hibs.net Messageboard

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lafferty

No tears shed, suits the Yams perfectly and they'll be paying more than they can afford for "winning" his signature. Happy days

2. Log in to remove the advert

Key quote post signing I think speaks volumes "it’s important that I was coming to a place where I know I’d get along with the supporters"

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    see ive still no idea what your talking about

make sense man
    I've no time to contextualise or explain everything I write.

Again, if you can't form a link between what you said and what I wrote then I've no time for you.

You're deliberately being an erse.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Last time I saw Berra he had EPL players in his back pocket at Hampden. Lafferty is a great signing at this level. My concern is we have not improved on last season's squad. We've signed Swanson but lost Cummings and been linked with Whittaker who plays the same position as our club captain. Murray is no better than Keatings in my opinion and we've lost Fyvie. Signing Marciano and Effe would be good but they were here last season so hardly an improvement. At this moment in time both Aberdeen and Hearts are doing better business while we get Jermaine Pennant in for a look. Last ditch attempts to hyjack other teams signing targets is extremely concerning to me. That's how I see it at the moment. Really hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Fair enough bud, it's all about opinions at the end of the day and respect your post.

I do recall seeing Non League 'giants' Lincoln City pulling Berra and his defence this way and that in their FA Cup loss to them. Also don't get your point about Rocky and Efe 'hardly an improvement' ? Are you wanting quantity or quality in your signing policy ? Because if you want quality as a supporter, you'll have that (and enjoy the fact) in Rocky and Efe, regardless of whether they were here last season or not - they improve the team. If you simply want to add numbers to the squad, sorry, we don't need the Yogi Hughes 'goalie school' or the days of having Sean O'Hanlon or David Stephens at centre half.

Marciano, Ambrose, Murray and Swanson are all better signings than Lafferty.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Last time I saw Berra he had EPL players in his back pocket at Hampden. Lafferty is a great signing at this level. My concern is we have not improved on last season's squad. We've signed Swanson but lost Cummings and been linked with Whittaker who plays the same position as our club captain. Murray is no better than Keatings in my opinion and we've lost Fyvie. Signing Marciano and Effe would be good but they were here last season so hardly an improvement. At this moment in time both Aberdeen and Hearts are doing better business while we get Jermaine Pennant in for a look. Last ditch attempts to hyjack other teams signing targets is extremely concerning to me. That's how I see it at the moment. Really hope I'm wrong.

Are they aye?! Personally I'd prefer to be patient and get the right player. How would you have reacted if we'd signed Cole Stockton?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: nervous_pee
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    You need to stop worrying about what Hearts are doing.

We can't, and more importantly WON'T compete with Hearts off the pitch when they are willing to spend money they don't have on building a new stand, paying stupid wages for average players and spending years and years getting more and more in debt to fund some moderate success and "bragging rights" over us even if it means they put the very existence of thier club at risk and ultimately shaft other football clubs, local businesses and worst of all charities of money owed just so they can say "we're the big team"

Hibs do not need Hearts to justify our existence. We have a history and reputation as a football club that is rich, diverse and overwhelmingly positive.

Hearts are defined by us and thier inferiority complex. calling themselves "the famous" and "big team", celebrating our failure to win the scottish cup more than they celebrate thier own victories....other than the 5-1 hand signs (which is also about beating us rather than winning the cup) how many songs or chants do they have about thier own acheivements? In the last 13 months how many times have hearts mentioned thier "special relationship" with the scottish cup?.....none, because thier "special relationship" wasn't about them winning it but it was about us not and since we won it the relationship isn't so special because its about us and our relationship with that cup not thiers.

At the end of the day, they hate us because they aren't us and never will be and they will do absolutely anything to get one over on us, it's an unhealthy and disturbing way to live, lets leave them to it and focus on what we are doing.
    Not overly interested in what hearts are doing

iam however interested when we allegedly go for the same player and lose out.

"IF" we wanted him we should have made damn sure we got him, was the thrust of my point.
    Last edited by Nemo; 28-06-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Please just close this thread! sick of reading about Lafferty. I'd say 80% of us didn't want him. We don't have him. Lets move on. This is a guy whos scored about 70 career goals in near 400 games or something like that! he's a lanky streak of p**h and is not worth 20 odd pages on a forum.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Phew. Thank goodness for that. I was coming out in a cold sweat at the thought of him signing for us.
    Part of me thinks there has been a little bit of devilment at play here too brooster

On field and off field, as I posted last week, wouldn't want him sitting in the ER stands let alone in become a Hibs player. I'm fair 'cheesin' as my son would say.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Not overly interested in what hearts are doing

iam however interested when we allegedly go for the same player and lose out ( thats whats being played out in the media)

IF we wanted him we should have made damn sure we got him, was the thrust of my point.
    And it was totally wrong.

Do you really want Hearts to dictate how much we pay for a player?

Or the length of his contract?

Or how many games he is guaranteed to start?

That's what your naive position would give us.

Secondly, do you even know for sure we did want him? No, me neither.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Fair enough bud, it's all about opinions at the end of the day and respect your post.

I do recall seeing Non League 'giants' Lincoln City pulling Berra and his defence this way and that in their FA Cup loss to them. Also don't get your point about Rocky and Efe 'hardly an improvement' ? Are you wanting quantity or quality in your signing policy ? Because if you want quality as a supporter, you'll have that (and enjoy the fact) in Rocky and Efe, regardless of whether they were here last season or not - they improve the team. If you simply want to add numbers to the squad, sorry, we don't need the Yogi Hughes 'goalie school' or the days of having Sean O'Hanlon or David Stephens at centre half.
    Good point. Guess Well just need to see where we are when window closes

His words in the video on the Hearts Twitter are 'have the assistant Austin nibble in my ear the last 4-6 months' - basically admitting to MacPhee tapping him up while still a Norwich player the last few months played a part in him signing.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Here's what they're paying for;
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Good and fitting signing for them, glad he's not a hibs player and can still give him it tight for being a despicable fud.

Delighted.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Now he's signed for that lot, I'm very happy that I posted my opinion of him this morning. Not changing my mind after the fact; I didn't want him at Hibs. I think we can do better for the sort of wage he'll be after. He'll definitely be my new Yam hate figure - total bellend.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

He'll be just as loathsome to Hibs fans as Skacel. Just wait until he starts his antics. A banger of a man.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    Please just close this thread! sick of reading about Lafferty. I'd say 80% of us didn't want him. We don't have him. Lets move on. This is a guy whos scored about 70 career goals in near 400 games or something like that! he's a lanky streak of p**h and is not worth 20 odd pages on a forum.
    Perfect post.

Left by mutual consent!
    Lafferty becomes available and quite simply could be he was not in plans but NL thought maybe he might be what I am looking for but not breaking the bank, found out roughly what he wants NL ends it there as perhaps has budget tied up. I honestly believe our interest was a punt to see how much wanted and ended there simply we will take him if good wage p/w if not no worries.

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Could be a good signing for them. Total helmet of a guy though.

Quote Originally Posted by portyhibernian View Post
    Could be a good signing for them. Total helmet of a guy though.
    He'll suit their long ball game, but he's very limited. Very slow and awkward, a decent centre half will mark him out of a game. His scoring record is pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Lafferty becomes available and quite simply could be he was not in plans but NL thought maybe he might be what I am looking for but not breaking the bank, found out roughly what he wants NL ends it there as perhaps has budget tied up. I honestly believe our interest was a punt to see how much wanted and ended there simply we will take him if good wage p/w if not no worries.
    I agree don't think our interest was ever anything more than this...been played up by press and his Agent to con more money out the Yams (so not all bad 😜)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Kyle Lafferty AKA Greg Louganis

Left by mutual consent!
    He likes to give head to opposition players. Sorry, 'use his head on'. I'm not helping him out much. Should be a laff watching the fruit loop get the pink missed every time he comes up against McGregor. Next, Jambon, Jambon.

Club 12 (2013) Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    They have signed Berra, Lafferty and the young full
    back from Man City (on loan). We have signed Ambrose,
    Murray and Swanson. I don't think they will be signing many more. I'm sure we will. Whittaker and Rocky are nearly over the line. Provided we also bring in two quality strikers then I'd say our squad is stronger than them and probably Aberdeen too.
    I'm not sure we were interested in Lafferty. If we were I'd hope it was as one of a number of targets to replace Holt and not as our main striker. If as you say this was a last ditch attempt by us then I agree it would be concerning.
    Aswell as Berra,Lafferty and Ashley Brown Hearts have signed Stockton and Grzelak and nearly completed signing Michael Smith.

I think he's a decent player and with a proven goal scorer up front he would be valuable. However goncalves isn't much of a goal scorer, granted he'll get goals here and there. Unless they are looking for an actual goal scorer as well but they have broke the bank on this one.

Or are they thinking the boy from trammere will provide the goals?

Confident than who ever we play at centre back will deal with Lafferty.

When you boil it down he has Yam signing all over him ..... reverting back to the battering ram style which has served them so well over the years in getting the better of actual football teams, it has Levin written all over it, I wonder if Cathro has been told yet. I would have given him a chance if he had signed for us, but I'm not exactly going to be crying into my Cornflakes because he has gone to them., given his scoring record at club level over the last few years there's as much chance he will be an expensive failure as a success ... which is exactly the chance we would have been taking.

The question to be asked here in my opinion isn't, if Hibs seriously did want him, why couldn't we match the Yams offer? The question has to be once again if Hibs seriously did want him, how was it the Hearts were able to top what we were offering? I highly doubt we would have offered him a contract for less than the two years he has been given by them, so I doubt that was it .... in which case it comes down to money.

I doubt Hibs would have offered less than £2,000 a week if we were serious about him, which means the Yams offered more ...... so the big question is, not for the first time, where are a club selling scrap and baking cakes to raise 3 million quid they need but don't have, by their own admission, getting the money to sign players on contracts paying over £2,000 a week?

Anybody else getting a feeling of deja vu?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    Don't read any more of it then. Not sure why folk insist on asking for threads to be closed because they don't like what they're reading, it's childish and embarrassing.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: nervous_pee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    And it was totally wrong.

Do you really want Hearts to dictate how much we pay for a player?

Or the length of his contract?

Or how many games he is guaranteed to start?

That's what your naive position would give us.

Secondly, do you even know for sure we did want him? No, me neither.

Naive? possibly.

But i think if you really want something you go and get it.

its all about how much you want it and what you're prepared to pay

hate the thought of being outdone by that lot.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Don't read any more of it then. Not sure why folk insist on asking for threads to be closed because they don't like what they're reading, it's childish and embarrassing.
    Yep but we don't need 2 threads discussing a Hearts signing so I've merged them.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"