hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi All,

Frank and I unfortunately had to take a step back from social media and the whole situation due to some abuse we were receiving. We understand there are supporters who are angry with the statement and everyone is entitled to their opinions but personal abuse is unacceptable.

Frank and I are happy to speak with anyone prior to the game on Saturday just let us know. Happy also if anyone wants to discuss over the phone. Email us your details and we will get in touch. I find these things are better face to face or by phone as posts on Social Media can often be misconstrued.

What we would like to do is apologise for the silence after we told you a statement would be out and it wasn't. The delays were quite simply as stated in Monday's statement. We hadn't been gagged as some have suggested but didn't have anything concrete to tell you. Error of judgement on our part.

If you want to discuss any other matters please do not hesitate to contact us. Our silence we feel has certainly undone a lot of good work we have put in with communication and we will work hard to restore that.

For those who have questioned how Frank and I work - Frank and I speak several times a day and work as a team. Frank receives many calls from supporters, face to face and emails whereas because I work online I can deal with all the online queries as well as emails and face to face. This works well for us and think we compliment each other. We are always well aware of what the other is doing and dealing with.

Our emails again are:

fdougan@hibernianfc.co.uk
    tsmith@hibernianfc.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No personal abuse of yourselves is acceptable, sorry to hear how bad it has become recently. Unfortunately when you are bold enough to stick your head over the parapet a minority see it as a green light to have a go at you.
    The explanation/confirmation of how you and Frank work together is welcome. It really must feel like a thankless task just now. Sometimes you just can't win.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hi All,

Frank and I unfortunately had to take a step back from social media and the whole situation due to some abuse we were receiving. We understand there are supporters who are angry with the statement and everyone is entitled to their opinions but personal abuse is unacceptable.

Frank and I are happy to speak with anyone prior to the game on Saturday just let us know. Happy also if anyone wants to discuss over the phone. Email us your details and we will get in touch. I find these things are better face to face or by phone as posts on Social Media can often be misconstrued.

What we would like to do is apologise for the silence after we told you a statement would be out and it wasn't. The delays were quite simply as stated in Monday's statement. We hadn't been gagged as some have suggested but didn't have anything concrete to tell you. Error of judgement on our part.

If you want to discuss any other matters please do not hesitate to contact us. Our silence we feel has certainly undone a lot of good work we have put in with communication and we will work hard to restore that.

For those who have questioned how Frank and I work - Frank and I speak several times a day and work as a team. Frank receives many calls from supporters, face to face and emails whereas because I work online I can deal with all the online queries as well as emails and face to face. This works well for us and think we compliment each other. We are always well aware of what the other is doing and dealing with.

Our emails again are:

fdougan@hibernianfc.co.uk
    tsmith@hibernianfc.co.uk

Are you able to share which way you voted regarding the EBT statement?

Personal abuse is out of order but in the role you have been elected to there are justified questions from the fans that many feel require an answer.

There could not have been any abuse on Hibs.net as it would not have been tolerated.
    I'll email. Will you still be attending the working together meeting and is it open to all to attend?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeSince85 View Post

Personal abuse is out of order but in the role you have been elected to there are justified questions from the fans that many feel require an answer.
    Not sure where people get this "voting " thing...boards rarely have votes on topics ...they discuss them, explore the topic , debate it and then finally agree a position on it...it's not a democracy, it's a consensus driven meeting.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeSince85 View Post

Hi there,

I voted for the statement that came out and was based on views from forums and from people we had spoken to and from emails. I also was privy to further information and the legal side. I thought I was quite clued up on all of this but was very surprised with information that was given to me. We had a tough decision to make and made it based on everything I had in front of me. No one forced me and didn't do it to appease the board. It's not something I did lightly. No one would ever tell me to do something I didn't want to do.

I know this will anger a lot of supporters and happy to take the flak that comes my way as I've put myself in that position.

Happy to discuss further face to face or on the phone. Will be at the match tomorrow, Livingston on Tues and Ross County away.

Thanks

Tracey

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Not sure where people get this "voting " thing...boards rarely have votes on topics ...they discuss them, explore the topic , debate it and then finally agree a position on it...it's not a democracy, it's a consensus driven meeting.
    Yes you're right vote is probably the wrong word.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    There could not have been any abuse on Hibs.net as it would not have been tolerated.
    I'll email. Will you still be attending the working together meeting and is it open to all to attend?

Hi haven't seen any on here at myself.

I'll still be at the Working Together Meeting and it's open to all Hibs supporters.

It's at 6.30pm via the West Stand reception on Monday 25th September.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi there,

I voted for the statement that came out and was based on views from forums and from people we had spoken to and from emails. I also was privy to further information and the legal side. I thought I was quite clued up on all of this but was very surprised with information that was given to me. We had a tough decision to make and made it based on everything I had in front of me. No one forced me and didn't do it to appease the board. It's not something I did lightly. No one would ever tell me to do something I didn't want to do.

I know this will anger a lot of supporters and happy to take the flak that comes my way as I've put myself in that position.

Happy to discuss further face to face or on the phone. Will be at the match tomorrow, Livingston on Tues and Ross County away.

Thanks

Tracey

Well thought out reply....

