hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Orange Walk

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you namer one person in the previous administration in Glasgow who has sympathy with the OO?

We are democratic country and people with different views are allowed to be heard. If you go down the road of banning marches and parades you move into an area of restricting peoples human rights.
    Exactly, and before you know it demonstrations would be banned as well.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Can you namer one person in the previous administration in Glasgow who has sympathy with the OO?

We are democratic country and people with different views are allowed to be heard. If you go down the road of banning marches and parades you move into an area of restricting peoples human rights.
    I'm not for banning marches, however, I am against the same people marching all over Scotland, on nearly every week end during the summer months.

Each lodge should be allowed to march once, in their own area, and they can then hang up their flutes and drums for another year. No need for these bands/lodges to be bussed all over Scotland to parade through towns, villages, and cities causing fury and angst of the locals.

Councils already give authority for lodges to march, and when they have, they can then share it, with others, for all to see.
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 10-07-2017 at 08:29 PM.

I don't believe that freedom of speech or freedom of expression should simply be treated as an excuse to say what you want without challenge or censure. With every right comes a responsibility and it's about time the Orange Order began taking responsibility for the behaviour of their members, the bands they use and the followers they attract.

In my opinion the continued indulgence of irresponsible and illegal behaviour by the Orange Order shows up the pretensions of Scotland as a more enlightened and tolerant country than other parts of the UK for what they are. Anti Catholic bigotry is regularly tolerated in Scotland, it's brushed under the carpet, ignored by the media and seen as something to be joked about. I remember being about 7or 8 and watching Andy Cameron parade about on TV at Hogmanay pretending to throw a baton about and mimicking playing a flute. Even at that age I knew it was wrong but it seemed to be laughed off as 'just a bit of fun'. Up next some other nobody pretends to burn a cross, good family fun.

Almost every public event that is granted a license comes with a caveat that the organisers will do everything in their power to avoid illegal behaviour. The Orange Order often argue their marches use hired bands as opposed to ones linked to a specific Lodge so they can't always control what they play. How difficult would it be to find the bands playing the illegal songs and not use them again? If there was a genuine will then not very difficult at all is the answer. A 10 second search on YouTube will return multiple videos of Orange marches with songs such as 'The Famine Song' or 'No Pope of Rome' being sung. Even a cursory glance shows plenty men in sashes joining in with gusto as opposed to those 'tagging long'; another often cited nonsense excuse.

If the Orange Order are continued to be allowed to march for whatever reason they wish then it should be on the proviso they actually take a stance against illegal behaviour. Permission is refused for other groups to march if there is a feeling it will lead to public order issues or offences. Why should the Orange Order be any different? Thankfully the power of new media is beginning to force these issues out of the shadows and into the wider public conscience. 15 years ago events like Glasgow last week would have passed under the radar, on this occasion the Police have been embarrassed into taking action. It's outdated, intolerant nonsense that is somehow exempt from the usual counter protests that greet celebrations of religious or racial intolerance in this country. That's a pretty sad reflection of our country imo.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

https://mobile.twitter.com/newsunday...232644/photo/1

The ****wits take ****wittery to a different level

The Orange Order will deny any responsibility as their hall will have been booked for use for a private party
    Last edited by BS44; 16-07-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post

The Orange Order will deny any responsibility as their hall will have been booked for use for a private party
    Just good honest freedom of expression.

Part of our kkkulture.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Just good honest freedom of expression.

Part of our kkkulture.
    You were nearly right.

This is their response to the Herald article. Deflect, and threaten.

orange order response.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    You were nearly right.

So no condemnation? It goes without saying that modern spin carries a degree of deflection and whataboutery but it usually still acknowledges the incident reported. Not in this case it would seem.

Tbh I'm not surprised though. To be a member of the Orange Order must take a special kind of inadequacy so to rise through the ranks and become a 'master' charged with releasing statements must push your character flaws off the scale.

Maybe they'll get fair and balanced coverage when they have a fair and balanced membership policy? It's a disgrace that in thr 21st century people who walk upright and have discovered fire are excluded from their organisation.

That is horrible! What a family they must be eh! The response is also pathetic. Erses the lot of them

@hibs.net private member
    You were nearly right.

VERY similar wording to the Rangers Club 1872 statement about Daily Record coverage,
    Compare the last paragraph of both.

http://club1872.co.uk/news/club-1872...cord-coverage/

If Rangers supporters continue to choose to spend their cash or read news online via the Daily Record website then it is unlikely anything will change. If we do not, then perhaps those running it will finally realise that we will no longer accept anything other than fair and balanced coverage of our club.

@hibs.net private member
    You were nearly right.

Any response from PC Plod yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Any response from PC Plod yet?
    I heard they were looking for a gang of taigs who damaged the Lodge.

@hibs.net private member
    I heard they were looking for a gang of taigs who damaged the Lodge.
    Jeez still on the cup final then

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Then the people themselves need to identified, named and shamed and prosecuted. That is absolutely disgusting - the fact that those photos come from a few years ago and those concerned are almost certainly still members of Whinhall LOI says it all.

I believe that lettors can in certain circumstances be held responsible for what goes on in their premises even if they're not actually involved themselves.

I'm extremely disturbed and angry to have to say that Whinhall is in Airdrie, and those people could be said to be my neighbours.
    Last edited by Doddie; 20-07-2017 at 01:12 PM.

"Once one accepts that one has bear-hugged full-blown barking there is great comfort in the bright lights and noises of the wibble-wibble show ..."

It's not just Charlottesville citizens who run their fellow man/woman over. I wonder how much time this one will get?

https://t.co/cqdytx0E7U