hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dylan McGeouch

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His nickname is "The Tampon" (in for one week then out for three) 'quote'

Im sitting with a few people and Im really glad that when I asked the group (male and female) what they thought of someone actually using that phrase, they were unanimous in saying:
    1. It isn't remotely funny
    2. It's as crass a comparison as you would ever read
    3. Whoever thought it up has serious issues😀
    I wonder if anyone actually calls him it or is it just used with a specific group of people🤔
    The first time I heard that joke I thought it was quite funny, couldnt care less if its crass or not. Suppose it depends on your sense of humour. I hope that group don't go to see Frankie Boyle or Ricky Gervais as they'll find them terribly crass.

Hope wee Dylan can stay fit. A midfield of him, Bartley and McGinn would be the strongest outside Celtic IMO.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy69 View Post
    He's a great player.........sadly though, his body just doesn't let him perform effectively as a professional footballer. His nickname is "The Tampon" (in for one week then out for three).

Put it this way, I'd be surprised if he didn't pick up a niggle or aggravate his long term injury after his game time today.

It's such a shame and so frustrating (for him more so than us I imagine).
    Is this your nickname for him or do people at the club actually call home that? To his face? Behind his back?

It just seems like a most juvenile and unlikely expression, even amongst footballers???

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I think people are over thinking the whole tampon nickname thing.

That's pretty much my thoughts on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Is this your nickname for him or do people at the club actually call home that? To his face? Behind his back?

It just seems like a most juvenile and unlikely expression, even amongst footballers???
    Its from a guy who has 69 in his username. QED

@hibs.net private member
    I'd be over the moon to get Dylan playing, at full fitness, the vast majority of games this season.

If we go 4-3-3 a midfield 3 of him, Bartley and McGinn would be excellent. Allow Bartley to sit and the other two to get forward.

We all know SJM's ability and Dylan showed in the Aberdeen semi final how dangerous he can be not just with his passing but driving at the opposition and getting into the box.
    Last edited by neil7908; 10-07-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I'd be over the moon to get Dylan playing, at full fitness, the vast majority of games this season.

If we go 4-3-3 a midfield 3 of him, Bartley and McGinn would be excellent. Allow Bartley to sit and the other two to get forward.

We all know SJM's ability and Dylan showed in the Aberdeen semi final how dangerous he can be.
    Yes, Dylan is my favourite Hibs player (and glad to see the thread back discussing football instead of nicknames :)

Him and McGinn showed in possession yesterday that they can go toe to toe with £13m footballers, and eventually it is the £13m men who decided to back off them, as Dylan and McGinn never lost the football, when in space or in tight situations. Great feet, and lovely vision

McGinn and McGeouch, fit and playing together, will be massive for us this season. Hope for Dylan, as much as the team, that he gets a full run of games to prove his quality. As others have stated, our best player IMO (or equal with SJM! 😉, can never decide)

Dylan had a fair game yesterday and although it was a testimonial it wasn't treated like that both teams wnet for it eventually which made it a better game. We really need another player in there and if true we are showing an interest in Ali Crawford I feel he is another aggresive attacking midfielder and would be an asset at ER

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    Dylan had a fair game yesterday and although it was a testimonial it wasn't treated like that both teams wnet for it eventually which made it a better game. We really need another player in there and if true we are showing an interest in Ali Crawford I feel he is another aggresive attacking midfielder and would be an asset at ER
    I forgot about the Crawford rumour, I wonder if there is any truth in that as it's all been quiet since it first came out.

I'm hoping the longer summer break has helped Dylan get some much needed rest on his pelvic problem, a few weeks in the sun does wonders at times.