Now I'm sure some scoffed, that you and Frank worked closely. I wonder if they will be so pragmatic as to offer an apology?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

Now I'm sure some scoffed, that you and Frank worked closely. I wonder if they will be so pragmatic as to offer an apology?
    It is a good reply - I personally think it would've been good for it to have been released shortly after the club statement and it may have saved some of the negativity around the role of the reps.

First Team Breakthrough

Apparently i didn't write it

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    It is a good reply - I personally think it would've been good for it to have been released shortly after the club statement and it may have saved some of the negativity around the role of the reps.
    After the abuse on social media, some here, some twitter, it is easy to see why they never bothered

@hibs.net private member
    Hi there,

I voted for the statement that came out and was based on views from forums and from people we had spoken to and from emails.
    Based on minority views, quite clearly. I too could talk to 50 people and base my vote on the views of five of them, thus being able to use the same disclaimer you have.

@hibs.net private member
    After the abuse on social media, some here, some twitter, it is easy to see why they never bothered
    I only saw the abuse on here which I don't think was too bad - as Tracey acknowledged. Pretty poor from those that have personally abused on twitter or wherever but I don't think they should've ignored the majority while they were avoiding the minority.

Opinions are like aresholes, everyone has one. I'm sick of hearing about the statement almost as much as I'm sick of hearing about EBT's. Hibs have told us their stance on it lets move on. Thank god our team are playing tomorrow so we can talk about something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I only saw the abuse on here which I don't think was too bad - as Tracey acknowledged. Pretty poor from those that have personally abused on twitter or wherever but I don't think they should've ignored the majority while they were avoiding the minority.
    Thats's fair enough, but after the twitter abuse, I would not have switched laptop on again if I were them

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Opinions are like aresholes, everyone has one. I'm sick of hearing about the statement almost as much as I'm sick of hearing about EBT's. Hibs have told us their stance on it lets move on. Thank god our team are playing tomorrow so we can talk about something else.
    And let's all forget about corruption and never complain again, no matter what. You are Stewart Regan and I claim my five pounds.

Hi haven't seen any on here at myself.

I'll still be at the Working Together Meeting and it's open to all Hibs supporters.

It's at 6.30pm via the West Stand reception on Monday 25th September.

Thanks

Tracey

Thank you. Catching up on a matchday does not work for me as I have my 10 year old with me, so I prefer to make that just about the footy. I'll be at the working together meeting.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Thankfully Pat Stanton saw sense to withdraw from the election. It's bad enough seeing good Hibs fans in the fan rep positions receiving online abuse from so called supporters, let alone a club hero.
    The questions put to Pat on the night made for uncomfortable viewing, but ultimately they did him a big favour in the long run.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Hi there,

Thanks

Tracey

I really don't want to sound patronising but well done. It's obviously an emotive subject (for some more than others it would seem) but you're decision on how to vote was based on the information available to you, and if you're comfortable with that, then you've done your job.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Based on minority views, quite clearly. I too could talk to 50 people and base my vote on the views of five of them, thus being able to use the same disclaimer you have.
    I would vouch that the vast majority of Hibs supporters are either happy enough with the club's statement or are unconcerned about it and the issue itself.

Apparently i didn't write it

Some people are just ****ing mental.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi there,

Thanks

Tracey

Agree re abuse being totally unacceptable. I have not commented on your or Frank's part whatsoever. However, I do think that all this talk about legal issues and further legal issues is just talk. I don't disbelieve you in the slightest but these legal issue are being rolled out with no real evidence being put forward except for a point of view by a QC who is only one of many legal eagles who could as easily put forward a contrary argument. I think it may be pertinent to release said legal advice laying it out so that others can come to the same conclusions as yourself and Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Agree re abuse being totally unacceptable. I have not commented on your or Frank's part whatsoever. However, I do think that all this talk about legal issues and further legal issues is just talk. I don't disbelieve you in the slightest but these legal issue are being rolled out with no real evidence being put forward except for a point of view by a QC who is only one of many legal eagles who could as easily put forward a contrary argument. I think it may be pertinent to release said legal advice laying it out so that others can come to the same conclusions as yourself and Frank.
    Confidential issues?

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Highly emotive subject area, if you say it prove it! The information to us re the legal issues are being talked at us, why should we believe it?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Highly emotive subject area, if you say it prove it! The information to us re the legal issues are being talked at us, why should we believe it?
    Then what? Should the fans' reps be obliged to release sensitive information to back up every decision made by the board?

Hi there,

Thanks

Tracey

Strange the decision was taken from looking at the views on the forum but 87.5% of fans have voted against the statement on the Bounce.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Likewise with majority views

Thats's fair enough, but after the twitter abuse, I would not have switched laptop on again if I were them
    Twitter is a total minefield sometimes as it is to all intents and purposes not moderated, certainly short term. Complaints can take weeks to be dealt with.

We've tried to deal with anything that's gone too far on here but for the most part it's seemed to be ok to me.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Twitter is a total minefield sometimes as it is to all intents and purposes not moderated, certainly short term. Complaints can take weeks to be dealt with.

We've tried to deal with anything that's gone too far on here but for the most part it's seemed to be ok to me.
    Agreed PB, twitter is a different ball game, language, tone, aggression.....Not sure I would take that level of abuse

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Thank you. Catching up on a matchday does not work for me as I have my 10 year old with me, so I prefer to make that just about the footy. I'll be at the working together meeting.

That's no problem at all. Look forward to meeting you at the next meeting