hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Wedding up north yesterday, next match I'm abroad on hols. Is that time of year, so no chance of a 5 fig crowd.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Col_0762's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's pretty much a year to the day that we played Brondby and over 13,000 turned up.

I'm not really buying the explanation that people were away on holiday so they genuinely couldn't go today.

Hibs were playing Montrose today and a lot of people just couldn't be arsed going. There's nothing wrong with that but I wish people were just honest about why they didn't go.
    Couldn't be arsed. Stayed in the Harp, played pool, watched the racing, coupon was up, had a great afternoon. £15 to watch that or 5 pints, easy.

You've misunderstood what I've said, not sure if it's deliberate or not but I shall try to say what I said another way.

Do you think 5,200 would have been the attendance today if we had been playing Brondby in the Europa League?

Assuming your answer is no and you think it would have been higher, why do you say that?
    Is that really a serious question lol?

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    This place is starting to get really really bad just now. Folk getting in a tizzy about the crowd size against montrose in mid july. Folk need to get a grip

I booked a weekend away months ago as I forgot about the league cup set up and didn't realise we'd have a game.

A lot of my mates with kids were either on holiday or had made plans with their partners and kids to go away for the day as it's still the traditional summer holiday time. Saturday afternoon football in July is always going to struggle to attract huge crowds as it's a time when people do other things, often planned in advance.

Yet agaon though people seem to think they can lecture other people on how they should spend their time and money. I'll be at all the other games as it stands because I can make them. Today I had another, and frankly better, option so I took it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    It used to be that buying a ST was good enough, now we're being told we have to attend any Hibs game that's on!

Really don't get why folk care what games others attend.

I worked yesterday until 2. Centre of Halifax to Easter road may have been a struggle.

Good enough excuse?
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    It used to be that buying a ST was good enough, now we're being told we have to attend any Hibs game that's on!

Really don't get why folk care what games others attend.
    I may be way out here as can't see ages etc on the phone, but I think we have a younger generation who have a hard on for crowd sizes due to the window lickers over by. It's a big thing for them. Whilst most people don't really bother, we're pretty consistent with what we can expect. A non-contest in the League Cup, in mid July, during the holidays, crap weather, £15 a skull, it was never going to attract much of a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Col_0762 View Post
    Is that really a serious question lol?
    Nope it's not. Again you haven't read my comment in the context in which it was intended.

I initially replied to one poster who specifically blamed holidays on the low crowd yesterday. I challenged that opinion by asking if the crowd would have been that low if we had been playing Brondby in the Europa League.

Now I'm assuming that people who were away on holiday yesterday wouldn't have been at Easter Road regardless of who we were playing. That doesn't explain the drop of 8,000 people between yesterday's attendance and the Brondby match last year.

As I've already said I couldn't care less what reasons people have for not going to games.

Go or don't go, it makes no difference to me. I just wanted an honest discussion that's all and someone blaming it all on holidays isn't correct.

Attendances in last two seasons where the LC was in group stages, before being switched to two leg knock out (home attendances in bold)

1976-77
    14 Aug - Montrose - A - 3,759
    18 Aug - Rangers - H - 25,050
    21 Aug - St Johnstone - A - 3,688
    25 Aug - Rangers - A - 35,463
    28 Aug - St Johnstone - H - 5,740
    1 Sep - Montrose - H - 4,469

1975-76
    9 Aug - Dundee - H - 10,851
    13 Aug - Ayr United - A - 5,886
    16 Aug - Dunfermline Athletic - H - 9,636
    20 Aug - Ayr United - H - 9,969
    23 Aug - Dunfermline Athletic - A - 6,731
    1 Sep - Dundee - A - 4,982
    Last edited by Keith_M; 16-07-2017 at 10:07 AM. Reason: error on third season attendances

Left by mutual consent!
    I couldn't force myself pay near enough £20 to see us play in this tin pot league cup setup and in a glorified friendly. Sorry if I'm not an uber fan.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    I couldn't force myself pay near enough £20 to see us play in this tin pot league cup setup and in a glorified friendly. Sorry if I'm not an uber fan.
    It gave us one of our best days in recent times in 2007

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    3 CH's starting today, good to see porteous playing
    Showing a lot of promise and great cover. A very good game today.

Keep reading this type of thing about it being a glorified friendly or a pre season game which it absolutely is not.

I have no problem whatsoever with people choosing to do something else with their time as it's not exactly something that grabs the imagination. But if we get through a few rounds I wonder if the semi final or final will be considered a glorified friendly?

If you are a season ticket holder, up until 5pm on Wednesday it was closer to £10 than £20.

Left by mutual consent!
    If you are a season ticket holder, up until 5pm on Wednesday it was closer to £10 than £20.
    Didn't know that until Thursday.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Keep reading this type of thing about it being a glorified friendly or a pre season game which it absolutely is not.

I have no problem whatsoever with people choosing to do something else with their time as it's not exactly something that grabs the imagination. But if we get through a few rounds I wonder if the semi final or final will be considered a glorified friendly?
    The manager himself said he was treating it as a friendly..

These types of games should be included in season tickets.

The manager himself said he was treating it as a friendly..
    We were never going to be tested so he said it could be used as part of pre season. He also said he wants to get through the group and progress in the competition. Never once did I see him say he'd 'treat the game as a friendly'

Never realised that we won trophies so often we could just write competitions off as tin pot and the like

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I booked a weekend away months ago as I forgot about the league cup set up and didn't realise we'd have a game.

A lot of my mates with kids were either on holiday or had made plans with their partners and kids to go away for the day as it's still the traditional summer holiday time. Saturday afternoon football in July is always going to struggle to attract huge crowds as it's a time when people do other things, often planned in advance.

Yet agaon though people seem to think they can lecture other people on how they should spend their time and money. I'll be at all the other games as it stands because I can make them. Today I had another, and frankly better, option so I took it.
    Exactly, I often wonder why folk think they can lecture others on how they should spend their money, and now we are even being asked the question should cup games be paid for even if you don't attend?

The season ticket value has been reduced enough by date and time changes, and it not automatically putting you in a draw for all away tickets at some grounds.

Maybe we should just have a direct debit going out straight to Hibs for everything in our account?

It's always the same moaners too, those who go to every game, and whats funny is they get exactly what they wanted for their money, they get to see Hibs, what is their problem?

@hibs.net private member
    Move house in three weeks and my greetin faced wife wanted me to help prepare rather than do it on her own Couldn't make it yesterday or any other pre-season match so far. Hope that is okay.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Why?
    I buy a season ticket to support the club financially. I don't make all the games. Sure others do the same. No danger would I be doing it if I was forced to purchase tickets for games like the Montrose one.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    I buy a season ticket to support the club financially. I don't make all the games. Sure others do the same. No danger would I be doing it if I was forced to purchase tickets for games like the Montrose one.
    That's a daft mentality. You wouldn't be forced to buy anything. It would be part of the season ticket purchase terms. You would either buy the season ticket or you wouldn't. You obviously wouldn't. You could think of it as supporting the club even more financially.

Gamer IDs

That's a daft mentality. You wouldn't be forced to buy anything. It would be part of the season ticket purchase terms. You would either buy the season ticket or you wouldn't. You obviously wouldn't.
    Aye, not wanting to add an extra £100 for games I almost certainly won't go to is daft. Having a season ticket means that I don't have to worry about finding seats together for league games that I do go to. I don't want to have to pay even more for this privilege. Forcing people to buy cup games as part of their league season ticket is daft to me.

There's not a chance it would ever happen anyway.

Aye, not wanting to add an extra £100 for games I almost certainly won't go to is daft. Having a season ticket means that I don't have to worry about finding seats together for league games that I do go to. I don't want to have to pay even more for this privilege. Forcing people to buy cup games as part of their league season ticket is daft to me.

There's not a chance it would ever happen anyway.
    Your not being forced to buy anything. You just wouldn't do it. If cup games were added to the season ticket and the price increased I guess you would give it a miss too?

Gamer IDs

Your not being forced to buy anything. You just wouldn't do it. If cup games were added to the season ticket and the price increased I guess you would give it a miss too?
    If I want my specific seat then I'm being forced to. It would be greedy move and seen as such by many. Yes, you're right, I'd choose not to.

I have to pick and choose games, and the prospect having glorified friendlies tagged on to my season ticket at extra cost when it's of no benefit to me isn't particularly appealing. Logistically it's impossible to implement due to the unpredictability of cup runs, anyway.

If I want my specific seat then I'm being forced to. It would be greedy move and seen as such by many. Yes, you're right, I'd choose not to.

I have to pick and choose games, and the prospect having glorified friendlies tagged on to my season ticket at extra cost when it's of no benefit to me isn't particularly appealing. Logistically it's impossible to implement due to the unpredictability of cup runs, anyway.
    It's a league cup the niot a glorified friendly. Asking for a commitment to buy rather than putting it on the price of the ticket is a good idea precisely because of the unpredictability of the frequency of them over a season. Anyhoo as you said it ant going to happen. The helping the club financially claim you made in an earlier post does now however seem a bit weak.

Gamer IDs

It's a league cup the niot a glorified friendly. Asking for a commitment to buy rather than putting it on the price of the ticket is a good idea precisely because of the unpredictability of the frequency of them over a season. Anyhoo as you said it ant going to happen. The helping the club financially claim you made in an earlier post does now however seem a bit weak.
    I mean, Lennon described the first few games as friendlies himself.

How does my claim seem weak? I'm not helping the club financially because I have a limit on how much I'm willing to commit? If a match day didn't cost me £150 a pop then maybe I'd be as generous as the likes of yourself.

How does my claim seem weak? I'm not helping the club financially because I have a limit on how much I'm willing to commit? If a match day didn't cost me £150 a pop then maybe I'd be as generous as the likes of yourself.
    You could get over 11 adult season ticket holders in for £150 yesterday.

As has been established the smart people running the club will never implement it and with good reason.