hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brian Graham

I love those 'pay their money, entitled to criticise' v 'undermine the confidence of our players, embarrass us a support' threads.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by RamYer1902 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't boo Graham in any way but there are actually punters sticking up for him on here. He's one of the worst Hibs players to pull on the jersey, absolutely embarrassing.

If that's your real opinion, and you're not just stirring it up, you're clearly either about two years old or you know nothing about Hibs.

You are IMO one of the worst Hibs supporters ever to attend Easter Road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    A bit like the highlighted bit of your post

Either that or you must have supported Hibs for about 18 months

Graham wouldn't feature in Hibs top 500 worst players in my nearly 50 years watching the team

The guy gives it all he has got every time he plays, no he is not Ronaldo but then again neither is anyone else in the team.

Quite why we want to destroy our own players on an internet forum week after week escapes me.

I often think folk do it in an attempt to be relevant, party to the discussion but without the intelligence or insight to say something original or constructive.

Totally agree. Since I started watching Hibs (longer ago than I care to think of, these days) certain 'supporters' have picked out and gone after their scapegoats. They are ruthless, foul-mouthed, persistent and irrational. I remember players like Joe Davis, Peter Cormack and Arthur Duncan getting it tight in the '60's - I have a slight suspicion that if those two were playing age now and signed for Hibs, NL would have them in the team every match day, regardless of the boo-boys' opinions.

But then, there are many who really don't appreciate what Lewis S has given to the team over his years at ER, so why should they treat Brian Graham any differently?
    Last edited by --------; 17-07-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    That honour goes to Stuart Turnbull
    Couldn't agree more, I can't think of anyone as close to being as bad as he was.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Are people booing as a kind of cack-handed effort to encourage Hibs to sign another striker (or 2)?

I think we definitely need strengthening up front. BG couldn't cement a place last term and wouldn't be my first choice this season.

But booing our own players is just daft and counter-productive.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    Couldn't agree more, I can't think of anyone as close to being as bad as he was.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ally Scott. Signed by ET along with Graeme Fyfe (he was utter rubbish as well) from the Huns. And then there's the LIST of tumshies signed by the great Duff Jimmy ... And the other list of Collins's wonderful acquisitions. Joneleit, anyone? Gatheussi?

Simon Brown in goal?

And Jim "What the **** is that?" Blair from St Mirren - backside like a hippo's, ran like a pregnant duck, yet incredibly scored a double against the Huns before a well-deserved departure into the outer darkness.

And Mark Caughey, to secure whose signature Kenny Waugh (?) flew to the USA.

See, it's easy. Brian Graham's worlds better than that lot all put together.

... and now I'm visualising a Hibs team with all of them playing. I'll not sleep for a week.
    Last edited by --------; 17-07-2017 at 11:18 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    That honour goes to Stuart Turnbull

I'll see your Stuart Turnbull and raise you Mark Caughey

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Ally Scott. Signed by ET along with Graeme Fyfe (he was utter rubbish as well) from the Huns. And then there's the LIST of tumshies signed by the great Duff Jimmy ... And the other list of Collins's wonderful acquisitions. Joneleit, anyone? Gatheussi?

Simon Brown in goal?

And Jim "What the **** is that?" Blair from St Mirren - backside like a hippo's, ran like a pregnant duck, yet incredibly scored a double against the Huns before a well-deserved departure into the outer darkness.

... and now I'm visualising a Hibs team with all of them playing. I'll not sleep for a week.
    What aboot Joe Harper?

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    What aboot Joe Harper?
    Doddie will need to have a lie down in a darkened room after being reminded of his favourite player.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

I don't rate graham at all but I'll get behind him when he plays

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post

I was concerned that we might lose all 4 first team squad strikers from last season. Looks like it might happen.

It seems increasingly reckless not to sign on Holt for another year, if only for continuity's sake. This is a big risk going into the new season.

Was always going to be a bit part player I was surprised he got a 2 year deal.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I was concerned that we might lose all 4 first team squad strikers from last season. Looks like it might happen.

