hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What should happen to honours won by Rangers in the EBT years?

Voters
334. You may not vote on this poll
  • They should be stripped from old Rangers and re-awarded to other clubs

32 9.58%
  • They should be stripped from old Rangers and the competiions declared void for those seasons

264 79.04%
  • Nothing, case has been dealt with

8 2.40%
  • Don't know/don't care

30 8.98%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really hope we don't ... wait for it to die down.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MKHIBEE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think that leaving the titles vacant is allowing Oldco to "get off" ? I would happily make the present regime responsible for any wrongdoings of the Oldco, even up.to hammering them for failing to save me from a beating from grown men at Ibrox over 40 years ago.( I was 15)
    Top ye on that, 4 adult huns surrounded me at top of Leith st & proceeded to hit me in the face, spinning me round so they all could have shots, till I went down with a dislocated nose in a very large pool of blood. I was a small 14 at the time, but wearing a Hibs scarf at midday in Edinburgh probably meant I deserved it. I had a few lickings at ipox in schooldays too, but as the aulder, pension aged Hibbies used to say in those days "these huns are nothing better than animals" & that was the moderate comments! They were despicable then. Absolutely despicable. Beat up anyone in green & white. Nowadays they want to be like they were before. huns!

Here's a list of some notable Ibrox names who might possibly face a large tax bill.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...bill-1-4496731

Would Rangers (as was) really have been able to afford to sign and pay wages to all of these players had they not used EBTs?

They cheated. Pure and simple. Strip the titles and any other trophies they acquired during the cheating years. Rangers don't want to accept the debts or the seedy history from oldco but are more than happy to accept the titles. They can't have it both ways.

Time for fans from all clubs to unite together against this.