hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Craft beer

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Schneider Weisse Tap 5, Tap 3 and Tap 4 quoffed in Tenerife. Very good.
    Go back for tap 6, that's the best one 😊 Had it in the Schneider brauhause in Munich, was outstanding!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Heverlee are having a beer fest between 21-23 July @ Waverley Arches with associated Belgian cuisine.
    Starts at 1600 on Fri and 1200 on Sat & Sun.

Just having a pint of Elvis Juice at 56 North, its decent but, not 5.95 a pint decent!
    Fiver in the brewdog bar for 2/3rds so that's a relative bargain! I agree re it being decent but not worth the price.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    Fiver in the brewdog bar for 2/3rds so that's a relative bargain! I agree re it being decent but not worth the price.
    Wonder if it was the price that set Stokes of on one that time?
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CopyableOak1875
    I tried Elvis Juice but I was disappointed, and a fiver for a schooner of it is a rip-off IMO.

Recently noticed a marked increase in the variety of craft beer on offer in Supermarkets, including the arrival of breweries such as Stone Berlin and Oskar Blues.

Also led me to finding a new favourite beer Pinner IPA from Oskar Blues in Tesco, but I've not found any cans since I found two in my local Tesco

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post

Also led me to finding a new favourite beer Pinner IPA from Oskar Blues in Tesco, but I've not found any cans since I found two in my local Tesco
    Find it a bit strange that the small one at elm row stocks them, whereas the big one on Leith walk doesnt. That pinner is nice though, their pale ale is realy good as well.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CopyableOak1875
    Find it a bit strange that the small one at elm row stocks them, whereas the big one on Leith walk doesnt. That pinner is nice though, their pale ale is realy good as well.
    Hmmm, I wonder if I may be better off looking in the smaller Tesco stores for more Pinner?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Here's a free case for you. I signed up, got my case, then cancelled saying it wasn't for me. No cost. No commitment.

www.beer52.com/freeangel17

You're welcome.

Edit: there was as cost. About 5.95 for postage, iirc.
    Sorry mate, i never got back to you on this - i did the order, then felt a pang of guilt over it sp decided not to - damn this conscience!

Appareciate the offer though!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Grapefruit IPAs are pretty popular at the minute. I like Elvis Juice.
    Im not a lover - way too sharp and citrus for me. However i can see why they would make a good summer drink.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    There's a wee brewery in Tweedbank doing some lovely beer. Get yourselves down to the Oktoberfest - train station's literally a 5 minute walk from the brewery and it's only 50 minutes or so from Waverley. (sorry, on my phone so some kind soul might like to fix the link for me if it doesn't work http://www.tempestbrewco.com/tempest-oktoberfest
    This is my favourite brewery at the moment, their Unforgiven red ale is magnificent- was habing trouble tracking it down but just managed to get my hands on a case - happy days!

Has anyone tried alchemy from Alloa? Bought a bottle of their lager ladt night in morrisons.

Also bought a couple of St Mungo's by West - i know its weegie, but it is a rather good lager.

Had a can of Tiny Rebel CLWB Tropicana last night, a bit like alcohol infused Lilt!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I tried another porter last night - they're a type of beer I just don't get. I find them sickly and clawing and I've yet to find one I can genuinely say I've enjoyed.

There are quite a lot of the American 'craft' beers that I've fallen in love with over the years, and one of them is definitely Brooklyn. They do a lot of good things in their brewery and their Sorachi Ace saison is one of my absolute favourites, but it's quite rare in the UK.

Also, has anyone tried any of the Einstok beers from Iceland? Their white ale is quite similar to a Blue Moon, but a much 'cleaner' drink.
    Okay, technically I'm a serial killer...

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Here's a free case for you. I signed up, got my case, then cancelled saying it wasn't for me. No cost. No commitment.

www.beer52.com/freeangel17

You're welcome.

Edit: there was as cost. About 5.95 for postage, iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Sorry mate, i never got back to you on this - i did the order, then felt a pang of guilt over it sp decided not to - damn this conscience!

Appreciate the offer though!
    I went for it, enjoyed that much I'm keeping it going

PS they had a cock up at the start where they sent the 1st box to a wrong address, they couldn't have been more helpful and Ive just received an extra box this month
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I tried another porter last night - they're a type of beer I just don't get. I find them sickly and clawing and I've yet to find one I can genuinely say I've enjoyed.

There are quite a lot of the American 'craft' beers that I've fallen in love with over the years, and one of them is definitely Brooklyn. They do a lot of good things in their brewery and their Sorachi Ace saison is one of my absolute favourites, but it's quite rare in the UK.

Also, has anyone tried any of the Einstok beers from Iceland? Their white ale is quite similar to a Blue Moon, but a much 'cleaner' drink.
    Never tried the icelandic one, but i agree about Brooklyn - their lagsr is very good.

I know what you mean about porter, and ive had some i didnt enjoy, but equally others that ive really enjoyed - i couldnt drink a lot of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Never tried the icelandic one, but i agree about Brooklyn - their lagsr is very good.

I know what you mean about porter, and ive had some i didnt enjoy, but equally others that ive really enjoyed - i couldnt drink a lot of it though.
    Its not really designed to be a drink thats likely to quench your thirst on a hot summers day, much more suited to sitting in front of a nice coal fire when its freezing outside in midwinter.

Heverlee are having a beer fest between 21-23 July @ Waverley Arches with associated Belgian cuisine.
    Well worth a visit for a chilled out, mellow time. Time to watch Hibs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post

The sorachi ace is on tap in ox184, along with their scorcher IPA which is realy nice as well. Pretty good selection in there which included 3 taps from tempest and one of my favourites, beavertown - gamma ray.

Tried the new 'very berry' by fierce tonight as well. Not as good as their tropical tart but still a very decent sour.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Maybe a thread hijack but I just attempted a can of something called Friels cider and I cannot remember tasting anything as vile for a very long time. And I can't get rid of the taste, even though I only had 2 sips.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Maybe a thread hijack but I just attempted a can of something called Friels cider and I cannot remember tasting anything as vile for a very long time. And I can't get rid of the taste, even though I only had 2 sips.
    I'm in the same boat!

Any of you guys doing the beer52 thing?

Just tried Black's Yellow Sub IPA and I'm really struggling with the taste... I think I'd rather swig some cough medicine!!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk