hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fraser Murray

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's great to see some of our development players breaking thru, it makes the work and investment worth while. Hopefully, Fraser, Porteous, Martin & Shaw are just the start of things to come. A club like ours needs to produce our own.
    I think we are starting to see East Mains pay off. While you can never guarantee young players will make it we have put ourselves in the best position we could be. Dedicated youth set up with excellent facilities added to the fact that the younger generations attitudes to keeping in shape has changed with more emphasis on gyms and less on being out on the streets boozing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee1875 View Post
    Luke Berry who?

Is this the year for Fraser to step up into the first team and make a telling impact?

The last player to come through was Cummings 4 years ago. Would be good to see him get a chance. Feel it's a make or break year for Martin too

Was this the lad lad we signed from Celtic. I think we have another young boy called Murray apart from the one we got from Dundee Utd ?

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    I think we are starting to see East Mains pay off. While you can never guarantee young players will make it we have put ourselves in the best position we could be. Dedicated youth set up with excellent facilities added to the fact that the younger generations attitudes to keeping in shape has changed with more emphasis on gyms and less on being out on the streets boozing.
    One of the biggest problems in our game.IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    Was this the lad lad we signed from Celtic. I think we have another young boy called Murray apart from the one we got from Dundee Utd ?
    We also have Innes Murray. I think he was the one from Celtc though not 100% sure on that.

@hibs.net private member Pete70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    We also have Innes Murray. I think he was the one from Celtc though not 100% sure on that.
    I think you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    In the game he played last season I thought he looked a real talent and was a great threat growing forward. Hopefully he goes on to be a big player for us.

What I would say is though I thought he still needed to develop physically a bit and I think that showed as the game went on and he tired quite badly. IMO a good season for him would be to gradually break into the first team and continue to make an impression whenue does get the chance. Too early to be considering him a first team starter imo. Similar principles apply to olly shaw as well although I never saw him play last year.
    Miles in front of Oli. Oli needs another loan spell at a championship club imo. Fraser is ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    Innes Murray we signed from Septic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    The much maligned Eddie May more so than East Mains is the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieCowan View Post
    The much maligned Eddie May more so than East Mains is the reason.
    Agreed, I know he gets stick but the coaching set up we currently have is does seem to be paying off. We've had lots of young players who were good at a lower level but never made the step up, feedback from the guys who see the youth teams definitely sounds like they are closer now to first team football than before.

However having a facility such as East Mains is only going to help those coaches such as May provide the best results possible. If our coaches can't make players improve with East Mains at their disposal then they're not going to cut it.

If, going by reports and asking others who've seen a lot of this kid, he's as good as I'm told, then I would love Lennon to tell Murray he's a big part of the squad this season. I'm sure Lennon will know when to bring him into the team and when he needs a rest. I don't want him going out on loan.

@hibs.net private member
    Really hope we see some of the youngsters today

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Played very well again.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    I think worth going with and ploughing all rest of monies into strikers all based on Mcginn staying on.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I think worth going with and ploughing all rest of monies into strikers all based on Mcginn staying on.

Seemed to play in the area of the pitch where Fyvie played.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Tremendous on Thursday night against Dunfermline and played really well when he came on today

The work both Eddie May and George Craig put in at East Mains is phenomenal. The time they have spent setting up the youth development program is finally started to show.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamhere1875 View Post
    The work both Eddie May and George Craig put in at East Mains is phenomenal. The time they have spent setting up the youth development program is finally started to show.
    Something's definitely made a difference. It's been a long time since we had so many youngsters of that quality ready to step up to the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Something's definitely made a difference. It's been a long time since we had so many youngsters of that quality ready to step up to the first team.

If you look at the work May did at Falkirk and the players that came through, it was just a matter of time before seen the benefits, was Craig not at Falkirk also?

@hibs.net private member
    Thought Fraser looked really hungry and instinctive when he came on. Good balance and seems to glide across the grass. Reminds me of a young Jonny Collins.
    Looking forward to seeing him stepping off the bench regularly this season.
    Wouldn't surprise me if he cements a starting spot before end of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner