hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Taylor

Left by mutual consent!

Josh Taylor

Hibs fan and Prestonpans boxer Josh Taylor was sensational tonight with 7th round KO

2. Log in to remove the advert

30 quid on at 7/1 for it to be over in the first 6 still happy for him though

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    I just watched that, what a fighter. I never knew he was a Hibs fan but makes it even better!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just watched that, what a fighter. I never knew he was a Hibs fan but makes it even better!
    Alex Arthur commentating on fight a great boxer and Hibs man aswell.

First Team Breakthrough
    That was a world class performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by penihibs View Post
    Alex Arthur commentating on fight a great boxer and Hibs man aswell.
    Nah. Hes a Liverpool man who milked hibs to try and get more people along.

I just heard from a mate, that young Josh done the business.excellent. If he gets to the level of Alex Arthur or even the great Kenny Buchanan that would be something. 2 top class boxers from our area and of course the young man that keeps it going in our area, handing out flyers outside ER, sound guys.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Hibs fan and Prestonpans boxer Josh Taylor was sensational tonight with 7th round KO
    I thought he did well in a step up for him. A decent test...but still a fair way away from a title fight

Massive performance by Josh. Shut the one trick pony fud up.

Great performance by Jason Easton as well against a very durable boy.

First Team Breakthrough FFupper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I thought he did well in a step up for him. A decent test...but still a fair way away from a title fight
    Disagree, I think he's ready now. Excellent hand speed and technique. Made the other boy look very ordinary.

I'm Sure that Bradley Welsh was quite good around that level , but the great Kenny Buchanan, was something special. I know he never fought proffesionally in his home town , but I did see him at the police boxing championships which were held in the assembly rooms Edin. at one stage.he made a cameo appearance, with 2 other fighters against him for a round. he fought his brother Alan, (I think) and also in the ring at the same time he also fought one of the Imries. who were both amateur. he was a mazing.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Great stuff from Josh Taylor. Was a good fight. Didn't know he was a Hibby so will be following him all the more in future.

Oustanding from Jason Easton in what was the fight of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by FFupper View Post
    Disagree, I think he's ready now. Excellent hand speed and technique. Made the other boy look very ordinary.
    So I like josh. Nice tidy fighter. But every fight has benn set up for him. He is not near ready.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    So I like josh. Nice tidy fighter. But every fight has benn set up for him. He is not near ready.
    Benn's 53 now and a different weight so shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Met josh last year in the LA gym where incidentally Darren McCormack was pounding the bags with relish but terry was still giving him dogs abuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I just heard from a mate, that young Josh done the business.excellent. If he gets to the level of Alex Arthur or even the great Kenny Buchanan that would be something. 2 top class boxers from our area and of course the young man that keeps it going in our area, handing out flyers outside ER, sound guys.
    What level did Alex Arthur reach? And I can't see Josh handing out flyers around Easter Road in the near future?

I'm Sure that Bradley Welsh was quite good around that level , but the great Kenny Buchanan, was something special. I know he never fought proffesionally in his home town , but I did see him at the police boxing championships which were held in the assembly rooms Edin. at one stage.he made a cameo appearance, with 2 other fighters against him for a round. he fought his brother Alan, (I think) and also in the ring at the same time he also fought one of the Imries. who were both amateur. he was a mazing.
    Buchanan has claim to be one of scotlands greatest sportsmen. Was at highest level at weight

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    Buchanan has claim to be one of scotlands greatest sportsmen. Was at highest level at weight
    Kenny Buchanan was Ring magazine boxer of the year. Runner up was some guy called Muhammad Ali! Josh is a tremendous prospect but he still has a long way to go. Excellent performance last night.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Kenny Buchanan was Ring magazine boxer of the year. Runner up was some guy called Muhammad Ali! Josh is a tremendous prospect but he still has a long way to go. Excellent performance last night.
    Josh at 5ft 11 & a fighting at 10st has a tremendous reach advantage but was toe to toe with the highly rated Englishman and showed unbelievable power. Josh knocked him down and did not try to defend himself when ref restarted fight. Josh tore it and ref had to dive in to save the guy. Very impressed as guy was 15-0 with 12 k o. ER and Scotland are proud of u.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    What level did Alex Arthur reach? And I can't see Josh handing out flyers around Easter Road in the near future?
    I think Josh will clearly top Alex's achievements, can already see he's going on to big things.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Hibs fan and , Prestonpans boxer Josh Taylor was sensational tonight with 7th round KO
    Top or bottom?

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar

I was lucky enough to be at last night's fight and speak to both Josh and Ricky Burn's. Ricky Burn's made an offer to fight Anthony Crolla but Joe Gallagher doesn't seem keen. Josh want's Burns and Burn's said he would accept the best offer, said Ohara Davis was paid a fortune for last night's fight.

I believe Josh is now ready to step up and fight a world level fighter and Burn's is the perfect fight at the perfect time, a fight, if promoted by Cyclone and on C5 it'll be watched by millions and could sell out the Hydro a couple of times over.

Josh Taylor wins the fight imo but as a big Ricky Burn's fan I don't think I could enjoy it.

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross4356 View Post
    I was lucky enough to be at last night's fight and speak to both Josh and Ricky Burn's. Ricky Burn's made an offer to fight Anthony Crolla but Joe Gallagher doesn't seem keen. Josh want's Burns and Burn's said he would accept the best offer, said Ohara Davis was paid a fortune for last night's fight.

I believe Josh is now ready to step up and fight a world level fighter and Burn's is the perfect fight at the perfect time, a fight, if promoted by Cyclone and on C5 it'll be watched by millions and could sell out the Hydro a couple of times over.

Josh Taylor wins the fight imo but as a big Ricky Burn's fan I don't think I could enjoy it.
    Any idea how much they made from the fight last night?

it appeared a big step up for him, however, he totally dominated Davies who was ranked at 4(WBA), 9 (IBF)and 13 (WBC). He will be fighting for a world title in the next 12-18 months imo.

It's a pity we haven't got any decent venues in Edinburgh, Glasgow has better ones like the Hydro etc

he is already far better than Alex Arthur, he is going to be a star stust me

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    It's a pity we haven't got any decent venues in Edinburgh, Glasgow has better ones like the Hydro etc
    Judging by the crowd last night Taylor is a fair bit away from needing a venue as big as the Hydro. Even Ricky Burns struggled to get close to selling it our for a world title fight.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Judging by the crowd last night Taylor is a fair bit away from needing a venue as big as the Hydro. Even Ricky Burns struggled to get close to selling it our for a world title fight.
    10th pro fight, though. Also, first time he's fought in a nationally hyped fight - he would have gained plenty of fans last night.

I believe Taylor would sell out the hydro for a world title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    Buchanan has claim to be one of Scotlands greatest sportsmen. Was at highest level at weight
    Buchanan was the world's best lightweight boxer, and got beat by Roberto Duran over 15 rounds. he suffered a below the belt blow, costing him points in that round if I recall. Duran, was known as "stone fists" too. hardest bassa you could ever meet in a dark alley.