hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd prefer Ciftci if he could recapture his Dundee Utd form, just because i think he's what we are looking for more than Laugherty.

Also with him being 25, i think he could have a better chance of doing so than a 30 year old.
    A sensible explanation at least!

2. Log in to remove the advert

[QUOTE=Jim44;5082468]
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    The above from Dundee Hibee is the potential this guy has and for that reason I would be delighted if Celtic give him the money to disappear and we take him on a 2 year contract.
    The downsides - a complex character with a history of onfield indiscipline who hasn't played much football in the last 2 years.
    Upside - only 25 and was the business in our league only 2 years ago for a team of similar ability to our own. For a variety of reasons I don't think he stood a chance at Celtic. I think we could get him comfortable again and back on track.
    If Celtic sort his contract out (2years to run) we should SIGN![/QUOTE]

He's highly unpopular with the Celtic support and if Rodgers wants to move him on, I don't see them being too demanding on his contract and fee. One or two suggesting he might just sit it out till 2019 picking up his tidy wage. A loan might be a compromise.
    Celtic would be easy to deal with. They just want him gone.
    The longer he stays there rotting the worse it is for both parties.
    I wouldn't mind a loan but would prefer if we got him on a permanent deal because I think we would get him back on song in which case we might lose him at the end of the loan.
    At the moment his stock is low and Celtic just want him away. Worth the risk.

He signed a 4yr deal, still got 2yrs to go. He will be on good money, probably won't want to give it up. Might get him on loan, paying a % of his wages.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    We won't be in for Cifti, Lennon is only after players aged 32+, I read it on the Pennant thread so it must be true.

@hibs.net private member
    Let's not get too positive on Ciftci and negative on Lafferty in case we end up signing Lafferty and the yams take Ciftci

I think they would both be decent signings for either team. Both players probably just need to get some regular football under their belt.

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Not saying I agree with him but personality is a crucial aspect of being a good/desirable footballer
    Some of the best footballers record-wise have been a right collection of horrible ****s on the pitch.

Being someone you'd introduce to your in-laws is not in any way crucial to being a good, and thus desirable, footballer.

I don't want Lafferty cos I think he's pony. Would take Ciftci though, but he's not exactly an Oxfam volunteer himself based on his disciplinary record

[QUOTE=CMurdoch;5082576]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post

Celtic would be easy to deal with. They just want him gone.
    The longer he stays there rotting the worse it is for both parties.
    I wouldn't mind a loan but would prefer if we got him on a permanent deal because I think we would get him back on song in which case we might lose him at the end of the loan.
    At the moment his stock is low and Celtic just want him away. Worth the risk.
    You'd never go broke overestimating the number of players willing to rot for a few grand a week.

He isn't that good IMO but trust Lennon if he was to bring him in.

I've been a fan of Ciftci since his United days. That's based on what I seen from his play, not stats or his tosserability compared to anyone else.

I met him in Edinburgh once and he seemed to be a fan of the city. He's also very friendly with Farid EA (who hopefully is still a big fan of us and advises him to do the right thing )

If we're even interested of course... which I hope we are.

It's a big YES please from me.