hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tracey has been on here quite a lot, and other social media types. The other one promised he'd do more when up for election, but there's been nothing I have seen from him.

Very happy to be put right on this, but I doubt it.

Tracey seems to have been gagged, ( i obviously understand why) how would we know if the other one had been gagged if we never hear anything anyway?
    Your "gagged" point feels right .....Iirc. Tracey had previously committed an update on this matter after a board meeting a couple of months ago. It never appeared. It is now clear from the recent statement that this matter was not concluded over one board meeting, it took successive meetings to agree a position..

The fans reps should have simply updated in the mean time...a truthful statement of "the matter was discussed, the board have not concluded their views yet and it will be further explored at the next meeting"...would have been an honest and clear way of providing an update. The fact that Tracey didn't come back in it , does suggest a request not to - as she has been pretty good at engaging on a range of topics ..

inconsistent communications approaches confuses us fans ...we don't expect to get all the answers if they are not there neither can we expect to agree with all of the views and decisions - but keep us updated in line with commitments- that's all I ask for

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    The Working Together group is open to anyone who fancies going along (I think).
    Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Thanks mate.
    Think you have to email though to say if you're wanting to go.

Tracey has been on here quite a lot, and other social media types. The other one promised he'd do more when up for election, but there's been nothing I have seen from him.

Very happy to be put right on this, but I doubt it.

Tracey seems to have been gagged, ( i obviously understand why) how would we know if the other one had been gagged if we never hear anything anyway?
    The other one???? Not know his name, or too petty to use it?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    Think you have to email though to say if you're wanting to go.
    So you have to use the world wide web to see a rep, but one of them won't use it to keep us informed

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    You seem to know Frank Dougan well. Any reason he doesn't post on here?

It's a fair question, I watched the video when they were pitching for votes and he definitely said he'd be more accessible than previously.

I've yet to hear a word from him on any subject since he was re-elected.

Is that his name, not seen anything from him for ssooooooooo long i'd forgotten it?

Its funny how you are right on here sticking up for him, when it seems he wont for some reason or other?

Do you remember his words when he wanted to be voted in again?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Is that his name, not seen anything from him for ssooooooooo long i'd forgotten it?

Its funny how you are right on here sticking up for him, when it seems he wont for some reason or other?

I think he simply requesting a bit of manners towards a fellow Hibs fan, regardless off any issues you have with either of the fans reps.

I know I have been critical of the fans reps, but I feel for them (or Tracey anyway) as she has been badly let down by the board and clearly told to say nothing. I guess that shows what our board think of the fans reps.

Frank is another matter. You need to know him or know where to find him, but all is Ok cos he attends functions to represent the club and holds the licence on behind the goals and can tell us what is going on...........

I don't know Frank Dougan but I know who he is.

It is a bit unfair to say he's not very visible.

He's about as visible a Hibs fan as it is possible to get.

You see him at every game, somewhere or other.

When there are mad ticket scrambles he is there, trying to smooth things out.

He may not be the most visible online (which I suppose may be a fair and reasonable criticism in this internet age) but for some folk the internet just isn't their thing.

It's easy to forget that with Hibs, a lot exists beyond hibs.net - I think (from little knowledge other than going to Hibs games and speaking to fellow fans) that Frank does a cracking job engaging with Hibs fans in all the important areas outwith the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    You seem to know Frank Dougan well. Any reason he doesn't post on here?

It's a fair question, I watched the video when they were pitching for votes and he definitely said he'd be more accessible than previously.

I've yet to hear a word from him on any subject since he was re-elected.

He doesn't post but browses. Him and Tracey liaise daily and any statements put out by Tracey, are joint discussions they have had.

Can tell you he is thoroughly fed up of the constant criticism, of him, Tracey and the Club. He used to go to the games to enjoy them, not so sure that's the case anymore. I only stick up for him as he is a friend, as I'm sure you would do too if roles were reversed

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

He may not be the most visible online (which I suppose may be a fair and reasonable criticism in this internet age) but for some folk the internet just isn't their thing.

