hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Almost correct.

Gordon's goal was at Dunbar end. Pens were at Dunbar end. Bremner played keepie uppie at Shed end.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanforlife View Post
    Definitely Alan Gordon in my memory bank ��
    According to this report I stand corrected, again. Call myself a Hibby

http://www.mightyleeds.co.uk/matches/19731107.htm

GGTTH��
    Last edited by Leithenhibby; 29-06-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Yip if we had scored we would have won on away goals, so close.
    Just so typical of Hibs and even Scotland. A litany of "what might have been IF..." moments in history.

Looking back at our European record from 56 - 79, we really could've won one or two European trophies with a bit of luck. Absolutely zero chance of being in that situation again too.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    Almost correct.

Gordon's goal was at Dunbar end. Pens were at Dunbar end. Bremner played keepie uppie at Shed end.
    Are you sure? I could have sworn Alan Gordon's goal was in front of the shed. Anyone else remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    Are you sure? I could have sworn Alan Gordon's goal was in front of the shed. Anyone else remember?
    Think you are correct, and Bremner played keepy uppy on the line at the Dunbar end for sure.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    As others have said, it was indeed pissing down that night.

I stood on the east terracing with my auld man and remember some Liverpool guy further down took out an umbrella and opened it up. It kept him dry for about 3 seconds as everyone behind him went nuts and informed him that he'd need an anaesthetic and the assistance of an arse surgeon to retrieve his umbrella if he didn't put it down.

He saw the error of his ways and swiftly folded it up again..........

I also remember Keegan getting the ball full in the dish, from John Brownlie. It was right on the touchline and Keegan got little sympathy from the crowd. :)

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Brilliant memories of the two games on here. What is tragic is that we only have the Hibs goal at ER for posterity. There are some photos of the Leeds game online too. The east looks rammed, official attendance taking some liberties methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Think you are correct, and Bremner played keepy uppy on the line at the Dunbar end for sure.
    This is correct. He also had a couple of cool moments at the shed end. Blackley was flying in to turn the ball into the net and Bremner drew the ball back a couple of feet along the goal line and left Sloop on his erchie

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Just so typical of Hibs and even Scotland. A litany of "what might have been IF..." moments in history.

Looking back at our European record from 56 - 79, we really could've won one or two European trophies with a bit of luck. Absolutely zero chance of being in that situation again too.
    Maybes aye, maybes naw.

I bet the ever loyal (genuine, from the past) Man City fans believed that too as they hopelessly descended to where they were, Maine Road a den of what once was.

....never underestimate the stupidity of people with money to burn. All we need is the right radge with millions and we're back. Now, I agree, its highly, highly, highly, highly, highly unlikely. But NOT, zero chance.

...we just check the history of said radge, 5 year history and 5 year plans and don't trust anyone with any plans to build hotels, entice back the 400,000 lost fans or any talk about other radgery that stevie wonder could see was a one way road to administration and charity theft...

Things get fixed in your mind don't they.Gordon's "goal" was at Dunbar end not downhill.As another example and wandering off thread for many years I used to talk about how Willie Wilson lost us the semi against Dunfermline by failing to come for two crosses at the Tynecastle school end leaving free headers and us going out 2-0. A couple of years ago I saw film of the game and in fact one of the goals was a shot at the Georgie Road end.Oh hum.

Quote Originally Posted by Leithenhibby View Post
    According to this report I stand corrected, again. Call myself a Hibby

http://www.mightyleeds.co.uk/matches/19731107.htm

GGTTH��
    Think what that report referes to regarding Bremners performance and of line clearance is what I was recalling in my first post on this game 😁

Blog Entries
    It's a bit of an urban myth that Billy Bremner played keepy uppy on the line. He stopped a scrambled shot with his thigh then volleyed it away. At the shed end however he stopped the ball on the line & with several Hibs players advancing on him he rolled it back under his foot & along the line to Frankie Gray. I spent an hour in the Dean Hotel with Billy after Gordon Hunter's testimonial dinner. So in this case - source - Billy Bremner!