hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's your opinion and i don't agree as do quite a lot of other Hibees. If they had been doing their job properly, they would have polled the support, because let's face it, it's the support that put them there in the first place. Remember, this wasn't just decided at one board meeting, Tracey herself said it was discussed over a few, they had ample opportunity to allow all fans that wanted a say, a say and they chose not to.
    I think part of the problem is what people expect a "fans rep" to do. I expect them to take part in board meetings and decisions in the best interests of the club a d with some experience of being a supporter. I do not expect them to consult and agree with me on every issue. Having contacted and met Tracy recently I've a huge respect for the unpaid work these reps do for our club. They are privy to all the information and did the job in the best interests of the club as they saw it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    These 2 points are a bit contradictory aren't they?

also, isn't it just a little bit arrogant to say that since you can't imagine information so sensitive, it therefore can't exist?

You've said there wasn't a vote on this occasion, there was a board discussion, several presumably. Over the course of those discussions, they've come to a final position. What then did anyone expect the board's statement to say? "Some of us think this but more think that, so that's what we've decided to do"? Of course the statement will say they are unanimous, anything else would be folly.

Many people are upset with and disagree with the statement and the position it describes, to lash out at the reps isnt fair. They were elected to represent the fans, some don't seem to want to let them to do that.

They official statement would say the 'majority' decision if some board members expressed an alternative point of view and were not convinced to change their minds,

Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    Already spoken to my branch head honcho of HSA. Work in progress.
    Excellent, that's great news. Hopefully some progress is made in organising positive action to challenge the legal advice rather than merely issuing statements.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yep everything so sensitive MI6, The FBI, Mossad, the KGB and The CIA are involved to keep it in amongst themselves. Utter bull****! It's a dirty, dirty game going on and they all have been caught with their finger in the pie! No one will ever talk at me re legal mind opinion as there are many independent lawyers whose legal opinion could easily out argue the other! It's a complete stitch up! Those want to ware it, go right ahead as I'm not! Fixed, rigged, complicit, duplicitous fraud. NOT IN MY NAME.
    Last edited by MrSmith; 17-09-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    I'll post re on field opinion but not another penny of mine will go into Scottish football!

Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    I think part of the problem is what people expect a "fans rep" to do. I expect them to take part in board meetings and decisions in the best interests of the club a d with some experience of being a supporter. I do not expect them to consult and agree with me on every issue. Having contacted and met Tracy recently I've a huge respect for the unpaid work these reps do for our club. They are privy to all the information and did the job in the best interests of the club as they saw it.
    I don't expect them to consult on every issue either. But this was a massive issue and fans should have been consulted. Well, actually some were but we don't know how many.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Nope . They are not contradictory at all mate. Perhaps you've got a better imagination than me? I never said there was no top secret squirrel info so I think it's a bit nuts to talk about arrogance.

Also, it was Tracey who said in a previous post there wasn't a vote. I''m therefore assuming Tracey's right - there was no vote.
    the point I made about arrogance was not to say there isn't sensitive information, but that it was possibly a bit arrogant to suggest that as you couldn't imagine it, that it couldn't exist. I don't claim to know everything that could be discussed by our board. What I meant was that there are things that we 'don't know that we don't know', and that this sensitive info could fall into that category.

It was Tracey who said there wasn't a vote, that wasn't intended to come across as implying you had suggested that, apologies if it did, was simply a reference to you mentioning it in your post

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    They official statement would say the 'majority' decision if some board members expressed an alternative point of view and were not convinced to change their minds,
    fair point

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I'll post re on field opinion but not another penny of mine will go into Scottish football!
    Hibs supporter?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

As 288 companies house directors, the fans reps have legal / fiduciary duties and cannot abrogate those by voting on proxy based on what others views are. And by others we are talking about a wide fan base. They have to do what they believe to be right, based on the info presented to them at board meetings and not what is reported in the media and fans forums. Some might not like it, but that's the facts of the situation. For what it's worth, I am pleased that the club is focussing on football and the good work it's doing around things like mental health. That's where they (we) can make a positive difference to people's lives. With all the chat that goes on on this, I'm glad I didn't get voted on as a fans rep. I think they are doing a good job and hope they will be supported by most people on here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Hibs supporter?
    Your point?

Your point?
    Why would you stop following your "team"....Must be really good to punish Hibs for this

@hibs.net private member
    Your point?
    Think the point is: you can't be much of a Hibs supporter if you let this get in the way of following your team.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Why would you stop following your "team"....Must be really good to punish Hibs for this
    Sorry don't follow your logic? "Hibs supporter" "your team" ?? Why don't you just spit it out and say what you really mean?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Think the point is: you can't be much of a Hibs supporter if you let this get in the way of following your team.....

Is a principle out with thought process?

Sorry don't follow your logic? "Hibs supporter" "your team" ?? Why don't you just spit it out and say what you really mean?
    spit it out, think you have spat your dummy out...Not going back

@hibs.net private member
    Is a principle out with thought process?
    How about a principle of: I'm going to support my team no matter what....

