hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Bizarre Cummings comments about playing against Rangers

Cummings said: “Mark Warburton did a good job at Rangers. When I played against him in the Championship, he got them promoted.
    “Every time we played against Rangers, it was our hardest game. They did play us off the park the majority of times we played them. They did that to most teams.
    “They did batter us a few times. I liked the way he got them playing and hopefully we will see the same here.
    “I am excited about playing in a side that likes to play good football. The style the manager likes to play is brilliant to play in."

Did we not give Rangers as many beatings as they gave us during the two seasons we faced them in the Championship? Not to mention the Scottish Cup final...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Trying to keep his manager happy probably. Warburton beat us 6-2 and won the Ibrox games IIRC. We won the most important one of course...

@hibs.net private member
    He's clearly talking absolute crap. This is what happens when you play under Warburton, expected to talk utter crap. What an absolute embarrassment.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cummings said: “Mark Warburton did a good job at Rangers. When I played against him in the Championship, he got them promoted.
    “Every time we played against Rangers, it was our hardest game. They did play us off the park the majority of times we played them. They did that to most teams.
    “They did batter us a few times. I liked the way he got them playing and hopefully we will see the same here.
    “I am excited about playing in a side that likes to play good football. The style the manager likes to play is brilliant to play in."

Did we not give Rangers as many beatings as they gave us during the two seasons we faced them in the Championship? Not to mention the Scottish Cup final...
    I very much doubt those are his words. They certainly didn't batter us in the cup final.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member

Jason appeared against the Huns 11 times. We won seven of those games.

What do you expect him to say?
    "The manager is a f***wit, his team are p**h and we regularly played them off the park. He hasn't a clue and it was great to ram it up the smug bast**d in the cup final"

If you take the pointless Petrofac game out in which we had 7 first team players injured and 2 more go off during the match we had a winning record against his team. Cummings talking utter ***** IMO

Also, the way Warburton had them playing involved the defenders passing the ball amongst themselves for the majority of the game, I'm sure Cummings will love that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP Bestie View Post
    What do you expect him to say?
    "The manager is a f***wit, his team are p**h and we regularly played them off the park. He hasn't a clue and it was great to ram it up the smug bast**d in the cup final"
    Nothing would be better than talking absolute crap. I can only imagine he was absolutely cringing when he said that.

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Sounds like he's saying that to get onside with his new club and fans, it's certainly not true.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by portyhibernian View Post
    Sounds like he's saying that to get onside with his new club and fans, it's certainly not true.
    Dangerous tactic, someone will call bull**** on the Notts Forest fans forum. We pumped them too many times not to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Jason appeared against the Huns 11 times. We won seven of those games.
    All that needs to be said really. We own the hun.

The lad is now employed by Forrest and he's managed by the respectful man. In my trade, you don't drive for city cabs and tell every passenger to use central....

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    who cares? Player speaking positively about new team and manager shock!

listen lads, this is the guy that took an adaptor tae Wales, need I say more. More cabbage than ribs.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    The lad is now employed by Forrest and he's managed by the respectful man. In my trade, you don't drive for city cabs and tell every passenger to use central....
    you should though, far superior.....

Funny but I could have sworn I was at a Xmas game at ER where we totally annihilated them (4-0 going on ten, IIRC)

This is obviously a fake video as well.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    He's let himself down there!

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Funny but I could have sworn I was at a Xmas game at ER where we totally annihilated them (4-0 going on ten, IIRC)

I'd forgotten that 4th goal, outstanding from start to finish by Liam Craig. The 2nd isnt bad either.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar

Yeah, but Warburton wasn't in charge then?

I don't really see the problem with what Cummings has said, tbh.

His interviews are always a bit bizarre, you never know what he's going to come out with. Don't think it should worry anyone, it's just a typical Jason interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban Hibby View Post
    you should though, far superior.....
    😜

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    He is a Nottingham Forrest plsyer now. Talking p!sh but if it gets him in the manager's good books then good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    Yeah, but Warburton wasn't in charge then?

I don't really see the problem with what Cummings has said, tbh.

True, but he seemed to be making a sweeping statement about our encounters with New Hun throughout our time in the Championship.

Left by mutual consent!

Keith Jackson now working for the 'Nottingham Post' ??

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    He is a Nottingham Forrest plsyer now. Talking p!sh but if it gets him in the manager's good books then good luck to him.
    Agree.

Every forest player will be getting lessons in nonsensical long winded drivel / excuses from the ungracious bellend that is managing them.

He's a bad loser as well.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

Easily in my top 5 games I've seen at Easter Road in my 24 years of going to the football. Canny beat a bit of hunskelping.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Always find posts like this quite amusing. Why on earth would anyone believe or take at face value anything a player/manager says in a media interview?

With only a very few maverick exceptions (generally folk coming to the end of their career) hey will say exactly what the fans/current club/manager wants to hear. Their actual thoughts/views dont come into it.

Anyone would do the same. There are things about my company and colleagues i don't particularly like but if a national newspaper came and offered to pass my thoughts on to the nation I'd cheerfully say how wonderful everything and everyone is?

Sports interviews really arent worth the paper they're badly written on.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    You have to remember JC is 2 sandwiches short of a picnic 😊

They were always our hardest games, even in the games we won. Lots of goals in them for both teams overy the 3 seasons. He's allowed his own opinion- he played in them!

Testimonial Due
    He's hardly going to belt out a verse or two of Warburtons a Fanny is he?