hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What should happen to honours won by Rangers in the EBT years?

Voters
334. You may not vote on this poll
  • They should be stripped from old Rangers and re-awarded to other clubs

32 9.58%
  • They should be stripped from old Rangers and the competiions declared void for those seasons

264 79.04%
  • Nothing, case has been dealt with

8 2.40%
  • Don't know/don't care

30 8.98%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haven't checked the results obviously, but a club that had previously "lost" 4 times to Rangers would gain 12 points. That might take them above another club who had already beaten them once, and who therefore only gain 9 points.
    Indeed. Would that matter too much? You may say that the team who'd beaten Rangers once would now be 'punished' for having beaten them, but no actual real-world damage would be done to that team by the recalculation.
    And then theres the issue of the split. A club that finished 7th, ...how would we calculate their results post-split?
    We wouldn't particularly want to, would we?
    And would those recalculations affect relegation?
    Who was or who might have been relegated isn't an issue imo. That unfairness, if any, is unrightable. No team is going to be unrelegated now. The only manageable issue, imo, is what should now appear in the record books against winners (or against winners and runners-up): (1) asterisk or (b) other podium team
    And then there's the issue of RFC's notional relegation because they should finish bottom.
    Having an asterisk instead of "Celtc" in the record books doesn't solve that sort of hypothetical issue.

Rewriting of history is never straightforward (unless you're a yam and you rewrite it so that your club was an entirely innocent victim of a scurrilous Lithuanian) but denying runners-up the option of being declared champions for the technical reasons put forward so far seems unduly mean to me. Especially in 2005, where we deliberately colluded with Rangers to prevent Celtc from winning the title!
    Last edited by lapsedhibee; 08-07-2017 at 01:08 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Does anyone else see the irony here. A club that has as its focal point the queen and all things British devises a scheme to avoid paying tax to that institution. Much needed tax that could have funded our HM Forces, health service and education. You couldn't make it up. Don't care about stripping titles except for the knighthood awarded to that charlatan David Murray.
    Their arrogance has no limits. They thought and still do claim to be part of the British establishment. Expecting HMRC to look the other way.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Especially in 2005, where we deliberately colluded with Rangers to prevent Celtc from winning the title!

Hibs priority that day was to qualify for Europe. We did, i don't see it as preventing Celtic or any other team in that position (unlikely, i know) from winning the League.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Ah, so it's the (in)famous Gail under a new name.

That makes a lot of sense, cheers.

What would he/she know about the views of Hibs Fans.

yup it is indeed 'GAIL', although i did suspect after her/his first defence of all things to do with the hunnery and we should all leave poor sevco alone, wish she/he would stop changing usernames :(

Not sure if this has already been posted or not, but there is a petition to strip (the now defunct) Rangers F.C of the 14 trophies they won whilst cheating.

Sign it if you think this should happen. Fans need to make their voices heard.

https://www.change.org/p/spfl-ranger...rm=autopublish

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Hibby View Post
    Not sure if this has already been posted or not, but there is a petition to strip (the now defunct) Rangers F.C of the 14 trophies they won whilst cheating.

Signed!
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    You have to hand it to that institution. The first club were a disgrace prior to any EBT. The latest incarnation is just a horrible club.

2 clubs 1 disgrace.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Signed!
    Me too

One cultural aspect emerging in Scottish football through all this shows that the Italians are far more comfortable facing up to their corruption, meanwhile the SFA and all those associated with The Rangers strut around po-faced, in denial and seem to have broom handles firmly lodged in their backsides.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    One cultural aspect emerging in Scottish football through all this shows that the Italians are far more comfortable facing up to their corruption, meanwhile the SFA and all those associated with The Rangers strut around po-faced, in denial and seem to have broom handles firmly lodged in their backsides.
    I think that's what annoys people the most. Talk of ensuring everyone plays by the rules in future is pointless if certain people can't even bring themselves to admit that rangers didn't just cheat, but broke the law, for more than a decade. Voiding their trophies shouldn't even be seen as a punishment. It should just happen as a matter of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Broom handles? Is that something you have to endure when you join the funny handshake mob?

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Broom handles? Is that something you have to endure when you join the funny handshake mob?
    I used it as a figure of speech, but I suppose......

