hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lafferty

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    My memory of him was that he didn't score many for Rangers, but had a habit of scoring important goals in big games - just checked Soccerbase and indeed he scored six goals in the final four matches of the season in 2010/11, which culminated in Rangers winning the league on the last day.

Definitely seems to be a big game player, and could see him being effective in derbies. If it came down to it, I'd rather he signed for us than them - especially if it's a straight choice - but he's a risk if being paid a very big wage, which I presume is the case.

He undoubtedly has quality though, and at 29 is a good age and has good experience. Could see him being effective for them in a similar way to Kevin Kyle.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really hoping the talk of Hibs being interested is just his agent trying to squeeze a few more quid out of Hearts. Quite apart from anything else, he's a forward who seems to average about one goal a year in club football for the last few seasons.

We've just sold the guy who scores all of our goals - we need a goalscorer, not a bang average awkward lanky forward. We've still got Brian Graham to fill that role.
    Are you seriously saying Gaham is a better option than Lafferty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Are you seriously saying Gaham is a better option than Lafferty?

He is if you want 24 hour access to your vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Maybe we could get a full time parking attendant put on at east mains just to make sure he doesn't park in Tam McCourt's spot? Wouldn't want this to be a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Wouldn't be too excited if we got him. I'd prefer if he ended up at the gorgie horseshoe and they paid over the top.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Kyle seems quite a yammish name to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    My memory of him was that he didn't score many for Rangers, but had a habit of scoring important goals in big games - just checked Soccerbase and indeed he scored six goals in the final four matches of the season in 2010/11, which culminated in Rangers winning the league on the last day.

Definitely seems to be a big game player, and could see him being effective in derbies. If it came down to it, I'd rather he signed for us than them - especially if it's a straight choice - but he's a risk if being paid a very big wage, which I presume is the case.

He undoubtedly has quality though, and at 29 is a good age and has good experience. Could see him being effective for them in a similar way to Kevin Kyle.
    He won the league for them at ER in 2010 with the only goal. The East was being built at the time and we were decanted to the South Stand with the hun, who had also bought most of the main stand hospitality. Pandemonium in the west when Lafferty scored. He brushed Chris Hogg off as if he wasn't there for his goal. A pathetic attempt by Hogg.

One of the old Rangers players I really detested with a passion. Rather not but I know he'd probably come back to haunt us so for that reason I'd take him if it stopped him going to Hearts.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    He won the league for them at ER in 2010 with the only goal. The East was being built at the time and we were decanted to the South Stand with the hun, who had also bought most of the main stand hospitality. Pandemonium in the west when Lafferty scored. He brushed Chris Hogg off as if he wasn't there for his goal. A pathetic attempt by Hogg.
    Yeah I was at that game. Horrible top 6 home games for us - lost all three.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post

Those first 2 paragraphs are pretty much exactly what my mate said about him who's a Rangers fan - he tended to do absolutely buggar all for the majority of the year but whenever it came close to transfer windows/end of season he would suddenly be busting a gut and scoring a few goals

[QUOTE=Stevie Reid;5081343]My memory of him was that he didn't score many for Rangers, but had a habit of scoring important goals in big games

He was fairly poor for NI for years until Michael got the hold of him and sorted him out. I think he would relish playing against Sevco, Celtic and the jambos but overall his club form has been dire for a long time.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Like Fyvie then?
    Yeah and Matty Jack all 3 cheats. Always get my support but do not have to like.

Im really hoping we don't get him....if we do its because we have missed out on our main targets.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Im really hoping we don't get him....if we do its because we have missed out on our main targets.
    Who are...?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Looking at his wiki page, hasn't scored many goals in the last 3 years

@hibs.net private member
    Aye ok, very good. Just me then that thinks not giving a damn about other people's disabilities says something about your character. Anyway, I'm out of this.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    So if Hearts sign him we should expect some good news shortly?

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    I'm praying Hearts win this 'race' to the bottom quality wise. He is absolutely *****.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    I'd only take Lafferty if it was guaranteed that we would be signing someone else to be our main striker.

I'd be pretty worried if we went into next season with Murray,Lafferty, Graham, Boyle and Shaw as our striker options.

Murray is Keatings replacement
    Lafferty would be upgrade on a aging Holt
    We would still need a 'goalscorer' to replace JC.

Never been prolific in front of goal. Hardly played club football over past 4 seasons. Huge risk for a big wage. Remarkable international record though.

Blog Entries
    I don't know if this is old news but I came across this in KB.

Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini said he’s selling Kyle Lafferty to Norwich because “he’s an out-of-control womaniser.”

Northern Ireland international Lafferty was instrumental in Palermo’s promotion campaign from Serie B this season, but is on the verge of a move to Norwich.

“Lafferty is sold as a result of a precise request from my Coach Beppe Iachini,” President Zamparini told Radio 24.

“He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan.

“He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails. On the field he’s a great player, because he gave us everything he had and more.

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My Coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to ===============================

This??
    Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini said he’s selling Kyle Lafferty to Norwich because “he’s an out-of-control womaniser.”

Northern Ireland international Lafferty was instrumental in Palermo’s promotion campaign from Serie B this season, but is on the verge of a move to Norwich.

“Lafferty is sold as a result of a precise request from my Coach Beppe Iachini,” President Zamparini told Radio 24.

“He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan.

“He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails. On the field he’s a great player, because he gave us everything he had and more.

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My Coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to go.”

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    I doubt we are even in for him. Probably agent talk so when he does sign for hearts they will be able to say he turned down hibs to go to hearts and that will then get him over with the hearts fans

Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    I'd only take Lafferty if it was guaranteed that we would be signing someone else to be our main striker.

I'd be pretty worried if we went into next season with Murray,Lafferty, Graham, Boyle and Shaw as our striker options.

Murray is Keatings replacement
    Lafferty would be upgrade on a aging Holt
    We would still need a 'goalscorer' to replace JC.
    Lafferty would be no upgrade on Grant Holt. Totally different type of player. We would still need a replacement for Holt even if the lanky Northern Irishman signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I don't know if this is old news but I came across this in KB.

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My Coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to ===============================

This??

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My Coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to go.”

I like him a bit more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    A poor man's Leigh? Think he just trumps him on the number of families front 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    He sounds like he'd ride a barbers floor.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Just passed by Tynie a minutes ago. Bit of a gathering outside so asked what was up.

Kyle L. signing about to be announced seemingly.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Just passed by Tynie a minutes ago. Bit of a gathering outside so asked what was up.

I like him a bit less again.

Airdrie Jambo agrees.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Have they found another owl?

Always likely to draw a big gathering of idiots.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby