astray in midfield too. If we all let the rustiness get out of their game and concentrate on the poitives of scoring 4 without reply we would be able to go forward on to the next game.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

As far as I'm concerned there's no real need for all this crossing carry on.
    We're not all Cafflicks you know......

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    Should we all invest in some opta stats so we can get a definitive answer to haud some weeshts?
    We've got the Berry money and I keep hearing on here we aren't going to be spending it on players so might as well

Same old complaint as last few seasons, but our full backs in particular but also others, just don't get enough decent quality crosses into the box. Both Stevenson and Gray delay putting the ball in early and too often dont get it past the first defender. Boyle also has a habit.of this as well ...anyone any ideas of why this is still a weakness if ours ?

Any comments re.crossing tonight 🤔

First Team Breakthrough Fisherrow Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by West lower View Post
    We counted 8 first class crosses from Stevenson alone today. For a non winger his crossing was superb. Probably 3 or 4 hit first man. Watch Hibs TVs and count for yourself.
    👍 well said!

First Team Breakthrough Fisherrow Harp's Avatar
    Don't have the time to go back and run through the match but if thats your count will go with it ...have to say the 3-4 not getting in surprises me and not sure what first class equates to .it certainly didn't feel like it watching the game...any stats for Gray ? Or Boyle ?
    If thats Lewis's return today, he might mean he has been working on it, which is all good for the season if he continues with that form into the league . will watch with interest hoping he can !
    Well why post? If you don't have time to go back through the game, perhaps stop posting negative stuff like like this. People seem to want to get on this ladies back, it maybe be because he has did what no other hibs player has done and won a league cup & scottish cup winners medal? He might Not be Philp Lamb or Roberto Carlos or dare day David Gray, he's steady eddie for us and for my money,and no disrespect to Sir David Gray, is Mr Hibs for me.Sir Lewis Stevenson,earl o'loch end, Marques of Hampden.
    Last edited by Fisherrow Harp; 26-07-2017 at 12:19 AM.

4 goals from crosses tonight. 🖒

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherrow Harp View Post
    Well why post? If you don't have time to go back through the game, perhaps stop posting negative stuff like like this. People seem to want to get on this ladies back, it maybe be because he has did what no other hibs player has done and won a league cup & scottish cup winners medal? He might Not be Philp Lamb or Roberto Carlos or dare day David Gray, he's steady eddie for us and for my money,and no disrespect to Sir David Gray, is Mr Hibs for me.Sir Lewis Stevenson,earl o'loch end, Marques of Hampden.
    But is he Steady Eddie or a lady?