hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh?

So if you sign up for an away season ticket, you are automatically signed up for purchasing home cup ties, unless you tell Hibs otherwise?
    Yep, Hibs made the decision to include all away season ticket holders in this automatic scheme for home cup games, unless we told them otherwise.

I thought that was a pretty poor decision, particularly at short notice.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think it's fine as an optional extra but I don't agree with it being mandatory.

Imho season tickets are expensive, especially if you're buying more than one. Making them mandatory would be fine for folk who could afford unexpected expenses, which cup games are (you don't know when money would be needed, how often, there are also replays etc to consider).

I'll go to pretty much every home game, but if Saturday's game had been mandatory on my season ticket as effectively an additional purchase, then I'd have been scunnered.

You need to let people have the option imho.

The cup top up was a good compromise imho.
    I don't know why they can't bring the cup top up back.

It was scrapped last season because of the revamp with the League Cup as clubs are now guaranteed at least two home fixtures in that tournament, if they enter at the group stage.

However, I don't know why they can't just price the top up accordingly. It was previously priced on the understanding that you might not see any home cup ties during the season, now you're going to see at least two. Why not add around £30 on top of what it previously cost to reflect the guaranteed two matches you'll get in the League Cup?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I don't know why they can't bring the cup top up back.

It was scrapped last season because of the revamp with the League Cup as clubs are now guaranteed at least two home fixtures in that tournament, if they enter at the group stage.

However, I don't know why they can't just price the top up accordingly. It was previously priced on the understanding that you might not see any home cup ties during the season, now you're going to see at least two. Why not add around £30 on top of what it previously cost to reflect the guaranteed two matches you'll get in the League Cup?
    I suspect they knew the interest in the group stage games would be low so the choice was either keep the price the same, and lose out of what little gate revenue these games do generate (bearing in mind we have to pay the away team some sort of offset figure to make up for lower gate receipts as a result of cup top up, so this might actually cost the club money), or scrap the cup top up altogether.

I think they made the right decision.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Yep, Hibs made the decision to include all away season ticket holders in this automatic scheme for home cup games, unless we told them otherwise.

I thought that was a pretty poor decision, particularly at short notice.
    It's a cup game so you'd have been going anyway if you were an away season ticket holder, wouldn't you? It makes more sense to include than to exclude, imho.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    But you can't opt out of an away cup tie?
    Of course you can't

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Of course you can't
    Which brings us back full circle. I didn't know away seasons were automatically committed to home cup ties unless you opted out.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    It's a cup game so you'd have been going anyway if you were an away season ticket holder, wouldn't you? It makes more sense to include than to exclude, imho.
    To add some context to what I said, I did mention at short notice.

In this case they announced it only a few days prior to the Montrose and Arbroath tickets going on sale. As a result, my mate who I'm signed up to the AST scheme with, had £52 deducted from his account. Tickets for the two of us for the Montrose and Arbroath games.

He was unaware of it as he was in Majorca when it was announced. I had just missed it. He actually missed the Montrose game as he was still in Majorca and would have opted out had he been aware. I just think that the card details Hibs have on file were specifically in relation to automatically deducting money for away matches. Taking the decision to automatically start using them for home matches was quite poor IMO, given there wasn't much in the way of notice.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Which brings us back full circle. I didn't know away seasons were automatically committed to home cup ties unless you opted out.
    They weren't until last week.