hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fixtures Day.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Hearts official just tweeted that rounds 2 & 4 won't be played at the piggery. Now did I no read somewhere that's not allowed? They'd have to play at least half the season away from the piggery? Or are the rules being bent for the gunts?
    Last edited by Oscar T Grouch; 23-06-2017 at 09:10 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts official just tweeted that founds 2 & 4 won't be played at the piggery. Now did I no read somewhere that's not allowed? They'd have to play at least half the season away from the piggery? Or are the rules being bent for the gunts?
    Surely were not letting them use Easter Road, must be Murrayfield

Hearts official just tweeted that founds 2 & 4 won't be played at the piggery. Now did I no read somewhere that's not allowed? They'd have to play at least half the season away from the piggery? Or are the rules being bent for the gunts?
    It's all been agreed in advance of the fixtures coming out. As much as I hate them I don't see the problem. When the fixtures get reversed later in the season they will need to play on the Friday or Sunday (assuming it's meant to be a weekend game)

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Surely were not letting them use Easter Road, must be Murrayfield
    The response from the fans is Murrayfield, though some suggesting Livi 😳 Which would hold less than a 3 stand piggery??

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    It's all been agreed in advance of the fixtures coming out. As much as I hate them I don't see the problem. When the fixtures get reversed later in the season they will need to play on the Friday or Sunday (assuming it's meant to be a weekend game)
    I just thought that if you play two home games elsewhere it is an advantage for those away teams? Didn't ICT have to play half a season away from their stadium when it was getting done for that reason? I maybe wrong likes but I am sure I read it somewhere.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I just thought that if you play two home games elsewhere it is an advantage for those away teams? Didn't ICT have to play half a season away from their stadium when it was getting done for that reason? I maybe wrong likes but I am sure I read it somewhere.
    They definitely played at Aberdeen. Can't remember if it was the full season or half a season but they were classed as their home games

If there are delays at the dump then I think they should have to play elsewhere but for two games I think it should be allowed

They definitely played at Aberdeen. Can't remember if it was the full season or half a season but they were classed as their home games

If there are delays at the dump then I think they should have to play elsewhere but for two games I think it should be allowed
    I'm no that bothered but I'd hope that whatever happens it causes them pain/embarrassment of some sort 😂😂

Good chance to get some points on the board early doors.

Coaching Staff

I also remember that Gretna played at Fir Park for a season.

I'm no that bothered but I'd hope that whatever happens it causes them pain/embarrassment of some sort 😂😂
    4 opening defeats for them would be lovely 👍

So which players are suspended for 1st game ?

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    So which players are suspended for 1st game ?
    Gray and McGregor I think.

Hearts official just tweeted that rounds 2 & 4 won't be played at the piggery. Now did I no read somewhere that's not allowed? They'd have to play at least half the season away from the piggery? Or are the rules being bent for the gunts?
    They will be reversing the fixtures, so the first one will be Rugby Park and the second one at Fir Park. It will then give them 4 home games in a row later in the season.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    They will be reversing the fixtures, so the first one will be Rugby Park and the second one at Fir Park. It will then give them 4 home games in a row later in the season.
    4 home games in a row...just think of those chip sales.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    And if Hibs are at home for these reverse fixtures, does that mean Police Scotland will ask for changes to KO times? If so, I hope it is the Yams who are required to change not Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    is it just me who doesn't get the moaning about playing hearts and the huns midweek? I think its better as under the lights the atmosphere will be incredible.
    Great for atmosphere and better than the lunchtime rubbish but there will be a lot of disappointed kids.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post
    Great for atmosphere and better than the lunchtime rubbish but there will be a lot of disappointed kids.
    Not just kids, but out of town fans too - particularly those from further afield. Getting into Edinburgh from outside and then travelling back after a night game with work the next day is brutal for many of us!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Good chance to get some points on the board early doors.
    Just had a first quick look and very much my thoughts.
    If we can keep our hoodoo over the hun tribute act then it could be a cracking start :)

Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    And if Hibs are at home for these reverse fixtures, does that mean Police Scotland will ask for changes to KO times? If so, I hope it is the Yams who are required to change not Hibs.
    SPFL have already stated that Hearts will have to change their kick off times to avoid clash with Hibs. That was a while ago when they agreed to Heart's request to play early games away from home.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    The Rangers have Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Celtic, Kilmarnock and Dundee twice at home before the split. Assuming that the first four teams finish top 6 that means they will get 3 home games against at least a couple of their nearest rivals. They also have one more home than away fixtures pre split. Hibs predictably have more away games than home games pre split. It will be very difficult for us to get 2 home games v The Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic if we and they finish top six.

Will Scottish Football ever clear up its act. It almosts looks like The Rangers waked into Hampden to arrange their fixtures and the rest of us fitted in round them.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    I wonder what will be our 1st home game moved for telly. Aberdeen in October would be my guess.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    I wonder what will be our 1st home game moved for telly. Aberdeen in October would be my guess.
    Would be nice if they could announce these solo , the English TV games have been already been announced

Left by mutual consent!
    If anyone wants to automatically add the fixtures to their phone then you can go to the following sky sports website (http://www.skysports.com/hibernian-fixtures) and click the "Add to calendar" button then follow whatever prompts your phone gives you.

You then have a calendar "subscription" to the fixtures and it will update automatically if fixtures are moved. Really handy - used it the last few seasons.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    There weren't any Boxing Day fixtures last year either - all games were on the 27th.

I'd guess some of the midweek games might be a result of Scotland games or cup fixtures but as with all initial fixture launches, there'll be change everywhere.

Wonder which game Celtc will be cancelling to undertake a glamour friendly somewhere
    Boxing Day card moved to a Christmas Eve as Christmas s Eve was a Saturday. Nonsense for me as I normally come up Boxing Day to see the family/watch the Hibs.

J

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    The Rangers have Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Celtic, Kilmarnock and Dundee twice at home before the split. Assuming that the first four teams finish top 6 that means they will get 3 home games against at least a couple of their nearest rivals. They also have one more home than away fixtures pre split. Hibs predictably have more away games than home games pre split. It will be very difficult for us to get 2 home games v The Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic if we and they finish top six.

Will Scottish Football ever clear up its act. It almosts looks like The Rangers waked into Hampden to arrange their fixtures and the rest of us fitted in round them.
    I don't have a problem with the concept of a split, but this is what brings it into disrepute ..... the first target of every club outside of Celtic at the start of the season is to make the top 6. The fact that everybody plays each other 3 times can hand clubs an advantage when the fixtures are drawn.

This is a prime example because as you say, the Currant Buns couldn't have asked for a better schedule if they had walked into Hampden and asked for it, to have their 4 main challengers ( with the possible exception of St Johnstone ) at home twice and away once before the split hands them a significant advantage.

Think it's a very good first four games for us!

Partick (H)
    Rangers (A)
    Hamilton (H)
    Dundee (A)

3 of those four are very winnable and an exciting trip to ibrox! Think we could defo get 10 out of 12 points. December could make or break our season however.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Between 6th August and 13th October we have 2 home games and 5 away. What a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    If anyone wants to automatically add the fixtures to their phone then you can go to the following sky sports website (http://www.skysports.com/hibernian-fixtures) and click the "Add to calendar" button then follow whatever prompts your phone gives you.

You then have a calendar "subscription" to the fixtures and it will update automatically if fixtures are moved. Really handy - used it the last few seasons.
    Very handy, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post

Cheers for this, very handy as we all know how much these games can change. 👍🏼