hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not even going to get my hopes up for Danny Graham. He would be an outrageous signing for a club like us.
    He probably just wants to win things, given our recent record he'll see us s sure thing 😁

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Some folk are never happy. So we are linked with a player and he's now a donkey blah blah blah

Bloody hell they would prefer Lafferty over Graham. Holy ***** some folk really need to get a grip!
    Is it not just one person that's said that? Whole thread is full of people that'd be delighted with him signing.

Can't see it myself though, the story sounds a bit speculative to me.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Would be an incredible signing. Newcastle boy I think so might be some mileage in It. Would imagine if we got him fit he would score a bucket full in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Is it not just one person that's said that? Whole thread is full of people that'd be delighted with him signing.

Can't see it myself though, the story sounds a bit speculative to me.
    Folk - yeah your right. It was early though Bingo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I've got mixed feelings here. I've seen DG a few times & he was indifferent at best. He's not a great footballer, nor is he IMO a natural goalscorer. However he's strong, was fast & works his socks off. In fact he'll be a great foil for JC. 😂Its possible he could be a star in Scotland but Holt was meant to be prolific & so was Kuqi though I accept DG is closer to his prime than those 2. Still he's over 30 so NL can calm down after signing a bairn in goal!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Can't say I've heard of him before but a twin strike force of Graham and Graham would cause mayhem among fans, punters and the opposition!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40453879
    Last edited by Golden Bear; 30-06-2017 at 07:55 AM.

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    Only 31 and would score a tonne of goals up here. No doubt about that

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

If there is any truth in this it would be a cracking signing, even if it was just a loan. Still have my doubts but we shall see! I appreciate the league cup is a competition we should go for, but the league start is still 5 weeks away, still plenty time to get some quality strikers in, as well as a winger or two and a centre mid I think

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Mair chance of signing Heather Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by woodythehibee View Post
    Only 31 and would score a tonne of goals up here. No doubt about that

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    I think he'd be an excellent signing but I wouldn't expect a huge number of goals.

Once he's got his feet under the table his past suggests he's around a 1 in 3 player.
    10 goals and replacing Holt's physicality up front would do me nicely :)

I really wonder just who Hibs fans think we should be signing. Not so much on this thread, althought there are plenty others where this applies, but Facebook and the likes is full of 'another loan. Yawn', 'he's a donkey', 'no thanks, doesn't score' and other such pish.

Every player we are linked with seems to be torn apart before they are even through the door with the negatives highlighted and the positives played down. Danny Graham would be a top drawer signing for any club in Scotland with the exception of Celtic and if we got him for a year it would be a sound bit of business. We don't have the kind of money that buys you a 20 goal a season striker in their prime. We either produce one ourselves (Shaw may fit the bill in time) or we look to bring in guys like Danny Graham on deals that suit all parties.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I've got mixed feelings here. I've seen DG a few times & he was indifferent at best. He's not a great footballer, nor is he IMO a natural goalscorer. However he's strong, was fast & works his socks off. In fact he'll be a great foil for JC. 😂Its possible he could be a star in Scotland but Holt was meant to be prolific & so was Kuqi though I accept DG is closer to his prime than those 2. Still he's over 30 so NL can calm down after signing a bairn in goal!
    I've seen him a few times and he's a lot better than you describe. He's been around the top 2 leagues in England and scores goals so I think he'd be a great signing. Murray and Graham upfront would be an extremely hard working strike force

Literally no chance of us signing Graham, unfortunately.

First Team Breakthrough Yuillsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baw187 View Post
    She'd definitely help shift more season tickets!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The vast majority of people moaning about Danny Graham cant be Hibbys. Simple as that i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    Literally no chance, on a loan? How come?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Danny Graham would be a massive signing for Hibs, I just can't see us having a chance of signing him to be honest.

Would Brian and Danny be the first set of brothers to play for us since the Showumnis?

He scored 7 goals in 18 appearances in the English Championship last season (which is more than double what Lanky Lafferty has scored in the past 3 years combined) which is a goal every 2.5 games. That is a pretty decent return playing for a poor team in a league where the standard of football is far higher than in Scotland.

If we were to get him he would be a fantastic signing.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    Well there obviously is a chance or Lennon wouldn't waste his time inquiring about him.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Would Brian and Danny be the first set of brothers to play for us since the Showumnis?
    Nah we had the Logan brothers who shared the same shirt.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Presume that means we can't get Stokes
    The same article says Mowbrays looking to offload Stokes . Also says Graham doesn't want to drop to League one . Maybe Mowbray will do us a two for one deal :)
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Doesn't seem to be prolific, but I think would add a physical presence. More a replacement for Holt than Cummings - hoping Stokes is the replacement for Cummings !
    We will see how prolific Jason is down there a lot harder . The guy is a very good player

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Baw187 View Post
    Now that would definitely help with season ticket sales

@hibs.net private member
    From what I know about him he'd be a massive upgrade on Holt.

I just can't see it though. Given his age and the standard he's been playing at I'm sure he'll get a English Championship club willing to either sign him out right or pay a much higher percentage of his wages to take him on loan

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I really wonder just who Hibs fans think we should be signing. Not so much on this thread, althought there are plenty others where this applies, but Facebook and the likes is full of 'another loan. Yawn', 'he's a donkey', 'no thanks, doesn't score' and other such pish.

Every player we are linked with seems to be torn apart before they are even through the door with the negatives highlighted and the positives played down. Danny Graham would be a top drawer signing for any club in Scotland with the exception of Celtic and if we got him for a year it would be a sound bit of business. We don't have the kind of money that buys you a 20 goal a season striker in their prime. We either produce one ourselves (Shaw may fit the bill in time) or we look to bring in guys like Danny Graham on deals that suit all parties.
    There's a lot of natural pessimists around who've had slim pickings the last couple of years. They're taking their chances when they can. They'll whinge about Graham coming here and if it doesn't happen they'll whinge we missed a target.

Also bare in mind there are subversive types from the likes of the yams undermining our feel good factor.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    41 goals for Watford in 98 games in the Championship
    21 in 62 for Swansea in the Premier league

Cummings wont score 41 in his first 100 Championship games, Danny Graham is as good as goal scorer as Hibs can hope to find. Would be an excellent signing if we could pull it off.
    Quite a while ago that his record was near that level. I think as long as we bring someone else to play with him ill happily take the guy but I'm just on the fence a wee bit with this one. As many folk say its perhaps a Holt replacement more than one for Jason and I suppose Graham has been playing half decent despite relegation whereas Holt was listed as Wigans worst ever player in four four two last year and i rated him at us.

I would just like to see us look for some younger gems and polish them up a bit and not continuously look for over the hill journeyman.

Would be amazed if this is true. Would be a brilliant signing.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    This would be a wow signing if any truth in it? Anthony Stokes couldn't get near the Blackburn team last season because they had Graham! Great pedigree, better player than Stokes(who I rate highly), different league to that huddy Lafferty!! Can't see it but please make this happen

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    There's a lot of natural pessimists around who've had slim pickings the last couple of years. They're taking their chances when they can. They'll whinge about Graham coming here and if it doesn't happen they'll whinge we missed a target.

Also bare in mind there are subversive types from the likes of the yams undermining our feel good factor.
    Who cares about the yams. They know we'll finish above them this year and its destroying them, they're grabbing on to anything they can, even if its a nine fingered banjo plucker whos just escaped from deliverance...