hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Hibs in European action tonight

Hibernians of Malta that is...good 2-0 win over Tallinn in Champions League qualifying.

They've been mentioned a few times on here but has anyone ever been to a 'Hibs' game in Malta?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Watching Spain v Italy under 21 and in the stand is Miixxu!Saw him tv at Ht

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibernians of Malta that is...good 2-0 win over Tallinn in Champions League qualifying.

They've been mentioned a few times on here but has anyone ever been to a 'Hibs' game in Malta?
    Quite a few times. Was in Malta last week and they love seeing a Hibs top in Paolo.

I haven't been to a game but I've been to the supporters club and the stadium, where we met the ground manager. His office had a pennant of ours on the wall and he said that it was his dream to see Hibs (Malta) v Hibs (Scotland). I was told by a family member over there that there were early discussions into this happening although it never materialised.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    I haven't been to a game but I've been to the supporters club and the stadium, where we met the ground manager. His office had a pennant of ours on the wall and he said that it was his dream to see Hibs (Malta) v Hibs (Scotland). I was told by a family member over there that there were early discussions into this happening although it never materialised.
    It would make for a great pre-season friendly if you combined it with a summer holiday to Malta.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    Watching Spain v Italy under 21 and in the stand is Miixxu!Saw him tv at Ht
    I'm sure I read a whole back that Mixu is doing some work for UEFA - not sure exactly what though.

It would make for a great pre-season friendly if you combined it with a summer holiday to Malta.
    Nah. I'm holding out for our first meeting being in the Champions League final in the Olympiastadion.

@hibs.net private member

Did a game back in 93/94 when I was in the navy. Ship was in Malta went to a game and managed to get about a 100 fans singing we F cking hate jam tarts. Wore my Hibs top and they loved it.

Got totally mugged off too. During the game this stunner came up and asked if I wanted to swap tops. Trust me she was gorgeous. Top was of and in my hand in record time she just smiled and then introduced me to some old man about 70, who took his top off and it was covered in sweat and absolutely stinking.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Did a game back in 93/94 when I was in the navy. Ship was in Malta went to a game and managed to get about a 100 fans singing we F cling hate jam tarts. Wore my Hibs top and they loved it.

Got totally mugged off too. During the game this stunner came up and asked if I wanted to swap tops. Trust me she was gorgeous. Top was of and in my hand in record time she just smiled and then introduced me to some old man about 70, who took his top off and it was covered in sweat and absolutely stinking.

GGTTH
    This is how it feels

Many times - but I also had the pleasure of seeing Birkirkara v. Yam last season in the 1st leg. 0-0, and I thought they'd blown it, but me of little faith..!

IMG_20160714_200026773~2.jpg
    Last edited by magpie1892; 28-06-2017 at 11:46 PM.