hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've read the various threads on the subject and it's an issue I'm not really prepared to divulge how I feel. People become very emotive on the issue and tbh, i'd rather comment about on the field stuff involving Hibernian FC. I have next to no knowledge on EBT's or the legalities around any of this nor have I been part of a board before.

Just wanted to highlight this was an excellent post by Marinello59
    I generally have an opinion about everything, but in this case I'm a bit like GreenNWhiteArmy in that my knowledge on EBTs and surrounding legalities could be engraved on the back of a five cent piece and still leave room for my name and address!

Somewhat ironic that the support seems to be divided...about a board decision involving Rangers!

I've followed Hibs for over 50 years and unhappiness with board decisions has been commonplace throughout that period, but never stopped me from supporting the football club.

The board have NOT always heeded the supporters wishes.....indeed there is no obligation on them to do so, the majority shareholders rule, whether we like it or not.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Dundas View Post
    I'm not a politically minded chap who feels that I need to or want to change the world. And if I spoke to every fan at Easter rd on a Saturday, I think most couldn't give a t@@s other than how the team played, what was the score, who won and did they have a good day out. Maybe I'm wrong. Each to their own. That's how I like to enjoy my days out at the football. If I wanted to change the world I'd be a politician. God forbid!

apologies if im wrong but didnt you want to be a rep?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Loyalty points & Cup Top Ups as a supporter the removal of both leave me feeling slightly bitter towards our hierarchy.
    During the campaigning Frank assured me the loyalty points scheme was a priority of his and one he would be pushing to reinstate if elected. After the elections Tracy then brushed my query aside by more or less telling me on here to forget it as it wasn't going to happening. I don't hold any grudges though towards the reps - I'm sure Frank would have brought the issue to the table, but the dismissing of an issue that is supported by a large number of Hibs fans leaves you wondering what clout they actually have in the boardroom.
    Once the term of office has been fulfilled, I'd be inclined to restructure and remove the fans rep from a boardroom position, and make them more of a ceremonial role.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Dundas View Post
    Can I suggest those who are unhappy look up what a director's (legal) responsibilities and duties are and then consider what they are posting. It's easy ranting and raving, but it's not as simple as that in the harsh old real world. If anyone doesn't like the "rigged" system, maybe think about spending your time and money elsewhere. It's niave to think you will change the world and it's possibly healthier spending time focusing on things that don't annoy you. I'm only really interested about a Saturday on the pitch.!And I think most of the 15k plus silent majority think the same. It's football. Not politics, GHTTH
    Until you can get them to say something, do you think you (and others) could bin this attempt to co-opt most of the support to your position? Total guesswork helps nobody.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    During the campaigning Frank assured me the loyalty points scheme was a priority of his and one he would be pushing to reinstate if elected. After the elections Tracy then brushed my query aside by more or less telling me on here to forget it as it wasn't going to happening. I don't hold any grudges though towards the reps - I'm sure Frank would have brought the issue to the table, but the dismissing of an issue that is supported by a large number of Hibs fans leaves you wondering what clout they actually have in the boardroom.
    Once the term of office has been fulfilled, I'd be inclined to restructure and remove the fans rep from a boardroom position, and make them more of a ceremonial role.
    Rod Petrie (representing the majority shareholder) and Leeann Dempster (due to her track record and popularity with the supporters) will have all the clout in the boardroom - that won't change as long as they are there. With that said, I really don't see how the supporters' rep thing, even though what they can share publicly is limited, can be anything but positive.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 18-09-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Let's not forget the creation of supporters reps in 2014 was to help repair the damage between a lot of fans and our Board.

As Leeann herself said in relation to supporters reps on the Board : "The Club have put a lot of effort into re-engaging with supporters on a number of levels... Hibs are intent on having ‘fans at the centre of everything we do’

I'm still hopeful we will get a full explanation from our reps and we can learn from this question of accountability.

I do not believe the answer is to destroy these positions and revert to a board with no direct input from the support. Yes, I realise that on this occasion the direct input from the fans reps seems hard to understand but we need to fix this. I don't doubt Frank or Tracey's love of Hibs and I'm sure they'd be gutted to think this lack of communication/engagement with fans will result in the demise of democratically elected board members.

Plenty democratically elected politicians lose the faith of their electorate and are subsequently dumped. The answer is not to do away with elected positions but rather help make sure they work and that the board's stated intention of 'having fans at the centre of everything we do' actually happens.
    Last edited by Johnny Clash; 18-09-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    apologies if im wrong but didnt you want to be a rep?
    No. Your right :-) I'm glad I stood 'tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    Then they'd have to go with the result of who voted. That's how voting works. Jeezo!!

It's funny how folk who want to "move on" only really know or speak to folk who feel the same and vice versa.

I agree with you on the issue of fans reps. What their role is is far too wooly. Club ambassadors would be a better name for them.
    I have noticed that those who favour moving on do seem to claim everyone who doesn't vote in any of the polls for their side.
    If that happened in real life we wouldn't be leaving the eu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I have noticed that those who favour moving on do seem to claim everyone who doesn't vote in any of the polls for their side.

I've been thinking on how to do this re a poll. What if Hibs.net admins logged everyone out and when logging back in users were presented with a poll re SFA investigation before they accessed the forum, could that work?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I've been thinking on how to do this re a poll. What if Hibs.net admins logged everyone out and when logging back in users were presented with a poll re SFA investigation before they accessed the forum, could that work?
    Previous to supporters reps being created - a survey of more than 4000 Hibs fans was carried out with the help of Supporters Direct Scotland.

No idea how this works though.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    But again, what the supporters vote for may not be what the major shareholders want to do.

The major shareholders decide club policy, not the supporters.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Now that some of the dust has settled on this, can I ask a couple of questions?

It seems clear now that there is (very) limited support for Celtic FC position among the other professional clubs - indeed it now feels like the SPFL board went ahead and asked for an enquiry without asking their full membership first.

So - broadly the clubs dont want an enquiry, the SFA dont want an enquiry.

Where exactly does that leave the large number of fans who still want something to happen?

If Celtic cant get anything to happen themselves, is it even conceivable for a fans group / groups to gain any traction for anything?

n.b. I am not trying to have a pop, I am genuinely interested in where this leaves things

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

There is no way you can compare a poll on Hibs.Net with the vote to leave the EU.

Hibs.net poll was an unrepresentative poll of a small subset of those who would be eligible to vote. If you remember rightly, similar polls pre EU vote and other recent votes got their predictions quite badly wrong. It was a poll and not one for the club to take any note of and if they were to they would have to publish and follow more clearly laid out rules

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Loyalty points & Cup Top Ups as a supporter the removal of both leave me feeling slightly bitter towards our hierarchy.

ditto

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    ditto
    The loyalty points system was a great idea until it was seen as some way of increasing revenue & was hijacked as an HSL bribe.