hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: TV games

First Team Breakthrough

TV games

Anybody know when the first TV games are announced? Assuming the rangers away game will be moved for telly. Hoping against hope that the Hamilton game will be moved as at a wedding, but can't see it!!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    Quote Originally Posted by steelendhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody know when the first TV games are announced? Assuming the rangers away game will be moved for telly. Hoping against hope that the Hamilton game will be moved as at a wedding, but can't see it!!!!
    Last season there was nearly a 2 week wait between the fixture announcement & the TV games being announced. I'm not sure if they'll show the Rangers game on TV as they don't usually show Celtic or Rangers home games in the top league unless it's against each other or coming towards the end of the season.

I hope they don't move it as I am away down to Manchester on the Sunday so would have to miss the game if they show it that day.

Will happily take a Friday night though if it is to be shown on telly

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Hopefully sooner rather than later. I'm in Leeds on the Friday before we play Dundee and want to get the train back up booked sooner rather than later but want to make sure it's definitely getting played the Saturday first. Doubt it'll be moved but you never know
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Hopefully sooner rather than later. I'm in Leeds on the Friday before we play Dundee and want to get the train back up booked sooner rather than later but want to make sure it's definitely getting played the Saturday first. Doubt it'll be moved but you never know
    I've gambled and booked early for that one, hopefully it's not moved!
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    30th of June my mate who works for Sky recons.

Will Sky not be showing Celtic v Hearts on the Sat (early kickoff) and then also Well v Rangers on the Sunday.
    That leaves a Friday night slot to BT as Sky kickoff their Skybet Championship that night, Sunderland v Derby I think?
    So what game would BT cover? Quite possibly the Aberdeen match but if not then the curtain raiser could well be 'flag day' at Easter Road and our game with Thistle.
    Last edited by Renfrew_Hibby; 26-06-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Genuinely don't think there is any chance of our game at Ibrox being moved to be on the telly.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Genuinely don't think there is any chance of our game at Ibrox being moved to be on the telly.
    Rangers's first home game of the season, i'd say there is every chance it could be moved for TV.

I think its more likely than not that the Rangers game will be on Telly. 12/12.30 on either the Saturday or Sunday.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    What's the rules on how many games can be shown for the home team? I seem to recall it used to be 4 (but that might have been when we had just one channel) it used to be the case that the old firms were shown and the other 2 at park head and ibrox were used nearer the end of the season for games that had any significance.....at least that's how i remember it

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Rangers's first home game of the season, i'd say there is every chance it could be moved for TV.
    Hope you're right but I've always found TV games are disproportionately old firm away matches so I'd say the ER fixture is more likely.