hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mcginn swap?

Mcginn swap?

If its to be believed, St Mirren would be due 33% of any sell on fee? Do you think Hibs could just swap him? No fee just a straight swap? eg Henderson and Mckay-Steven? I dont know if this kind of thing is possible...or if St Mirren get Hendo's right leg as their 33% 😉

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Leigh Griffiths straight swap I'd take

I'm sure there would still be a monetary value to the deal.

Anyway, as someone said before let's not be like other teams who cheat. We made a deal and should stick to it and give St Mirren their share!!

Don't know what % St Mirren due but they will most certainly be entitled to that share of whatever value is put on any players involved in the swap. The point is that we did a deal and he was their player. We need to do the right thing!

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know what % St Mirren due but they will most certainly be entitled to that share of whatever value is put on any players involved in the swap. The point is that we did a deal and he was their player. We need to do the right thing!
    I think liam henderson is worth about 99p.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post

we don't know that either

p.s. i agree with the above valuation of 99p for liam henderson...i'l pass on the 33p to st.mirren myself ;)

Testimonial Due
    Presume that contract attorneys would have long since closed such loop holes, or they are incompetent. We've still got McGinn, Super John Mcginn...

I really hope we dont sell or swap him! In great position to play hardball though. Remember when Allan or even when Fletch asked to go? Was done mainly on Hibs terms. Im not saying Mcginn has asked to go or anything. I really hope he stays and gives us a cracking season!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingwaitor View Post
    If its to be believed, St Mirren would be due 33% of any sell on fee? Do you think Hibs could just swap him? No fee just a straight swap? eg Henderson and Mckay-Steven? I dont know if this kind of thing is possible...or if St Mirren get Hendo's right leg as their 33% 😉

Why would we as a club lower ourselves to standards only teams like Rangers go, we entered into an agreement with St Mirren so we didn't have to pay a large fee, lets stick by that contract and pay them whatever percentage we sell him for and keep it Hibs class.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Why would we as a club lower ourselves to standards only teams like Rangers go, we entered into an agreement with St Mirren so we didn't have to pay a large fee, lets stick by that contract and pay them whatever percentage we sell him for and keep it Hibs class.
    Im just asking if its possible? Im not saying we should. Id rather we kept him!

Celtic don't appear to want him though so it's a moot point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Celtic don't appear to want him though so it's a moot point.

Hendo/Mckay-Steven was just an example. I hope they dont want him. We've got Mcginn...

Celtic don't want SJM. Ive no idea why people keep going on about it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I keep asking myself exactly the same question. People try and compare him to Scott Brown and automatically think Celtic will be interested which they aren't, he's not on Brendan Rodgers radar just now and I doubt he will be soon as they are looking for much better than SJM for the champions league.

Blog Entries
    I don't recollect Rodgers ever saying Celtic don't want McGinn. I've never told anyone that I don't want a Porsche but if the opportunity to have one crossed my path, I suspect I would have it.

I used it as an example. Celtic would be daft not to want him! I hope they're daft!

I used it as an example. Celtic would be daft not to want him! I hope they're daft!

I think we all need to take the tinted specs off. He's potentially a good just off top level footballer. But would not in anyway improve Celtic. If we can get £2m or more from a Championship team i reckon we'd be ripping hands off. BUT Celtic have no need for him and have never at any point inquired about him.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...n-Christie/amp

Coaching Staff
    They are definitely interested underscore - as I posted yesterday, classic Lawwell will be to wait until they see the transfer landscape and then bid, knowing Hibs would happily take 2 or 3 fringe Celtic players as part of the process.

Fulham are keen on SJM too apparently as they may lose McDonald.

I think a lot of our business will hinge on lots of factors, including pay offs, etc. I also think (sadly) we will lose SJM and that this has been factored into the transfer business thinking along the way.

Still very hopeful we will have a fantastic squad going into the season though - very early days in the window and I think there'll be a few nice surprises

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    ........told ya

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Scott Burns is usually quite good with transfer stories. I'd be raging if we sold McGinn to them and only accepted getting Hendo on loan plus cash. I'd want two players on a permanent basis and at least £1m.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Scott Burns is usually quite good with transfer stories. I'd be raging if we sold McGinn to them and only accepted getting Hendo on loan plus cash. I'd want two players on a permanent basis and at least £1m.
    Lots of negotiations to be had bud however my gut feeling is we will have 2 Celtic players permanently and maybe (big maybe) SJM on loan for a season (after they buy him). Deal of the season if we manage to work that though.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Lots of negotiations to be had bud however my gut feeling is we will have 2 Celtic players permanently and maybe (big maybe) SJM on loan for a season (after they buy him). Deal of the season if we manage to work that though.
    Is Ciftci still at Celtic? One we may possibly look at?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post
    Is Ciftci still at Celtic? One we may possibly look at?
    Good player but I've a feeling NL wants width hence GMS would be an obvious target. Hendo would really galvanise the support given the two-way 'love in' and shift more season tickets - great player too

I'll go with GMS, Henderson and maybe getting Rodgers to agree SJM having a season back in the top flight with Hibs......downside being we won't have him for games v them. That's my ideal scenario anyway

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I don't recollect Rodgers ever saying Celtic don't want McGinn. I've never told anyone that I don't want a Porsche but if the opportunity to have one crossed my path, I suspect I would have it.
    To put that analogy into context,Celtic can easily afford to go and buy a Porsche so why would they bother with a Ford Focus.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    But if you had to pay for the Porsche, and already had a garage full of Bentleys, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and better Porsches, would you still want it?

Left by mutual consent!
    Not sure if Celtic would include Henderson in a loan,as im sure hes only got a year left.
    They will be more interested in punting him so they get some kind of return.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is what Swansea did with Michel Vorm's move to Spurs.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...attle-11398740

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Interesting Celtic want him to future proof their midfield but don't really need him right now, however would not want to lose him to an English club and end up having to go to them in a years time and being priced out!?
    I sense a deal involving loaning back SJM, Hendo on a permenant plus a bit of cash

They are definitely interested underscore - as I posted yesterday, classic Lawwell will be to wait until they see the transfer landscape and then bid, knowing Hibs would happily take 2 or 3 fringe Celtic players as part of the process.

Fulham are keen on SJM too apparently as they may lose McDonald.

I think a lot of our business will hinge on lots of factors, including pay offs, etc. I also think (sadly) we will lose SJM and that this has been factored into the transfer business thinking along the way.

Still very hopeful we will have a fantastic squad going into the season though - very early days in the window and I think there'll be a few nice surprises
    Fulham and Sheff Wed will both get involved, I also wouldn't be surprised if Forest came in for him too. Celtic wont....no matter what that article says. He is not in Celtics plans. They are looking to get into next level Champs League now not picking up cheaper option scottish players.