hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 119

Thread: 2017 Wimbledon

  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,579
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    What a match this is.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30,107
    Nadal out 15-13 in the fifth set - phenomenal.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  4. #33
    Wow. What a match.

    Chuffed for Muller.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  5. #34
    Touch of class from Nadal to stop and sign autographs after that. Top man.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    70
    Posts
    14,384
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got Nadal at evens, in-play. Good bet.
    Ah well, you win some, you lose some. Make's Murray's route easier.

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,579
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Muller will be a handful for anyone playing like that.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  8. #37
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Touch of class from Nadal to stop and sign autographs after that. Top man.
    The guy's a class act, I love the way he conducts himself on and off the court. He must have been hurting physically and mentally after losing a match like that and yet he still found it within himself to behave so graciously in defeat.

    He's a fantastic role model and I hope he continues to play for many more years to come.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  9. #38
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    8,983
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Muller will be a handful for anyone playing like that.
    He'll be knackered. Easy meat.

  10. #39
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nearby
    Posts
    847
    Can Ostapenko beat Venus? I have Ostapenko to win the ladies tournament at16/1.

  11. #40
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30,107
    Good match on just now between Simona Halep and Johanna Konta. It's into a third set with both of the first two sets being won on a tiebreak.

    Both women are playing some real quality stuff. They've only played two games in this final set and they've already been playing for 20 minutes!
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  12. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good match on just now between Simona Halep and Johanna Konta. It's into a third set with both of the first two sets being won on a tiebreak.

    Both women are playing some real quality stuff. They've only played two games in this final set and they've already been playing for 20 minutes!
    Konta breaks.

    2 of them are really going for it here. Another fantastic tennis match.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  13. #42
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30,107
    Konta wins 6-7 7-6 6-4.

    Brilliant match. I'm not a huge lover of women's tennis but I really enjoyed that.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  14. #43
    All over. Great stuff, apart from the fool shouting out in the crowd at the end. Semi final it is for Konta.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  15. #44
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All over. Great stuff, apart from the fool shouting out in the crowd at the end. Semi final it is for Konta.
    Pathetic, it's a real shame that it had to end like that. I don't understand why people feel the need to scream and make other loud noises during a point. There's an argument that the point should have been replayed to be honest.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  16. #45
    Testimonial Due lugz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    edinburgh
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pathetic, it's a real shame that it had to end like that. I don't understand why people feel the need to scream and make other loud noises during a point. There's an argument that the point should have been replayed to be honest.
    Yeah I think it should have. It's a shame people are talking about this after such a fantastic match.

  17. #46
    Jambo Kickback's Flump of the Year 2008 Sergey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Father Noel Furlong
    Posts
    9,665
    I really don't get the love-in with Konta. She was happy to represent Australia up until a few years ago and is now 'British No: 1' after gaining residency - she's as British as Zola Budd and has now based herself in Spain.

    It's not right in my eyes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    10,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't get the love-in with Konta. She was happy to represent Australia up until a few years ago and is now 'British No: 1' after gaining residency - she's as British as Zola Budd and has now based herself in Spain.

    It's not right in my eyes.
    It's Greg Rusedski all over again. It doesn't really bother me tbh, but as you say she isn't British.
    [SIGPIC]

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    49
    Posts
    53,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've got a small wager on a Djokovic/Konta double. Both are likely to be there or thereabouts.
    Konta's looking decent but I'm not sure about Djokovic. His shoulder was giving him a fair bit of trouble late in the game today.

    I've got a cash out option of 94 quid but I'm planning on seeing it out.........

  20. #49
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't get the love-in with Konta. She was happy to represent Australia up until a few years ago and is now 'British No: 1' after gaining residency - she's as British as Zola Budd and has now based herself in Spain.

    It's not right in my eyes.
    I quite like her as a person and as a player but not because I class her as a "home player".

    It's the same with Aljaz Bedene.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I quite like her as a person and as a player but not because I class her as a "home player".

    It's the same with Aljaz Bedene.
    Konta is borderline for me but I can accept her Britishness. Moved to UK with her parents at school age.

    Bedene moved to the UK at 19 to pusue a tennis career, he's not British.

  22. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Konta is borderline for me but I can accept her Britishness. Moved to UK with her parents at school age.

    Bedene moved to the UK at 19 to pusue a tennis career, he's not British.
    That Bedene pissed me off a few weeks ago when he said he was going to go and play for another country in the Davis cup again - not a fan of him at all and certainly didn't support him during his time in Wimbledon.

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,653
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That Bedene pissed me off a few weeks ago when he said he was going to go and play for another country in the Davis cup again - not a fan of him at all and certainly didn't support him during his time in Wimbledon.
    In his, partial, defence he wants to play for gb but isn't allowed.

    The fact he's now looking elsewhere shows it's more of a career more than anything else though.

  24. #53
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30,107
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That Bedene pissed me off a few weeks ago when he said he was going to go and play for another country in the Davis cup again - not a fan of him at all and certainly didn't support him during his time in Wimbledon.
    If he wants to play in the Davis Cup his only option will be Slovenia. The reason he can't play for GB is that the ITF won't allow players to represent more than one nation in the Davis Cup and he's already played for Slovenia, which is his country of birth.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lancashire
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't get the love-in with Konta. She was happy to represent Australia up until a few years ago and is now 'British No: 1' after gaining residency - she's as British as Zola Budd and has now based herself in Spain.

    It's not right in my eyes.
    I'm going to celebrate the 1st British ladies champion for 40 years with a kangaroo goulash if she wins

  26. #55
    Coaching Staff Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Posts
    8,177
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll be knackered. Easy meat.
    Muller takes the first set against Cilic 6-3

  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,579
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Shocking end to that set from Murray. These stupid lapses tend to cost him.

    Then he breaks the guy right away at the beginning of the 3rd
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  28. #57
    @hibs.net private member RagingReality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Falkirk
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,013
    The Jo Konta row is endemic of the problems we have with national identity in this country. She has British citizenship, she moved here at a young age. She's British.

    National identity isn't something you're not allowed to have if you're not born in the country you live in.


    1-1, 1-1, 2-0, 2-2, 1-0, 0-0, 3-1

  29. #58
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    8,983
    Drives me crazy watching Andy.

  30. #59
    @hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,579
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Murray is in trouble here. Maybe the hip injury is back.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    49
    Posts
    53,671
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Murray is in trouble here. Maybe the hip injury is back.
    Yep, it's going to take some turnaround.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved