hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GGG vs Canelo

Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolute farce from judge number 1, 118-110 to Canelo. GGG won that 8-4 for me - Las Vegas loves a draw.
    Of course they do, loads of build up and another bumper crowd. $$$$

2. Log in to remove the advert

GGG won that by a couple.

No way is Alvarez losing on points on a Golden Boy card in Vegas though. If there's a rematch Golovkin needs a KO.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    The 118 to 110 scorecard is absolutely insane but not unexpected. A level playing field was too much to ask for as usual.
    At least it was a good fight.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Be good to see a rematch, but GGG will be feeling very hard done by today.

Canelo did a lot of things well but overall he was second best in he fight.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Just watched it. I can't believe the judges gave that as a draw. This was billed as the fight to save boxing, but its ended up in another farcical decision. Golovkin won that by at least three rounds imo.
    Money talks in boxing, especially when Goldenboy is promoting.
    The judge that gave it to Cannelo should never be allowed into a boxing arena again.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Draw was a fair result for me. GGG more aggressive but left himself open for bigger hits.

Nobody really troubled throughout, draw and a rematch.
    Funny how opinions differ. In my opinion there was no way that was a draw. GGG clearly won the fight. How the one judge had it so much in Camel's favour was unbelievable.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Funny how opinions differ. In my opinion there was no way that was a draw. GGG clearly won the fight. How the one judge had it so much in Camel's favour was unbelievable.
    That gave me the right hump

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Draw was a fair result for me. GGG more aggressive but left himself open for bigger hits.

Nobody really troubled throughout, draw and a rematch.
    Yeah I'd agree. I only caught the highlights this afternoon after I'd seen the result but split it 4-2 in the first half to Canelo then the same for GGG in the 2nd.

If anything, GGG won by a round. It certainly wasn't a farcical outcome like I've seen on social media. That 118-110 scorecard though 😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Nobody was bothered, it's EMMYs weekend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Maybe they will give this fight the farce of the year award for judging.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Yeah I'd agree. I only caught the highlights this afternoon after I'd seen the result but split it 4-2 in the first half to Canelo then the same for GGG in the 2nd.

If anything, GGG won by a round. It certainly wasn't a farcical outcome like I've seen on social media. That 118-110 scorecard though 😂😂😂
    It wasn't a farcical outcome? Yes it was. GGG was the clear winner of that fight, his defining fight in his career and he has been robbed. It's wrong.

It was officially scored as a draw, seen near enough everyone say that GGG won it, not seen a single person say Canelo should have been given the decision.

It wasn't a farcical outcome? Yes it was. GGG was the clear winner of that fight, his defining fight in his career and he has been robbed. It's wrong.

It was officially scored as a draw, seen near enough everyone say that GGG won it, not seen a single person say Canelo should have been given the decision.
    I think if all 3 judges had scored it a draw or to Canelo by a round or 2 people would have just about seen the case for it. The 118-110 scorecard turns the whole things farcical though, that suggests the judge in question saw a fight in which GGG only won 2 rounds. No one watching that fight should have been able to only give him 2 rounds let alone a judge who gets a lot of blockbuster fights.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think if all 3 judges had scored it a draw or to Canelo by a round or 2 people would have just about seen the case for it. The 118-110 scorecard turns the whole things farcical though, that suggests the judge in question saw a fight in which GGG only won 2 rounds. No one watching that fight should have been able to only give him 2 rounds let alone a judge who gets a lot of blockbuster fights.

I assume that (some) judges work their way up to a level where they can be offered a big brown envelope? Once they take it they're then "retired" and never used again?

It seems to happen fairly regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I don't think many people would have seen a case for it if all three judges scored it in Canelo's favour, that also would have been farcical. I really do feel triple G was the clear winner of that fight.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar

The 118-110 card was a joke. If it had been 115-113 or 114-114 then few people would argue.

The other two were 114-114, 113-115 which suggests it was close enough. Nobody was a clear winner imo.

I've watched it twice and scored it a draw both times. 118-110 is almost comical, how an actual judge can see the fight that way is beyond a joke and they should never get another gig IMO.