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

signed

14 times, one for each theft

Strip the titles. Horrible despicable cheating runt of the litter club.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!

Not too sure if it has as I've signed so many - but just in case I'll sign, whether it be for the 1st or the 101st time it makes no difference, can't be too careful .....................

Haven't signed this one as don't agree with the statement "14 trophies were won by Rangers during this period, which amounts to no more than financial doping."

Imo it amounts to nothing less than financial doping.

Standards eh.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Could they be kicked out the league and join the norn irn league as well please?

Scottish based huns won't mind doing the trip that the Belfast lot currently do every week and they might even be able to do a bit of guard duty at the wall.

Everyone's a winner

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They weren't "demoted" or "relegated".

They were "voted down".
    No goin any further before chucklin while pete & his zombie buddie cont. out theirselves. Dedication, lads, but tae the maist odious excuse for a fitba team Scotland has ever had tae put up wi. Sorry, but imo, you Hun sympathisers need tae bolt.

http://twohundredpercent.net/rangers...e-now-forever/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Could they be kicked out the league and join the norn irn league as well please?

Scottish based huns won't mind doing the trip that the Belfast lot currently do every week and they might even be able to do a bit of guard duty at the wall.

Everyone's a winner

At last somebody has said what i've been thinking for years. Thank you.

Take Celtic too. Put them in Dublin, that's where they really want to be!
    Last edited by connerg; 09-07-2017 at 02:17 AM.

@hibs.net private member Jim Herriot's Avatar
    We should just change the trophy.

cup01.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Yes facts are laid hunbear. Those Lords who let Murray away with did only to protect their own compliticey. Murray should be in jail for fraud. SFA will never go against lodge orders. We are the people:(

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Related to a hun who isn't really that bothered about them these days, he takes his daughters to ER to avoid the "atmosphere" at ibrox.

He made a good point that the authorities will take no real action as riding out the small storm,that will die away, from all the other fans is a less intimidating option than having the polarised Peepul mounting a vicious campaign against them.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    I know there are many Scottish football fans who don't like this guy.

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2017/0...is-to-survive/

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Personally speaking I don't think we should.

We moderate the forum to make sure what is posted remains within the rules. That is basically the remit we have, along with the housekeeping that keeps the lights on. I don't think we have any mandate to speak on the sites users behalf. We are always keen to stress Hibs.net has no 'editorial policy' and releasing a statement about something not directly related to the site speaking on behalf of it's users goes against that.

My personal belief is that every title should be stripped and the champions for the year declared as vacant or void or similar.
    With respect I disagree. I'm never openly critical of Hibs but on this matter our silence has been deafening. Every club in Scotland (as well as their fan forums) who elect to say nothing are in dereliction of their duty to the game as a whole - this was cheating on an industrial scale and if we elect to remain silent then we don't have the right to say a damn word in the future at further transgressions by that appalling club.

I would be happy to write a statement (though it would be much later today) and send it to you and you can choose to issue it or not if you want me to.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    I know there are many Scottish football fans who don't like this guy.

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2017/0...is-to-survive/
    Not much there to disagree with. Find it strange though that someone who fancies himself as a wordsmith appears not to know the difference between credulity and incredulity.

Standards eh.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Find it strange though that someone who fancies himself as a wordsmith appears not to know the difference between credulity and incredulity.

Standards eh.
    I think his writing is dreadful. But I agree with him today.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Any word from Hibs yet? Or from either of the fans reps? Really hope we don't remain silent on this and wait for it to die down.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    With respect I disagree. I'm never openly critical of Hibs but on this matter our silence has been deafening. Every club in Scotland (as well as their fan forums) who elect to say nothing are in dereliction of their duty to the game as a whole - this was cheating on an industrial scale and if we elect to remain silent then we don't have the right to say a damn word in the future at further transgressions by that appalling club.

I would be happy to write a statement (though it would be much later today) and send it to you and you can choose to issue it or not if you want me to.
    We could have an unofficial non editorial statement from the Hibs.net users association (I've just formed it everybodys welcome).
    If you write up a statement then post it so that we can vote on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    Any word from Hibs yet? Or from either of the fans reps? Really hope we don't remain silent on this and wait for it to die down.
    I was hopeful that they might post on this thread but silencio.