Blog Entries
    spit it out, think you have spat your dummy out...Not going back
    You are damn right I have! I'm not paying into a rigged system any more! Call me what you want but this episode has sickened me and "my club" are complicit in the cover up. I have spent thousands on hibs in simple hope and good faith that as a "hibs supporter" believed we could achieve something in fair competition.
    Last edited by MrSmith; 17-09-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    How about a principle of: I'm going to support my team no matter what....

Yeah I'll continue paying my hard earned into a rigged system! Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    the point I made about arrogance was not to say there isn't sensitive information, but that it was possibly a bit arrogant to suggest that as you couldn't imagine it, that it couldn't exist. I don't claim to know everything that could be discussed by our board. What I meant was that there are things that we 'don't know that we don't know', and that this sensitive info could fall into that category.

It was Tracey who said there wasn't a vote, that wasn't intended to come across as implying you had suggested that, apologies if it did, was simply a reference to you mentioning it in your post

fair point

No problem mate and no offence taken. I was being totally genuine - my personal opinion is something must have been said to make our two reps go along with that 'unanimous view'. I honestly can't think what that could have been as our club wasn't the accused. So if there was some earth shattering information that is sensitive to Hibs then just let us know that's what happened.

I don't think either Tracey or Frank would deliberately concede something lightly so presumably something heavy happened? It's all very weird and hopefully some statement from our reps will be forthcoming?

You are damn right I have! I'm not paying into a rigged system any more! Call me what you want but this episode has sickened me and "my club" are complicit in the cover up. I have spent thousands on hibs in simple hope and good faith that as a "hibs supporter" believed we could achieve something in fair competition.
    Cheerio then........

Blog Entries
    Cheerio then........
    Is that it? Clever eh!

Is that it? Clever eh!
    Your choice, not mine....You are giving up on Hibs, clever

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    The club only released a statement because the Reps took the fans concerns to the board. That was them doing their job as reps.
    When it came the the vote they have to do their duty as board members meaning they make a decision in the best interests of the club based on the evidence they have. They fulfilled that duty as well.
    I think it was the wrong decision but if everybody who are demanding justice actually got themselves organised to do something concrete, (Crowd funding, engage their own lawyers etc) instead of simply attacking our own club then something might be achieved. It's the SFA we should be attacking, not our own.
    I've read the various threads on the subject and it's an issue I'm not really prepared to divulge how I feel. People become very emotive on the issue and tbh, i'd rather comment about on the field stuff involving Hibernian FC. I have next to no knowledge on EBT's or the legalities around any of this nor have I been part of a board before.

Just wanted to highlight this was an excellent post by Marinello59

@hibs.net private member
    Yeah I'll continue paying my hard earned into a rigged system! Good one.
    News alert....Life sucks sometimes.

Can I suggest those who are unhappy look up what a director's (legal) responsibilities and duties are and then consider what they are posting. It's easy ranting and raving, but it's not as simple as that in the harsh old real world. If anyone doesn't like the "rigged" system, maybe think about spending your time and money elsewhere. It's niave to think you will change the world and it's possibly healthier spending time focusing on things that don't annoy you. I'm only really interested about a Saturday on the pitch.!And I think most of the 15k plus silent majority think the same. It's football. Not politics, GHTTH

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Dundas View Post
    Can I suggest those who are unhappy look up what a director's (legal) responsibilities and duties are and then consider what they are posting. It's easy ranting and raving, but it's not as simple as that in the harsh old real world. If anyone doesn't like the "rigged" system, maybe think about spending your time and money elsewhere. It's niave to think you will change the world and it's possibly healthier spending time focusing on things that don't annoy you. I'm only really interested about a Saturday on the pitch.!And I think most of the 15k plus silent majority think the same. It's football. Not politics, GHTTH
    There's much more to really only being interested about a Saturday on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    There's much more to really only being interested about a Saturday on the pitch.
    Ok. Can you give some examples?

I'm not a politically minded chap who feels that I need to or want to change the world. And if I spoke to every fan at Easter rd on a Saturday, I think most couldn't give a t@@s other than how the team played, what was the score, who won and did they have a good day out. Maybe I'm wrong. Each to their own. That's how I like to enjoy my days out at the football. If I wanted to change the world I'd be a politician. God forbid!

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    I'm not a politically minded chap who feels that I need to or want to change the world. And if I spoke to every fan at Easter rd on a Saturday, I think most couldn't give a t@@s other than how the team played, what was the score, who won and did they have a good day out. Maybe I'm wrong. Each to their own. That's how I like to enjoy my days out at the football. If I wanted to change the world I'd be a politician. God forbid!
    That's your perogative mate but don't assume that you're in the majority when every poll from every Scottish teams forum suggests otherwise bar Sevco. Everyone wants an investigation of the governing bodies, the fans reps knew it and the club knew it, why they released that statement only adds to the lack of transparency.

Testimonial Due
    Loyalty points & Cup Top Ups as a supporter the removal of both leave me feeling slightly bitter towards our hierarchy.