hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    £1m is an insult. He's worth at least 3 times that but we should be holding out for 5.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Mailsport understands, the Sunday version of the Record understands

Mon Dieu understands that the Viz has put in a £3 bid for the Sunday Mail

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Think about it carefully John. You'll be lucky to get a kick in a Mick McCarthy team and stand a good chance of getting a cricked neck. Can understand a move down South but Ipswich? Money can be the only motivation.

Any fee for SJM will be less then £2 million.

I understand that journalists only say they understand when they don't have a scooby.

He's worth more than £1 million I would agree but anyone who thinks we'll reject bids of around £2-2.5 million for him are dreaming.

There's no danger he'll go for anything like £5 million.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Sunday Mail making up stories again no doubt. Like the Daily Ranger, a rancid exuse for a newspaper. Like someone posted previously though this is just the start. Before we know it John's head will be filled with £ signs and he'll want to leave. The Scottish press are truly contemptuous.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    If it's true(and that debatable given the source) then it's the beginning of the end. £1m is a joke, but he'll go when someone puts in a bid that's more realistic. Whatever happens Lennon must get every penny from players leaving to invest in the team. Feeling pretty despondent right now, but it's early days and if we buy well it could work out to be a good thing, just like when Allan left.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Sunday Mail making up stories again no doubt. Like the Daily Ranger, a rancid exuse for a newspaper. Like someone posted previously though this is just the start. Before we know it John's head will be filled with £ signs and he'll want to leave. The Scottish press are truly contemptuous.
    Just a shame we don't have the means to pay players 5/6k pw as that would mean not so easy for these middle of the road clubs to just think they can take.

Left by mutual consent!
    Just the Daily Rectum re-starting it's 'Unsettle Hibs' campaign - they haven't bothered with us for the last 2 seasons as we were in a different league from their team.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    If it's true(and that debatable given the source) then it's the beginning of the end. £1m is a joke, but he'll go when someone puts in a bid that's more realistic. Whatever happens Lennon must get every penny from players leaving to invest in the team. Feeling pretty despondent right now, but it's early days and if we buy well it could work out to be a good thing, just like when Allan left.
    Maybe invest money in keeping our better players here if SJM leaves. Just a pisser we do not get decent tv money or all would be so very different.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    If you want folk to get serious mate start with Ipswich ........... If its true one million is a joke, John McGinn is worth three million, they know it and sure as hell we know it. In the market they operate in an offer of one million for a player of that quality and potential is an insult ... end of story.
    It's only the start of negotiations so obviously they aren't going to come straight in with the offer we want, if any1 thinks they would then again, folk need to be serious. We won't get £4/5m for him, with only 2 years left I think we would accept anything over £2m for him and that's a reasonable price imo.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    I'd like to think John would want to do better than Ipswich but I can understand it's difficult to turn down the money they will likely be offering. I think he'll be away before the start of the season.

We need to pull a few rabbits out of hats in the next few weeks if he does end up leaving..that's for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    And if it's not true (given the source)?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    It's only the start of negotiations so obviously they aren't going to come straight in with the offer we want, if any1 thinks they would then again, folk need to be serious. We won't get £4/5m for him, with only 2 years left I think we would accept anything over £2m for him and that's a reasonable price imo.
    With only 2 years left? If you'd said 1 year it would make sense. He'll be a very important part of our team this season. We'll get whatever money we want or he will stay with us because he has 2 years left on his contract.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    With only 2 years left? If you'd said 1 year it would make sense. He'll be a very important part of our team this season. We'll get whatever money we want or he will stay with us because he has 2 years left on his contract.
    Look back to when Allan only had a year left on his deal, how much were we being offered then?? Another year on a contract isn't that long so I can't see us being offered the ridiculous money people are suggesting here. Also folk saying there gutted about him possibly moving on, what were they expecting?? He's been probably our best player and broke into the international team so he's obviously going to have teams interested and with only 2 years left it makes sense for the club to listen to offers now to maximise revenue from SJM. If the clubs circumstances were different then I would hope the club would not sell at all as he is quality and will be really hard to replace but they aren't and Hibs are a selling club so this was always going to happen. Surprised that so many didn't see this coming if I'm honest

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    And if it's not true (given the source)?
    Everyone's a winner

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Look back to when Allan only had a year left on his deal, how much were we being offered then?? Another year on a contract isn't that long so I can't see us being offered the ridiculous money people are suggesting here. Also folk saying there gutted about him possibly moving on, what were they expecting?? He's been probably our best player and broke into the international team so he's obviously going to have teams interested and with only 2 years left it makes sense for the club to listen to offers now to maximise revenue from SJM. If the clubs circumstances were different then I would hope the club would not sell at all as he is quality and will be really hard to replace but they aren't and Hibs are a selling club so this was always going to happen. Surprised that so many didn't see this coming if I'm honest
    Why can't folk be gutted just because its inevitable he will move? Im gutted JC left but knew he would. Its an opinion and I think 2m is ridiculous money and 5m is correct for an International with several winners medals already.

Cummings signed a new deal with us until 2020 last season why didn't we just keep him and not sell?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Why can't folk be gutted just because its inevitable he will move? Im gutted JC left but knew he would. Its an opinion and I think 2m is ridiculous money and 5m is correct for an International with several winners medals already.
    Fair doo's, fwiw, the offer we accept will be way closer to mine than urs

Left by mutual consent!
    Fair doo's, fwiw, the offer will be way closer to mine than urs
    Im sure it will but it for me is not a fair reflection on the players ability as of now and his very likely improvements.

I think most people expected made up stories regarding transfers. Has that ever not happened? He is quality, probably our best player and already plays international football. We'll get what we want or he will stay with us. Fortunately, Hibs are not desperate for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Cummings signed a new deal with us until 2020 last season why didn't we just keep him and not sell?
    Maybe our manager wants to bring in someone better. Maybe there was something in his contract. There could be lots of reasons. You just have to think about it.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post

Mail Sport understood that RB Leipzig were going to bid £6m for Barrie McKay.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think most people expected made up stories regarding transfers. Has that ever not happened? He is quality, probably our best player and already plays international football. We'll get what we want or he will stay with us. Fortunately, Hibs are not desperate for money.
    I would agree but if SJM wants to go we will sell him. If a club want him he will find out what he will be paid and the usual will occur.

Its a pity we cannot improve his contract maybe using the JC money as that may cause disharmony.

I don't think anybody is surprised that we have ( allegedly ) had a bid for McGinn, it doesn't mean to say they haven't got a right to be 'gutted' about it ...... In football two years left on a contract is far from a short period of time .... yes it is daft to think we could get 5 million for him, but IMO 3 million isn't an unreasonable demand for a guy with 2 years left on his contract who has been capped by Scotland and already has a Scottish cup winners medal, a League cup winners medal, a Championship winners medal and a League cup runners up medal ... all without ever having kicked a ball for either of the Ugly Sisters and he's still only 22.

I mean, if we cant demand a fee for a player with that pedigree that wouldn't raise an eyebrow if it was being paid for some guy going from Blackpool to Wolves for example, then we are total mugs ..... Time to prove we're not.

Ipswich averaged 17,000 supporters last season so not a smaller team than Hibs.
    Saying that we should have a similar figure this season.

Think we should hold John until the Christmas window and let him go at that time for £2.5 million.
    To keep him until next summer is a big gamble given he will have less than 12 months to go on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Think we had a gentleman's agreement with him.
    He signed a new improved contract last summer and in return agreed to stay for another season to get us promoted.
    In exchange we agreed to let him go this summer if someone offered a million quid.
    Not ITK but suspect the above is close to how it went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I would agree but if SJM wants to go we will sell him. If a club want him he will find out what he will be paid and the usual will occur.

Its a pity we cannot improve his contract maybe using the JC money as that may cause disharmony.
    His head might be turned by hearing how much he could be paid elsewhere. Hibs' head could be turned by a substantial offer. In the meantime, people on football forums talking down his value is unlikely to be helpful to anyone.

Scary thought starting the season without Cummings or Mcginn...

Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    Scary thought starting the season without Cummings or Mcginn...
    Yeah, makes us fans feel the team is vulnerable.
    However, for a change I'm confident the Hibs management and executive have things under control.