hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He loves a moan about his budget. Falkirk fans I know are getting sick of his excuses. They've had three years of being told they couldn't challenge to win the league because of the big boys. Now they are being told basically the same because the big boys have left the league. Absolute slaver.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Falkirk, purveyors of some of the most eye bleeding football I've ever had the misfortune to witness. Just delighted we don't have to watch that regularly anymore.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For once he's talking sense ( apart from his financial calculations) Falkirks budget will have reduced year on year. Three years ago Hibs, them and diet them were in the league. Then us and them. Then just us. So they will not have 1800 away fans twice a season from any club in the championship. Which to me is great as this grubby little club deserve to stay down
    Fair chance United and St Mirren and possibly Pars given the rivalry would take decent supports if they are doing well.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Don't blame it on Leith Sunshine
    Don't blame it on Rod Petrie
    Don't blame it on the Hibees
    Blame it on the budget

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I read it, amongst other things, as a sly dig at Dundee United not being a "big club".

@hibs.net private member therealgavmac's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Blame it on the budget
    He just can't, he just can't, he just can't control himself

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He loves a moan about his budget. Falkirk fans I know are getting sick of his excuses. They've had three years of being told they couldn't challenge to win the league because of the big boys. Now they are being told basically the same because the big boys have left the league. Absolute slaver.
    Agreed - any Hibee tempted to spare the fud an ounce of sympathy should cast their minds back to the first 5 mins of every game we played against them. It was the same game-plan every time - his players booted lumps out of every Hibs-player in sight as Houston knows referees are unlikely to get the book out early-doors !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Blame it on the budget
    That's pretty good. Shame you never thought of it a few months ago. Would have enjoyed singing that to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Agreed - any Hibee tempted to spare the fud an ounce of sympathy should cast their minds back to the first 5 mins of every game we played against them. It was the same game-plan every time - his players booted lumps out of every Hibs-player in sight as Houston knows referees are unlikely to get the book out early-doors !
    I thought there was a rule that first booking must be a Hibs player.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    More of their fans will buy tickets for a game against us than against ICT, so it might equate to a 3k reduction
    He's also assuming that there will be no ICT fans travelling at all.

Stop yer winging, that's life. If you are white you will be in the wee league with teams with smaller fan bases.

J

I'll miss Houston.

In the absence of the derby, then the Huns, he really stepped up to the pantomime villain plate. He helped galvanize us a support.

We owe him a lot.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    He has casually forgotten about the fact that for 1 season he had Hibs, Hearts and Sevco visiting twice then the following year Hibs and Sevco. Not our fault if they *****ed all that extra cash they got for those games.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Jambo welt should dry his eyes and build himself a bridge to get over it

First Team Breakthrough DCI Gene Hunt's Avatar
    Peter Houston talks pish, yet again. The man is a spraffing buffoon.

In other similar news, seagulls have crapped on a Vauxhall Astra parked at the Ferry in Ullapool, and a cow has farted in field near Inverness.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'm seeing his remarks as a backward compliment,I don't think there's much to get too upset about!

Coaching Staff
    Let him stew - he'll be languishing in the Championship while we'll be past caring.

First Team Breakthrough
    Was outside the ground today visiting The Kelpies on way back from holiday from Dunkeld to Carlisle. Said to wife that at least no league visits to this s*** hole this next season !

Not that I care about Falkirks finances but United filled their stand in the play offs and if United are playing well and top the league I think they will fill the away Stand and that should stop his moaning about not getting Hibs money just the cash coming from Dundee instead of Edinburgh

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    When we beat Falkirk in late March (the brilliant Keatings strike) the turnout from the Falkirk fans for an important game, top of the table "6 pointer" clash, 3pm Saturday ko, nice sunny day and about 40 minutes away was pathetic.

Concentrate on your own team Houston

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    A guy just emailed me a ticket for the game tomorrow. His name is Hefter and I was wondering why Houston hadn't tried him out as a center back. 😂😂

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Peter Houston.

Purveyor of Thuggery. A charmless man. A prick.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Sick of his excuses, really They've been punching well above expectations the last couple of seasons. Any Falkirk fan ive met has been fairly happy. Be interesting to see how they get on now there's no Hibs, Hearts or rangers in the league.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Sick of his excuses, really They've been punching well above expectations the last couple of seasons. Any Falkirk fan ive met has been fairly happy. Be interesting to see how they get on now there's no Hibs, Hearts or rangers in the league.
    Yes they have, and its got to be down to his management. With home crowds of under 4 thousand, they have managed to get to the play offs, beat us in them and finish above us in the league.

Also they've beaten and lost to us in cup semi finals, so in my opinion he's doing a fantastic job on their budget.

Give me a management team and club that punches above its weight please, in fact a team that just punches its weight would be great.