hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Milne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kenny being a Hibby and the son of a good friend, Brian, my respect lies with him and not the paper he writes for.
    I agree Bill, ( I've had some correspondence with Kenny & he seems a fine guy ) I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of posters on here calling DR readers idiots but rushing to repeat Twitter feeds from a Sun journalist. Presumably if a Hibs supporting DR columnist was tweeting informed comments about Hibs then the DR would suddenly become acceptable. FWIW I took the time to write a complaint to the DR after their cup final coverage & stating I would no longer buy their newspaper. I doubt many on here took that action & for me that's more effective than coming on here with sanctimonious & patronising comments on tens of thousands ( 3 million total audience ) of people who exercise their choice ( not mine ) to buy the DR.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Great statement from Linfield FC tearing up what little credibility the Daily Record had remaining to shreds.

http://www.linfieldfc.com/latestnews...medium=twitter

Brilliant reply from Linfield FC. 👏👏👏👏

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Would have been nice if Hibs had called them out on the all 11 players were attacked headline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that falls into the wrestling-with-a-pig category: you both end up covered in **** but the pig loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Going by that analogy we should all boycott the BBC after several of their former stars were convicted of being sex offenders. Using your way of thinking ALL BBC employees should be regarded as sex offenders - which goes to show how stupid your comment actually is.
    I prefer to judge people on an individual basis rather than use such wild generalisations.
    On that basis I'd suggest Kenny Millar appears to be a good journalist who has excellent sources in regards to our club.
    Whereas Joe Miller is apparently a lying little scrote.

The Sun is a dispacable pile of **** that blatantly lies to sell a paper. Using lies and slander to bring down political parties that threaten it's owners wealth and the end result is always terrible for the working class. The disgusting immoral reporting of Hillsbourgh should stop anyone reading or sharing the Suns bile never mind trying to defend it.

I'm unsure how bringing up the BBC's shady past makes The Sun okay to read.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I fail to see the difference. If the Sun is charged with lying, distorting and exaggerating etc. KM has to be tarred with the same brush. Fly with the crows ....... and all that. The fact he has some tenuous link with Hibs doesn't set him apart from his employers.
    Exactly

Linfied growing on me slightly after that. It's about time the DR was shut down imo.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Must be the first time Linfield has ever had the moral high ground on anything, it's like pitting Fred West against Dr Shipman

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Daily Record has a clear agenda to stoke up trouble ahead of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wait until we are due to visit Ibrox in a few weeks time and see what they and the BEEB conjure up then.

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    Wait until we are due to visit Ibrox in a few weeks time and see what they and the BEEB conjure up then.
    Exclusive! Hibs top boys stole Saddams WMDs in the late 90s.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    So the Daily Record, Sun and Daily Mail are all to be avoided if we go by the opinions of some posters on here.

Might as well throw the BBC and Sky into the mix too eh.

So instead, I've to believe the ramblings of some random internet posters on here yeah?

Just because it's in the papers doesn't mean it's not true.

I wonder, where do you guys all get your news from that's so accurate? I feel like I'm missing out.

Or is it just paranoid pish that you're all spouting?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    So the Daily Record, Sun and Daily Mail are all to be avoided if we go by the opinions of some posters on here.

So instead, I've to believe the ramblings of some random internet posters on here yeah?

I wonder, where do you guys all get your news from that's so accurate? I feel like I'm missing out.

It's the mainstream media, they all have an agenda of some sort

Apparently Joe Miller told the DR writer that he was too tired to do an interview...

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Why is it "paranoid pish" to refuse to get your news from media outlets that you don't believe to be right?

Does the Record mention the score from the game?

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    They've misinterpreted the red dots part though. They were just talking about laser pointers which were obviously intended to mimic the red dot from a scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaststandee View Post
    Why is it "paranoid pish" to refuse to get your news from media outlets that you don't believe to be right?

It's not. And it's your choice. But people telling others not to use them is wrong. Let people make their own minds up

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    They've misinterpreted the red dots part though. They were just talking about laser pointers which were obviously intended to mimic the red dot from a scope.
    You'll need to read Linfield's response to get the story.

Left by mutual consent!
    Picture of Joe Miller playing in that game against Linfield -

Hun Linfield.jpg

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Apparently Joe Miller told the DR writer that he was too tired to do an interview...

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    What a fanny Joe Miller is. Nothing surprises me that the article was in the Daily Record. Total gutter press.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Brilliant response from Linfield. Let's hope all other mistruths printed in the press or stated on tv are exposed for what they are. TBH, these days I view everything in the media as being a lie - until proved true by other sources.

They've held zero credibility with me since all their Y-fronts burst into flames during Indyref1.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    I always have a quiet chuckle at anyone I see reading the Daily Record.

Imagine paying money to buy something that repeatedly insults your intelligence. Have some self respect.

And as for anyone who says "Agh red it in ra record".

FFS.
    If you read the Record then your intelligence cannot be insulted.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    It's not. And it's your choice. But people telling others not to use them is wrong. Let people make their own minds up
    Opinions are part of life and like you say, it's about choice. That's what people making their minds up is all about, Thankfully we are allowed to express views in this country and fortunately you are free to buy the Sun, Mail , Record and subscribe to Sky/Bt Spurt. I think they are crap, but I'm sure you'll not lose sleep over it?

As for the story in the Record, how stupid are they? Did the sports editor not check the game took place or do they just hope no one will notice. This is a fixture with potential to create trouble. Looks like the Record want to fuel that nonsense....not clever.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfuddyhibby View Post
    Opinions are part of life and like you say, it's about choice. That's what people making their minds up is all about, Thankfully we are allowed to express views in this country and fortunately you are free to buy the Sun, Mail , Record and subscribe to Sky/Bt Spurt. I think they are crap, but I'm sure you'll not lose sleep over it?

As for the story in the Record, how stupid are they? Did the sports editor not check the game took place or do they just hope no one will notice. This is a fixture with potential to create trouble. Looks like the Record want to fuel that nonsense....not clever.
    Just waiting for the standard weasel apology appearing at the foot of an inside page in micro font in an attempt to wriggle themselves out of a possible lawsuit.

If this tie happens there will be enough crap surrounding it without making up crap to make matters even worse ........... As somebody else alluded to, I wonder what nonsense they will come up with to ramp up our trip to Ibrox to 11.

Typical of the DR and a lot of other papers ..... they will work hard to add fuel to the flames and then express surprise and revulsion when the situation they help create turns nasty, blaming everybody apart from themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfuddyhibby View Post

I think they are crap in general too but sometimes they have something which may be relevant that I might read. Then I can decide for myself whether it was tosh or not.

Spot on with this one though. Looks like just trying to start the troublemaking early

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Beggars belief.
    Very clever..

The only thing you believe in that paper is the date and the price. I know it seems far fetched but I wonder if they even spoke to Joe Miller.
    Last edited by Is It On....; 27-06-2017 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I fail to see the difference. If the Sun is charged with lying, distorting and exaggerating etc. KM has to be tarred with the same brush. Fly with the crows ....... and all that. The fact he has some tenuous link with Hibs doesn't set him apart from his employers.
    Should we all be held accountable for the actions of our employers then? If I work for a coffee chain that doesn't pay its taxes does that make me an immoral person? If I work for Kensington and Chelsea council am I to blame for the incompetence of those higher up than myself?

I'm sure KM disagrees with the way Hillsborough amongst others was covered. I'm confident that a lot of people currently employed by that paper do as well. However he is doing his job that he is paid to do within the organisation. FWIW I detest the Sun but what does set KM apart is that he is usually spot on with regards to Hibs-related content.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Quick check online, they played Shelbourne and Dundalk pre-season not for 1995/96 but 1996/97 season...
    Maybe Joe Miller got confused with which team he played against.

I doubt he just made the whole story up for giggles.