hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Would welcome him with open arms. Strong, can finish, knows where the goal is, can use his head and isn't a hun. Make it happen Lennon! This type of signing would excite me.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would welcome him with open arms.
    Just watch he doesn't bite you on the leg.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Not one poster on this thread said he had a better record than Lafferty before you started questioning them.

I think a lot of people would be happy with a Lafferty-type player (Big, strong type who also contributes goals while not being prolific) but not a Lafferty-type person.
    Other than the title and the 5 other posts which said he was a better option. No, none. I asked what it was in his record that made him that better option.

I'm yet to figure out the Lafferty type person relevance.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Other than the title and the 5 other posts which said he was a better option. No, none. I asked what it was in his record that made him that better option.

I'm yet to figure out the Lafferty type person relevance.
    Read my post again. Records may be similar but people are suggesting he is a better of option as they do not like Lafferty as a person.

Still looking for a post that says Ciftci has a better record than Lafferty.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/sta...63262186561537

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    "Cifti free to leave celtic ...."

Surely that should be "Ctf free to leave Celtc ...."

Coaching Staff
    Read my post again. Records may be similar but people are suggesting he is a better of option as they do not like Lafferty as a person.
    Which I'm not going to take seriously. It's not a best mate we're after.

No one can yet tell me what he's done.

As for Cifti. See above.

Coaching Staff

I've said above. 5 posts said he was better option.

I asked about the records to back up that conclusion.

You seem to be focused on his personality now though. A bit odd.

Which I'm not going to take seriously. It's not a best mate we're after.

No one can yet tell me what he's done.

As for Cifti. See above.
    I'm not sure people will care how seriously you take it tbh.

Coaching Staff
    I'm not sure people will care how seriously you take it tbh.
    Agree.

Left by mutual consent!
    Cifti's always been used as the cummings type which sticks around the box, lafferty was always more of a support striker doing the donkey work to create for someone else. His partners goals ratio would always be better than his. Don't think it is fair to compare goal ratio of these two. Both are excellent signings for anyone outwith celtic in this league in my opinion

Andy - His record is better than Lafferty's as has been shown on this thread. Not sure why you keep questioning it. Yes it isnt massively better , but its better.

He is also 5 years younger than Lafferty and we atleast would have the chance of making money from a transfer fee down the line. Zero chance of that with Lafferty.

Simples really.

Coaching Staff

By the way if you are going to bring in personality above football you might want to mention it somewhere. Wasn't in your or pretty much anyone else's posts until you brought it up again later.

What an idiot I am assuming we might be talking about being an option as a football player.

By the way if you are going to bring in personality above football you might want to mention it somewhere. Wasn't in your or pretty much anyone else's posts until you brought it up again later.

What an idiot I am assuming we might be talking about being an option as a football player.
    Not saying I agree with him but personality is a crucial aspect of being a good/desirable footballer

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Andy - His record is better than Lafferty's as has been shown on this thread. Not sure why you keep questioning it. Yes it isnt massively better , but its better.

He is also 5 years younger than Lafferty and we atleast would have the chance of making money from a transfer fee down the line. Zero chance of that with Lafferty.

Simples really.
    Overall including international football it's not much better.

As I said my point was only to understand what made him a better option as it's not clear on record.

I've had my answer though.

Cifti appears to be a nice guy. Despite the list of disciplinary issues. Lafferty is not. Not sure what based on yet.

First Team Breakthrough biotech's Avatar
    If available on a free - got to be worth a punt!

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Not fussed with either of them tbh. Will wait and see what transpires and then maybe think of throwing my toys out the pram.

Not much better? So you agree its better.

Good stuff. Glad we cleared that up.

Here's two examples from before your opening post

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    I'd be a lot happier with him as well. Only 25 and not a tosser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I think he's at least as big a tosser as Lafferty.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Not fussed with either of them tbh. Will wait and see what transpires and then maybe think of throwing my toys out the pram.
    Hi guys, long time reader first time poster.
    This is kind of where i'm at as well, none of them get me overly excited. We need strikers in who are going to hit the ground running and get the goals straight away to replace what we're losing now Jason's away. The lack of game time/goals between the two of them over the last few years says a lot for me. Saying that however I'll always back the manager's decision and if Lennon thinks they could do a job then they'd get my backing 100%

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I really couldn't care less about who is more or less than tosser tbh

I would take Cifti over Lafferty any day of the week

I watched Ciftci at his strutting best for Dundee United, what a player he can be, strong as an ox, skillful with a fantastic shot and decent in the air.