It seems increasingly reckless not to sign on Holt for another year, if only for continuity's sake. This is a big risk going into the new season.
    He was offered a deal and he didn't take it

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    And I'll see your Mark Caughey and raise you Joe Ward
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Next time you see someone booing, jump up, point at them and boo loudly they hate it :-)

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Totally agree. Since I started watching Hibs (longer ago than I care to think of, these days) certain 'supporters' have picked out and gone after their scapegoats. They are ruthless, foul-mouthed, persistent and irrational. I remember players like Joe Davis, Peter Cormack and Arthur Duncan getting it tight in the '60's - I have a slight suspicion that if those two were playing age now and signed for Hibs, NL would have them in the team every match day, regardless of the boo-boys' opinions.

But then, there are many who really don't appreciate what Lewis S has given to the team over his years at ER, so why should they treat Brian Graham any differently?
    The best ones are when you see middle-aged men who should know better going "Ah ****in' hate [Player X]. I literally hate him."

What actually possesses someone to have that level of negative emotion toward a ****ing football player, let alone one who plays for your own team? And what makes them think it's a great idea to actually say it aloud?

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Just looked up Stuart Turnbull as I didn't know who he was...and I still don't.. but it turns out he "shared" a Panini card with Benny Brazil..who I can only remember being more mocked than booed.

Testimonial Due
    Just saw Doddie's post and remembered Duffy signings. Lee Power and Paul Tosh as if one wasn't bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    He was offered a deal and he didn't take it

Simply stating this without knowing the numbers involved is meaningless.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    About as meaningless assaying we should have kept him because Brian Graham has been told he's surplus to requirements. .If Brian Graham has been told he can find another club with a year in his contract left then someone else will be on their way in. We won't just let him go without knowing there's a replacement. I'm not convinced he has.

Coaching Staff
    [QUOTE=Doddie;5104523]Ally Scott. Signed by ET along with Graeme Fyfe (he was utter rubbish as well) from the Huns. And then there's the LIST of tumshies signed by the great Duff Jimmy ... And the other list of Collins's wonderful acquisitions. Joneleit, anyone? Gatheussi?

Simon Brown in goal?

Can't remember The Blair scoring a double against the Huns, but DO remember him scoring twice to defeat Celtic at Easter Road?

Coaching Staff
    [QUOTE=Forza Fred;5105233]

Simon Brown in goal?

Can't remember The Blair scoring a double against the Huns, but DO remember him scoring twice to defeat Celtic at Easter Road?

Sorry Doddie, I was confusing my Jim Blairs with my Joe McBrides.

Checked the stats and they both played in the Celtic game which I think fell on a long weekend in September.

Dunno how I could confuse McBride and Blair though..especially the second goal which was a volley from about 18 yards.

Wow, that's extreme, even for Hibs fans, Arthur Duncan wasn't even playing for Hibs in the 60's [just]

Seriously, back then it was as bad as today sadly, players like Mervyn Jones & John Hazel would get the brunt of it. I could never understand why [a tiny few] had something against Peter Cormack, I always thought of him as a terrific player. He always had time for us young scallies as well, would often see him walking along the prom at Porty with his great mate Peter Marinello and they always had time for a chat with us young un's proudly wearing our Hibs strip.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Only a risk if we don't replace him which I am sure we will.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Nonsense. Doesn't matter about the numbers, he turned down the deal we put on the table in order to go back home to his family, not meaningless at all. The amount of folk that pretend to know what salaries and deals are offered is laughable anyway. He was offered what Hibs thought he was worth, that's relevant not meaningless.

He is a proven scorer and imagine he would prefer to be playing more football so a move away should suit both parties
    Frees up another wage to pay for Stokes Salary

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    He is a proven scorer and imagine he would prefer to be playing more football so a move away should suit both parties
    Frees up another wage to pay for Stokes Salary

Would suggest it's probably more likely Church has done enough to win a deal. Stokes isn't going to replace Brian Graham.