hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Boyler.....but I've never heard him described as a "Dead Ball Expert" !!!!!
    I think that's one area where we are a bit short. Think Swanson can hit a decent dead ball but that's about it.

All the crosses today were dealt with pretty easily by the keeper.

If only there was someone we could get who was known to us and could deliver a decent cross...

On another note, I really like a midfield 3 of McGinn, Bartley and McGeough. If we can keep them all fit and add a couple of forwards then we'll be in a great position.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    I say sign him up!! Looked like a class player today, calmed the team down when he came on..

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    I think Boyle is one who could ultimately leave for a decent fee this time next year if he continues to improve under Lennon.
    Could be a big season for Boyle. He is looking confident and a bit stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan the Man View Post
    Could be a big season for Boyle. He is looking confident and a bit stronger.
    Always had a lot of time for Boyle.

He's quick and he generally gives you a good shift.

Seen a lot of criticisms about him being wasteful in front of goal but then you look at stats for last season:
    Boyle:
    [ 1 goal per 5 shots ] (41 shots, 68% on target, 8 goals)

Cummings:
    [ 1 goal per 3.5 shots ] (69 shots, 64% on target, 19 goals)

Murray:
    [ 1 goal per 6 shots ] (62 shots, 47% on target, 10 goals)

Dobbie:
    [ 1 goal per 6 shots ] (120 shots, 49% on target, 19 goals)

He's actually pretty effective. Not Cummings effective but on a par with pretty much everyone else in the division last season.
    If anything the issue is him not having enough shots - possibly a result of him being played wide?

Quote Originally Posted by LondonHibeez View Post
    I say sign him up!! Looked like a class player today, calmed the team down when he came on..
    What did he do to calm the team down? For me the turning point in second half was when mcginn decided he had enough and started bossing the game. The move to 2 up front also helped.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    What did he do to calm the team down? For me the turning point in second half was when mcginn decided he had enough and started bossing the game. The move to 2 up front also helped.
    It did.

Murray was too isolated in the first half but still did his best.

Graham actually had a fine game when he went on. Good knock back to Shaw for the effort that hit the bar and by being big, physical and challenging for every high ball he gave their defenders a lot to think about. He made a decent contribution in his own box on several occasions too.

I thought Pennant did well when he went on and based on the little I saw yesterday I'd be happy to see him join.