hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bradley Lowrey

Heart absolutely sank when I read this news. Normally don't get too bothered when it's not someone I or my loved ones know directly but this story really had my attention and emotions.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Absolutely gutted 😔

RIP Bradley.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heart absolutely sank when I read this news. Normally don't get too bothered when it's not someone I or my loved ones know directly but this story really had my attention and emotions.
    Saved me from posting the same, I usually detach myself from stuff like this but this one really struck a chord. Rest in peace lovely boy.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Heart breaking stuff. Feel for his family. I thank the lucky stars my child is healthy. Couldn't imagine the torment they've gone through. RIP Bradley.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Sleep well wee man.

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Saw this on Twitter when I was at work, and literally couldn't speak to anyone. Hopefully in time his parents will be able to take some comfort in how much their little boy meant to, and how he managed to bring together, so many strangers. Heartbroken for them.

Absolutely heartbreaking to hear of this brave young lads death today. Like others have said I usually detach myself but this young lad I took to my heart and followed his story.

Sleep easy lad

What a brave wee man. Your now singing with the Angels high above. R.I.P Bradley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    So, so sad. Sitting here in tears thinking about Bradley. Such a hero in such a short life.

Shame. Terrible thing to happen to a child who never got the chance to live a life.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    So sad. People are often very quick to give our game a kick in, but the way football rallied around this lovely wee lad is exactly why I love it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Bradley's story really got to me, like it did to thousands more.

The only positive I can think in this is that the poor wee soul isn't suffering anymore.

Thoughts are with his family and I hope in time they can take some solace from knowing their boy touched more hearts in 6 years than most people do in a lifetime.

RIP Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by OtleyHibs View Post
    Bradley's story really got to me, like it did to thousands more.

The only positive I can think in this is that the poor wee soul isn't suffering anymore.

Thoughts are with his family and I hope in time they can take some solace from knowing their boy touched more hearts in 6 years than most people do in a lifetime.

RIP Bradley

Very nicely worded mate, as a father and papa to a 5 year old granddaughter it really hit's home.

God bless the wee lad and his family.

Left by mutual consent!
    Heartbreaking stuff reading his story. RIP and condolences to his family.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    So sad. People are often very quick to give our game a kick in, but the way football rallied around this lovely wee lad is exactly why I love it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Agree mate, shows the wonderful side of football and those connected to it on every level. The power of good that can be instinctively brought out in so many people. Was heartbroken to see the news today.

You've inspired so many Bradley, and as shattered as your parents will be, I've no doubt they couldn't be prouder. Rest easy little one

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Absolutely this. What an amazing wee man he was. I'm quite torn-faced at times but this has really struck a chord, it's a genuinely heartbreaking story.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Same. Well said.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    A wee man who spent his short life battling a terrible illness. It just doesn't get any worse than the death of a child. Very, very sad news.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-engl...-cancer-battle

Really sad to hear this. RIP wee man.

Every time I see this story I start to well up. I think now I have a son of my own it hits home more. Hope his family realise he has touched so many people's hearts. R.I.P

@hibs.net private member KennyMillar's Avatar
    On Sunday players from both teams will wear black armbands and support a minute's applause in the sixth minute for Bradley Lowery.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Great respect for Jermaine Defoe.

Seems a decent sort. I'm sure he took time out on a tour of America with Spurs?? to meet a young Hibs fan who was over there receiving treatment for a health issue a few years back.

Jermaine Defoe could have done the usual stuff visit etc but even when he joined Bournemouth he visited Bradley. You could see from his press conference the other day Bradley really meant something to him. I wish more sportsman etc where as genuine as him. Again RIP Bradley.

Touching memories of the wee guy in the media for a long time- gutted to hear this. Have kids of similar age too. Love to Bradley and Family 💚❤️

@hibs.net private member KennyMillar's Avatar
    Short statement on behalf of the Lewis Stevenson testimonial committee.

Following tonight's news that both Hibernian and Sunderland will wear black armbands and support a minute's applause in the sixth minute of Lewis Stevenson's testimonial on Sunday, the Stevenson family have asked that part of the proceeds now go to the Bradley Lowery fund.

Half of the funds raised will already go to Cardiac Risk In the Young (CRY) and Leith Links 4 Kids.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyMillar View Post

Following tonight's news that both Hibernian and Sunderland will wear black armbands and support a minute's applause in the sixth minute of Lewis Stevenson's testimonial on Sunday, the Stevenson family have asked that part of the proceeds now go to the Bradley Lowery fund.

Half of the funds raised will already go to Cardiac Risk In the Young (CRY) and Leith Links 4 Kids.

Great stuff 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyMillar View Post

Outstanding

Heart-breaking news. It brought a wee tear to my eye. My heart truly goes out to the parents and all those affected by this little chaps passing.

I was at Bury v Sunderland last night with brother in law (Sunderland fan).

Fair play to Bury to be honest on their big screen near corner flag they just had rolling pictures of him with Sunderland players all game. Was a really nice touch.

Sunderland fans were singing some song they had made up for him.
    Cougars!!!