hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Hillsborough

Hillsborough

Six charged over Hillsborough, including David Duckenfield.

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Hopefully, this is finally going to be resolved, after thirty years of lies and cover ups. It's appalling it's taken this long, but better late than never.

Time to face music and be accountable.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 28-06-2017 at 11:51 AM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Good

I would call it justice, but it's not. These people have continued to live their lives for decades. A few senile old men will get jailed, big deal.

Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Sleeping Scouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would call it justice, but it's not. These people have continued to live their lives for decades. A few senile old men will get jailed, big deal.
    The families will feel justice once the trials are over and they are found guilty, then they can finally rest from their tireless campaign.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    The families will feel justice once the trials are over and they are found guilty, then they can finally rest from their tireless campaign.
    Anyone who paid attention to what Phil Scraton was writing would have known in 1992 or thereabouts that Duckenfield and Bettison had cases to answer in court. The fact it's taken over 25 years just shows what a corrupt society we live in and we continue to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    What's that organisation called again? You know the one that's been trying to get people prosecuted because of their actions and lack of, at Hillsborough.

Oh yes, Justice for the 96.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 1,789.68!

Will the establishment in this country stop behaving as if working class people's lives are worthless?

Not trying to be an arse but don't you mean IF they are found guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Not trying to be an arse but don't you mean IF they are found guilty?

I deliberately left the IF out.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Will the establishment in this country stop behaving as if working class people's lives are worthless?
    I very much doubt it.

I very much doubt it.
    Pity 'cos it strikes me that the way working class people are treated in this country is the underlying issue. I bet I could think of a few more examples without much effort!!!

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 1,789.68!

Worth bearing in mind and sharing when appropriate...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...ID=FB-Liv-main

We are seeing the ugly truth about a pretty shameful period in British history begin to emerge.

Thatcher and her government used the Police almost as a private army. They were primed for events like Hillsborough, Orgreave, Brixton and others to do the bidding of those at the top. Whether that be to assault a civilian or lie in their official reports. I have nothing but respect for the individual officers who defied orders and noted the truth after Hillsborough, those giving he orders? Repulsive characters.

The 80s saw an ideological war waged against the poor and working classes, an era where if someone didn't 'get on' it was no ones fault but their own, an era that killed proud communities and destroyed community spirit and the idea of a society that worked together.

The only regrettable part of yesterdays announcement is that those at the top of the ladder will never see the inside of a courtroom. Thatcher, Tebbit, Lawson et al should be judged as the despicable characters they are or were.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

The English sun had a front page claiming justice, total to$$ers. Glad to hear of the prosecutions, now let true justice happen

A legal technicality is stopping it being 96 counts of manslaughter due to the length of time Tony Bland survived in hospital.

The parents of the 96th Hillsborough victim - who died four years after the tragedy - today spoke of their disappointment that nobody will be prosecuted for his death.

Due to a legal technicality, match commander and top South Yorkshire Police officer David Duckenfield will face 95, and not 96 gross negligence manslaughter charges.
    Last edited by Sleeping Scouse; 30-06-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

Good shout, man. "Innocent until proven guilty" is the basis of the legal process and that's that.

The dangers of social media and the Internet.

"Once one accepts that one has bear-hugged full-blown barking there is great comfort in the bright lights and noises of the wibble-wibble show ..."

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    It's a shame Kelvin McKenzie and his band of goons aren't going to be standing trial alongside these men.

He maybe wasn't culpable in the events that happened, but his role in the aftermath was beyond contemptible.
    Okay, technically I'm a serial killer...

@hibs.net private member 21.05.2016's Avatar
    A shameful period in Britains history. The establishment and those in power blaming innocent people to cover their own backs. Makes you wonder what else they have covered up, I suspect quite a lot and it will never be known.

Yet another incident that shows Thatcher up for the **** she was. I never normally speak ill of the dead but she was an utterly deplorable woman. Also a shame that that absolute ****bag Kelvin MacKenzie can't face any charges, a truly repulsive character.

Huge huge respect for the families, the Liverpool fans and everyone else who never stopped fighting for justice and the truth, despite so many setbacks, so many dark days and being accused many times of being conspiracy theorists. They took on what they knew all along was a corrupt establishment. I'm so glad for them them that this journey is finally coming to an end and they can finally get some closure. Justice and the truth should never have taken all these years to come out.

JFT96

@hibs.net private member 21.05.2016's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    It's a shame Kelvin McKenzie and his band of goons aren't going to be standing trial alongside these men.

He maybe wasn't culpable in the events that happened, but his role in the aftermath was beyond contemptible.
    The fact it has only taken until recently for the Sun to finally sack him tells you all you need to know about that vile rag and the sort of arrogant rat bag that MacKenzie is.

A despicable man that has never even had the tiny bit of decency to even offer any sort of apology for his disgusting lies. No words can describe how much of a **** he is. An utter ****bag of the highest order.

Theres a special place in hell for the likes of him and Thatcher.