If he ends up in a Hibs shirt I will be making a lot more visits to ER this season.

My tuppence worth:
    Lafferty - Re the character stuff, the feigning injury against Aberdeen incident occurred when he was 21. He is almost 30 now so i would discard it.
    Since he left Rangers he only seems to last a season in the team before being sold or sent out on loan. Did well at Palermo scoring goals and helping them to get promoted to Seria A but was moved on at the end of the season and the club President called him an out of control womaniser. This is my favourite Lafferty character story.
    He has done well for himself financially. He is either not as daft as folk think he is or has a good agent.
    Assets - 6'4" tall and strong, experience in quality leagues, not aware of any injury issues
    Weaknesses - think he is all about the money, from career stats seems to graft to establish himself then switch off.
    Conclusion - Would do well for us and his onfield behaviour would not be a problem. Would play the Holt role.
    Think he will go to Hearts and be Concalves grafter.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    The phrase 'bald men fighting over a comb' comes to mind when reading this thread.

The new season can't start soon enough so the forum can go back to moaning about things that have actually happened rather than moaning about things that haven't.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee Hibee View Post
    I watched Ciftci at his strutting best for Dundee United, what a player he can be, strong as an ox, skillful with a fantastic shot and decent in the air.
    The above from Dundee Hibee is the potential this guy has and for that reason I would be delighted if Celtic give him the money to disappear and we take him on a 2 year contract.
    The downsides - a complex character with a history of onfield indiscipline who hasn't played much football in the last 2 years.
    Upside - only 25 and was the business in our league only 2 years ago for a team of similar ability to our own. For a variety of reasons I don't think he stood a chance at Celtic. I think we could get him comfortable again and back on track.
    If Celtic sort his contract out (2years to run) we should SIGN!

I think Cifti would be a good fit for Hibs.
    We have always taken to skilful players, even when they are largely ineffective.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=CMurdoch;5082460]The above from Dundee Hibee is the potential this guy has and for that reason I would be delighted if Celtic give him the money to disappear and we take him on a 2 year contract.
    The downsides - a complex character with a history of onfield indiscipline who hasn't played much football in the last 2 years.
    Upside - only 25 and was the business in our league only 2 years ago for a team of similar ability to our own. For a variety of reasons I don't think he stood a chance at Celtic. I think we could get him comfortable again and back on track.
    If Celtic sort his contract out (2years to run) we should SIGN![/QUOTE]

He's highly unpopular with the Celtic support and if Rodgers wants to move him on, I don't see them being too demanding on his contract and fee. One or two suggesting he might just sit it out till 2019 picking up his tidy wage. A loan might be a compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    The phrase 'bald men fighting over a comb' comes to mind when reading this thread.

The new season can't start soon enough so the forum can go back to moaning about things that have actually happened rather than moaning about things that haven't.
    We, the moaners, are entitled to our pre-season. We want our moaning to be in the best condition possible at the start of the season. Can't afford to be rusty for the Partick game.

Actually, I don't know enough about either player to comment on their merits and who might be a better proposition for Hibs.

However, it may be that neither will play in a Hibs jersey this coming season.

I certainly am not fretting about our personnel lineup at this time, but I must confess that I am impatient for some 'exciting' news and the season to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    This is where I'm at, too.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'd prefer Ciftci if he could recapture his Dundee Utd form, just because i think he's what we are looking for more than Laugherty.

Also with him being 25, i think he could have a better chance of doing so than a 30 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    My tuppence worth:
    Lafferty - Re the character stuff, the feigning injury against Aberdeen incident occurred when he was 21. He is almost 30 now so i would discard it.
    Since he left Rangers he only seems to last a season in the team before being sold or sent out on loan. Did well at Palermo scoring goals and helping them to get promoted to Seria A but was moved on at the end of the season and the club President called him an out of control womaniser. This is my favourite Lafferty character story.
    He has done well for himself financially. He is either not as daft as folk think he is or has a good agent.
    Assets - 6'4" tall and strong, experience in quality leagues, not aware of any injury issues
    Weaknesses - think he is all about the money, from career stats seems to graft to establish himself then switch off.
    Conclusion - Would do well for us and his onfield behaviour would not be a problem. Would play the Holt role.
    Think he will go to Hearts and be Concalves grafter.
    Don't get this comparison between Lafferty and Holt. They are not similar types of players. Your not the first that has stated this though. For all Lafferty's physical attributes, he doesn't really fit into the big target man bracket - which is exactly what Grant Holt was and will likely be a type of player NL will be looking to bring in.