It's easy to forget that with Hibs, a lot exists beyond hibs.net - I think (from little knowledge other than going to Hibs games and speaking to fellow fans) that Frank does a cracking job engaging with Hibs fans in all the important areas outwith the internet.
    Fair points, but you don't need to be a board director of the club to do any of the things here and others that are done for the love of the club, a reps role would more than cover it, and would free up the rep from the sort of issue that has arisen here where it seems they haven't really been able to represent the fans anyway, or at least say how they've done it, what they've contributed and why.
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 13-09-2017 at 06:01 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Smartie, re your last paragraph, spot on. I see Frank at every home and away game, and development games as well. I see Tracey slightly less, but she's always around at games if I wanted to catch up

He doesn't post but browses. Him and Tracey liaise daily and any statements put out by Tracey, are joint discussions they have had.

Can tell you he is thoroughly fed up of the constant criticism, of him, Tracey and the Club. He used to go to the games to enjoy them, not so sure that's the case anymore. I only stick up for him as he is a friend, as I'm sure you would do too if roles were reversed
    So when Tracey says anything on social media, she's talking for him too?

Everything she says are his thoughts too, brilliant, i had a wife like that once.

When he said during nominations that he'd have to be more social media friendly, what he really meant was i will get someone else to do it for me.

@hibs.net private member

Is there that much to do that they chat daily? It'd be good to hear an update on what they've been discussing over the last few weeks.

So when Tracey says anything on social media, she's talking for him too?

Everything she says are his thoughts too, brilliant, i had a wife like that once.

When he said during nominations that he'd have to be more social media friendly, what he really meant was i will get someone else to do it for me.
    Fair enough, you have made it fairly apparent there is no point discussing it with you, as you can't debate without pot shots

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Is there that much to do that they chat daily? It'd be good to hear an update on what they've been discussing over the last few weeks.
    Would suggest there is always something going on, they both get emails direct from supporters on various issues

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Smartie, re your last paragraph, spot on. I see Frank at every home and away game, and development games as well. I see Tracey slightly less, but she's always around at games if I wanted to catch up
    Billy, why didn't you stand for rep? Serious question? You would be ideal imo.

Fair enough, you have made it fairly apparent there is no point discussing it with you, as you can't debate without pot shots
    I dont think Frank is helping himself here. I for one have no idea who he is or how to find him.

There must be a way for the fans reps to engage with the people they represent and who actually voted them in !

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I dont think Frank is helping himself here. I for one have no idea who he is or how to find him.

There must be a way for the fans reps to engage with the people they represent and who actually voted them in !
    He is at every game and readily accessible

Why dont you do his talking for him, as im hearing more from you.

If i failed to do something i'd said during the run up to the reps vote, after been criticised for not doing it the previous year, but promised that would change if i was voted back in.

I'd expect that to be questioned.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Billy, why didn't you stand for rep? Serious question? You would be ideal imo.
    Thanks, but it's not for me just now.
    I enjoy going to see Hibs, without getting involved in the politics of it

Left by mutual consent!
    Have you got a link to his profile page so people can recognise him? I know Frank, he's a top guy but many who don't frequent the Hibs club might not.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Thanks, but it's not for me just now.
    I enjoy going to see Hibs, without getting involved in the politics of it
    Cool mate. I look forward to the day you do :)

In amongst 13k season ticket holders he will be easy to find right enough

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

Thanks for the reply. It does seem strange that he doesn't post himself though, I mean just generally.

Never comments on the games or manager or anything at all really!

He must have known going in for the role that it would mean constant criticism. That's all directors ever get! If he us fed up with it and it starts to ruin his own experience of watching Hibs he would probably be best jacking it in when his term is up.

The concept of fans reps has probably run it course anyways.

Why dont you do his talking for him, as im hearing more from you.

If i failed to do something i'd said during the run up to the reps vote, after been criticised for not doing it the previous year, but promised that would change if i was voted back in.

I'd expect that to be questioned.
    I can't explain why Frank doesn't post here. Maybe he is avoiding confrontation, with those only too willing to stick the boot in?

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    In amongst 13k season ticket holders he will be easy to find right enough
    Try an away game smarty

I can't explain why Frank doesn't post here. Maybe he is avoiding confrontation, with those only too willing to stick the boot in?
    Why would anyone want to stick the boot in?

And if he does not want confrontation, the fans rep job is not for him?

Try an away game smarty
    I still wouldnt know where to start. Do I just go about everyone and ask if they are Frank Dougan - easily accessible !!!