hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Official Site: HOME AUTO CUP SCHEME LAUNCHED

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sounds good to me.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    What's the point of this if your seat will be reserved in any case? Unless there's a discount for committing upfront, I'd rather just wait and buy them as they come along in the off chance I can't make one for some reason.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Great idea, saves the hassle for individual purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Baw187 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the point of this if your seat will be reserved in any case? Unless there's a discount for committing upfront, I'd rather just wait and buy them as they come along in the off chance I can't make one for some reason.
    Completely agree.
    Example being for me, the first LC game against Montrose, I can't make it because I'm on holiday but will be back in time for the Arbroath game. So why buy tickets for 2 games when you know you can only attend one of them. Pointless IMO, unless you're "happy" to be donating to the Hibs cause.

This scheme will divide opinion.

Purely for convenience, another good idea, and easy option put in place by the Club
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Completely agree.
    Example being for me, the first LC game against Montrose, I can't make it because I'm on holiday but will be back in time for the Arbroath game. So why buy tickets for 2 games when you know you can only attend one of them. Pointless IMO, unless you're "happy" to be donating to the Hibs cause.

This scheme will divide opinion.
    If it doesn't suit you, you don't need to buy. I'm sure there are many who will be glad not having to go the ticket office or get on the phone or go online to purchase access to the games. Are you suggesting this is just a ploy by Hibs to get money for nothing?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Would only buy if there was a discount - say, 30% off the price of cup tickets. Otherwise the risk of missing a game makes this not worthwhile enough for me, when you're guaranteed a ticket anyway.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    It will suit some people I suppose but you can't possibly know when all games may be so I can't see many signing up for it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Sounds a bit pointless to be honest. If you are a season ticket holder you are guaranteed a ticket anyway and you could end up being charged for a ticket to a game you can't attend.

In terms of convenience it takes about 60 seconds to login to the ticket site and adding to your card , it's hardly an exhaustive process.

@hibs.net private member
    Think the clue is in the title..it is for those who "automatically" want to secure their ticket. Simple enough premise....

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Sounds a bit pointless to be honest. If you are a season ticket holder you are guaranteed a ticket anyway and you could end up being charged for a ticket to a game you can't attend.

In terms of convenience it takes about 60 seconds to login to the ticket site and adding to your card , it's hardly an exhaustive process.
    Agreed, all a bit pointless really

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Is this not pretty much the same scheme Hearts fans are being fleeced £100 for?

If it's "pointless" don't sign up, nobody being forced into doing so
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Is this not pretty much the same scheme Hearts fans are being fleeced £100 for?
    No

@hibs.net private member
    I notice that if you are an away season ticket holder you have been automatically enrolled in this scheme. I have to say the scheme seems a bit pointless to me unless you don't have access to a computer then convenience would come into it I suppose

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not happy at all with this, I thought it was another cup we could enter :-)

Will save some admin for the club- there have been some pinch points for them last season with cup and league games and they seem to think it's worthwhile so I'm not going to question their judgement.

Good idea by the club and if you don't think it is you don't need to get involved.

I think a few hundred will sign up, but I think the club have missed a trick by not putting a discount on the tickets (even just 10%) as they would get thousands signing up for it and chances are quite a few of these season ticket holders will miss at least 1 home cup game so that 10% probably wouldn't cost the club over the whole season and chances are they'd make quite alot of money on it.

If that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Good idea by the club and if you don't think it is you don't need to get involved.

I think a few hundred will sign up, but I think the club have missed a trick by not putting a discount on the tickets (even just 10%) as they would get thousands signing up for it and chances are quite a few of these season ticket holders will miss at least 1 home cup game so that 10% probably wouldn't cost the club over the whole season and chances are they'd make quite alot of money on it.

If that makes sense

Season ticket holders already get 10 percent off home cup matches without this scheme.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Season ticket holders already get 10 percent off home cup matches without this scheme.
    Forgot about that!
    Must be time for them to announce the Betfred prices

Sorry I was meaning an additional 10% as an incentive

I'm not sure why people think it's a great idea. I saves what about 3 mins buying it online? There should surely be a discount like cup top up.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    No
    Magic, I'm all the wiser now.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I've been happy to just buy and add to card as the games come, and will probably just continue to do so. The option is now there to automatically allocate your home cup tickets if you so wish, and even if just a few hundred sign up then that is a few hundred fans who have deemed it a worthwhile option and happily signed up if they feel it makes things easier for them.
    Not for all, appealing to some but far from pointless. No one is gaining anything over any other fan, simply another way to purchase tickets.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I'm not sure why people think it's a great idea. I saves what about 3 mins buying it online? There should surely be a discount like cup top up.
    Still saves you having to deal wth it, and it's free, so I can't see how it's not a good thing?

If you don't know if you can make it, then this isn't for you, buy if you're someone who would get there no matter what, then it's a great idea.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Still saves you having to deal wth it, and it's free, so I can't see how it's not a good thing?

If you don't know if you can make it, then this isn't for you, buy if you're someone who would get there no matter what, then it's a great idea.
    But who can truly know if they can make every game? We don't know when the fixtures will be and some might get moved, some might be replays.

I 'think' I'll probably be at every home cup game this season but can't guarantee it. Therefore why would I commit to buying a ticket for every game with no real incentive to do so?

And don't say convenience cause it far from inconvenient just buying them at the time.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    It's not for me but as another option for folk who won't miss a game it sounds ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I've been happy to just buy and add to card as the games come, and will probably just continue to do so. The option is now there to automatically allocate your home cup tickets if you so wish, and even if just a few hundred sign up then that is a few hundred fans who have deemed it a worthwhile option and happily signed up if they feel it makes things easier for them.
    Not for all, appealing to some but far from pointless. No one is gaining anything over any other fan, simply another way to purchase tickets.
    i totally agree with you there!

Someone else remarked it took 3min to do this online or over the phone, so if you multiply that by the 11,350 season tickets sold then that is a lot of time taken away from the admin of manually processing the requests in the ticket office. Maybe then when tickets for home cup games go on sale there will be less moaners on here about the time taken to answer the phones and issue of tickets?

The bottom line like in many of our trials and tribulations on here is you either take it or not.......

Do those who want a discount also want discount players?