hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I really couldn't be arsed last week but went out of respect to Lewis and ended up really enjoying it.

I couldn't really face it today but went along anyway as I was quite interested to see how we shaped up after last week.

I now can't wait until our next game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I couldn't be arsed.
    If we still had the cup top up option I'd have been there but with attending a festival last Friday, the Dunfermline game then Lewis' testimonial draining the coffers, I had to sit this one out.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    A testimonial not just a friendly, big difference being that probably attracted people who don't regularly go.
    I don't normally do friendlies, but I went for Lewy's sake.

A testimonial not just a friendly, big difference being that probably attracted people who don't regularly go.
    I struggle to understand why almost twice as many fans were willing to pay £20 for a friendly, doubling as a testimonial, but wouldnt pay £13 for a proper, meaningful game. And I like Lewis.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I struggle to understand why almost twice as many fans were willing to pay £20 for a friendly, doubling as a testimonial, but wouldnt pay £13 for a proper, meaningful game. And I like Lewis.
    That's football fans! Remember lots of fans donated £10 or more last week and didn't even go such is the affection for Lewis.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 15-07-2017 at 07:40 PM.

I am still on holiday and currently away can I get my permission slip back dated please sir or do you require proof.
    You've misunderstood what I've said, not sure if it's deliberate or not but I shall try to say what I said another way.

Do you think 5,200 would have been the attendance today if we had been playing Brondby in the Europa League?

Assuming your answer is no and you think it would have been higher, why do you say that?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I did wonder where all the fans went today. Late holidays maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    You've misunderstood what I've said, not sure if it's deliberate or not but I shall try to say what I said another way.

Do you think 5,200 would have been the attendance today if we had been playing Brondby in the Europa League?

Assuming your answer is no and you think it would have been higher, why do you say that?
    I can only answer for myself, we could have been playing Liverpool in the champions league today and I still wouldn't have been there.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Agreed, some folk have lives that take them on holiday and with other things to do in July.
    Away and enjoy your holiday and life then and let the other missing thousands explain their absence. Are they all in the pool with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Away and enjoy your holiday and life then and let the other missing thousands explain their absence. Are they all in the pool with you?
    No, the swimming pool is not that big ;-)

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Never gave it a thought to be honest, I saw it as a training game.

If it was a Europa qualifier against a decent team then I'd have gone.

Simple really, wouldn't have thought it needed explaining!

I can only answer for myself, we could have been playing Liverpool in the champions league today and I still wouldn't have been there.
    That's not the point I was making.

I'm aware there will be people away on holiday at this time of year but not enough to explain why the stadium was only 25% full.

As I said, 12 months ago we had over 13000 at the Brondby game. Did those extra 8000 people just happen to book up a foreign holiday this year?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Never gave it a thought to be honest, I saw it as a training game.

If it was a Europa qualifier against a decent team then I'd have gone.

Simple really, wouldn't have thought it needed explaining!
    We continue in the League Cup though, you'll want a ticket for the semi at Tynie? Or the final?

Of course the attendance was higher for Brondby as it was a European tie against a fairly well known European club and today was a league cup game against Montrose.

You will always get more people wanting to attend high profile games as opposed to a game against a part time team. We are not unique in that respect , it's the same for every set of fans.

I have a season ticket but I wasn't there today simply because I didn't fancy it.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Summer fitba they said. The crowds will love it. 11500 season ticket holders and more than half cannot pitch up for a competitive game in one of two competitions we have a chance of winning. Sad really.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    I will have to settle for LA Galaxy vs Manchester United in a friendly at the StubHub Center later this evening. Could be a cricket score the way the Galaxy have been playing this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    That's not the point I was making.

I'm aware there will be people away on holiday at this time of year but not enough to explain why the stadium was only 25% full.

As I said, 12 months ago we had over 13000 at the Brondby game. Did those extra 8000 people just happen to book up a foreign holiday this year?
    I think you know the answer, people pick games dependant on opposition, competition and available finances. Given that it's holiday period/school holidays there will be lots of expense July/August and plenty have chosen to ignore the game. No big deal really, will all be back for bigger/better games.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Won't be popular on here, but maybe a solution!
    Away season ticket holders have to buy a ticket for every away game, cups included. Maybe we should do the same for every home Hibs season ticket holder😎

We continue in the League Cup though, you'll want a ticket for the semi at Tynie? Or the final?
    And he'll get one. Blame those responsible for introducing the group stages for the attendance, it was a stupid decision. League Cup group stages failed before, it beggars belief that anybody thought they would be better in the modern era.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Away season ticket holders have to buy a ticket for every away game, cups included. Maybe we should do the same for every home Hibs season ticket holder😎
    Not sure if you are being serious or not but that's an awful idea.

Why not, every man and his dog wants a ticket for a final.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Not sure if you are being serious or not but that's an awful idea.
    Why?

If that was the case they may as well just increase the price of a ST to cover all games and piss everyone off properly.

That really doesn't make any sense unless you mean that the ST should include all cup matches like it used to. I think.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Why?
    Well for starters you would sell less season tickets if Hibs insisted that you must purchase a ticket for every single match.

Season ticket holders already contribute to the club and most will miss the odd game here or there but are happy to purchase a season ticket to help finance the club. If the club started forcing tickets to be purchased for every game , for some games people either don't want to attend or can't , it would be wrong.

I think you know the answer, people pick games dependant on opposition, competition and available finances. Given that it's holiday period/school holidays there will be lots of expense July/August and plenty have chosen to ignore the game. No big deal really, will all be back for bigger/better games.
    This is exactly the point I was making in my original post!

I was specifically replying to someone who was blaming holidays on the low attendance today when the MAJORITY of people just couldn't be bothered due to the opposition.

I'm not blaming anyone here as it's the nature of the beast but we should be having an honest discussion and I don't think it's correct to say that the main reason for the low attendance was people being away on holiday.

Well for starters you would sell less season tickets if Hibs insisted that you must purchase a ticket for every single match.

Season ticket holders already contribute to the club and most will miss the odd game here or there but are happy to purchase a season ticket to help finance the club. If the club started forcing tickets to be purchased for every game , for some games people either don't want to attend or can't , it would be wrong.
    Buying a season ticket and committing to buying home cup tickets at the same time (reduced price) is not a bad idea. It's not really that different than the cup top up except you are taking the gamble element out it. Just because it might not suit you doesn't make it a bad idea. Can't see how it could be construed as wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Buying a season ticket and committing to buying home cup tickets at the same time (reduced price) is not a bad idea. It's not really that different than the cup top up except you are taking the gamble element out it. Just because it might not suit you doesn't make it a bad idea. Can't see how it could be construed as wrong.
    Its completely different to the cup top up. The cup top up was not mandatory and you had a choice to sign up to it or not , what's being suggested here would make it mandatory to purchase tickets for every game.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    And he'll get one. Blame those responsible for introducing the group stages for the attendance, it was a stupid decision. League Cup group stages failed before, it beggars belief that anybody thought they would be better in the modern era.
    Don't know what age you are but the groups worked very well when I was young.

And how exactly, will he get one for a big semi at Tynie? By queuing?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Its completely different to the cup top up. The cup top up was not mandatory and you had a choice to sign up to it or not , what's being suggested here would make it mandatory to purchase tickets for every game.
    It was an idea more than a suggestion to improve crowds