hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    This will be a poisonous atmostphere. Ibrox is a vile, very hostile ground at the best of times but they are baying for blood after last May and just to add even more fuel to the fire, our manager is now Neil Lennon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'm looking forward to the hundreds of arrests and media outrage following the inevitable barrage of abuse aimed at Neil Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tune?
    Think the original tune is called 'Sing Hosanna'

The Sevconians don't like it up 'em!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    This will be a poisonous atmostphere. Ibrox is a vile, very hostile ground at the best of times but they are baying for blood after last May and just to add even more fuel to the fire, our manager is now Neil Lennon.

Not to be missed then, will hopefully be at the game, is goading an offence

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Not to be missed then, will hopefully be at the game, is goading an offence
    It definitely will be that day!

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Yup, numerous reports of missiles being thrown. Was that the game our players were having stuff chucked at them when taking corners?
    I was at the previous 2-0 game . Coins were raining down all game . Horrible, horrible lot .
    Marathon bet should supply all attending green hard hats with their logo and the 3-2 cup final score .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

I don't think its too bad at Ibrox these days compared to the past. The atmosphere is horrendous, but the level of danger is not as bad as a lot on here seem to think. I also think that the Hibs fans that do go will be up for it anyway, so it will be mostly young men and slightly older guys. With us winning the huns will mostly gone by the time we get out. Coins, pies and bovril is the main issue.

If we lose, we lose (which we won't). There the ones getting all hyped up about next season, all the pressures on them

Hopefully this gets moved for the tv.

BT still showing games on a Friday night? 😈

Quote Originally Posted by shetlandhibee View Post
    If we lose, we lose (which we won't). There the ones getting all hyped up about next season, all the pressures on them
    They have nearly signed a complete new team Traditionally they don't start well in the League So if we get in the players we want particularly up front and our team gets all our pre season games and league cup section under their belt then we should be looking for dome sort of result
    But how they gell under new Manager will be a factor and how we handle hostile reception away from home will be a test for our new players
    But it will be indicator of our aspiration to be in top four

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=
    Marathon bet should supply all attending green hard hats with their logo and the 3-2 cup final score .[/QUOTE]

Ha ha - great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    I was at the previous 2-0 game . Coins were raining down all game . Horrible, horrible lot .
    Marathon bet should supply all attending green hard hats with their logo and the 3-2 cup final score .

That is a Great idea.. but they wouldnt let you with them... would they ???

Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    That is a Great idea.. but they wouldnt let you with them... would they ???
    apparantly not coz the cops think that safety helmets threaten ... eh... safety!!

... but even those plastic party ones would make a point!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    apparantly not coz the cops think that safety helmets threaten ... eh... safety!!

... but even those plastic party ones would make a point!
    You can get green plastic bowler hats for £2... now that would really confuse the sevconians!

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Tune?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    You're no singing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Think the original tune is called 'Sing Hosanna'

The Sevconians don't like it up 'em!

It's the chorus to the hymn "Give Me Joy In My Heart (Sing Hosanna)"

Amazing how many football chants are based on hymns.

This particular one is a belter and if words could be found for the verse then it would be awesome. First stab:

Give me joy in my heart, super Hi-bees
    Give me joy in my heart Stokesie.
    Give me joy in my heart from a corner
    Hendo sticks it on the head of Gray

(all together now)

You surrendered,
    You surrendered,
    You surrendered.
    To the Hibs in May!!

There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

The very sight of us in away end is enough for them. We should just stand and do the conga for 45 a break then 45 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Maybe I'm making this up but I thought Huntic had an agreement that the only home games shown from Greyskull and Darkheid were the games between them because they lose too much income when matches are moved.
    Look at the televised fixtures and they are invariably Rangers and Celtic away matches. There a limit on how many matches can be televised at each stadium. Most of the Ibrox/Parkhead matches are taken up by OF derbies. Rigged to minimise disruption and maximise income for the uglies.

Obviously it was different when Hibs and Rangers were in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    Hopefully this gets moved for the tv.

BT still showing games on a Friday night? 😈
    Unfortunately not much chance of this, once again televised games are set out for minimum disruption to both Glasgow sides, making sure their support isn't affected with the game being on tv, but basically for the rest of us, who cares. The only home games televised by them is when they play each other.
    They may do this down South to some extent, but at least they are well compensated to the tune of millions,but hey, this is why we're the laughing stock of the football world, because our folk in charge totally agree with what goes on.
    What gets me is why all other clubs accept this present situation, accepting the scraps after the so called big two have had their fill.
    Either tell the TV companies to beat it unless the money is significantly increased and that it is distributed equally between all sides no matter what games are shown on TV, or get shot of the two of them, put them in their own league.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    I'd doubt the ticketmaster site ever crashes but a sharp spike in demand will create a queue. The site is set up for a number of sessions(thousands) and if there's already demand on the site - which on TM is most of the time - then sessions look like they've not connected. They have usually but you might have a long wait. It took my session 15 minutes till I got a screen up I could interact with for the Hearts game. Too late by then of course.

As for Der Hun I think the club should simply call it out before the game in a press conference challenging Rangers to ensure the safety of the travelling fans in and outside the ground. The club will use fans evidence of mistreatment by stewards or the polis and anything they get from media outlets. What can we do? Ban their away fans from our ground. At the very least this will draw attention from some news broadcasters who may even put themselves in our bit. I'll wind up the no surrender brigade having to behave but they've been getting away with that pash for years and it needs to stop.
    In a different scenario, the Edinburgh Book Festival tickets went on sale, online at 08:30 last Tuesday. I logged on just after 08:30 and at the top of the page it told me I was number 3246 in the queue. It steadily counted down every 10 minutes or so until I was front of the queue at 11:00 and able to choose my tickets and order them without a hitch, being patient and not panicking works on some systems. Maybe if the Ticket sites all had a queue countdown like that there would be less angst.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    Unfortunately not much chance of this, once again televised games are set out for minimum disruption to both Glasgow sides, making sure their support isn't affected with the game being on tv, but basically for the rest of us, who cares. The only home games televised by them is when they play each other.
    They may do this down South to some extent, but at least they are well compensated to the tune of millions,but hey, this is why we're the laughing stock of the football world, because our folk in charge totally agree with what goes on.
    What gets me is why all other clubs accept this present situation, accepting the scraps after the so called big two have had their fill.
    Either tell the TV companies to beat it unless the money is significantly increased and that it is distributed equally between all sides no matter what games are shown on TV, or get shot of the two of them, put them in their own league.
    The clubs had the chance to change but obviously didnt want to, think Aberdeen voted to protect the 11v1 voting.