hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marciano

Quote Originally Posted by hfc-1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glad we've finally signed him but a 50% sell on clause is a bit much and a fair chunk off any future transfer fee.
    Surely not really that much of an issue surely?

I'd be happy with 100k for a goalkeeper of that quality as it means that our first choice defence is very probably the best in the league outside Celtic. And if we do sell him on then if we got £200k we make our money back....any more and we make a profit.

The "worst case" scenario would be the extremely unlikely one where he plays such an absolute blinder some EPL club drops £5 million on him and we "only" make a £2.4 million profit. I can live with that :)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    100k for an apparently 2m rated keeper. If we we him for 2m we have signed a very good keeper and made 900k. What's not to like
    2m??

Glad we've finally signed him but a 50% sell on clause is a bit much and a fair chunk off any future transfer fee.
    Maybe that's the only way we could afford a deal

I doubt Hibs would have liked to give away 50% either but I'm just over the moon we have signed him and have a stable keeper for the future. I also think with the 50% Hibs are less likly now to sell him on the cheap if he does do well.

Great news - now all we need are 2 goalscorers

Anyone heard anything about who we are likely to sign?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    Great news - now all we need are 2 goalscorers

Anyone heard anything about who we are likely to sign?
    I think the players start back today. Is anyone hiding in the bushes at EM to see if they can spot any new signings/trialists we haven't heard about yet?

Left by mutual consent!
    Great signing!!!

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com &sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://sports.walla.co.il/item/3075274&usg=ALkJrhgrHMeWrIhOk49zAPvY3tfmYCcNCw

A day after MS. Ashdod sold Or Inbrom to Gent, the group also completed the sale of Ophir Marciano to the Scottish Hybranian. After lengthy negotiations, it was agreed that the Ivorian would pay Ashdod 150,000 euros but Ashdod would leave 50 percent of the goalkeeper's ticket so that if Hibernian sold him in the future, Ashdod could exercise its rights.

Maybe that's the only way we could afford a deal

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    So hibs are buying an international keeper and hearts are selling old bathtubs and toilet signs....

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    I'd presume it's 50% of any profit rather than whole fee, and if so, actually represents very little risk for us. Given the finances in Scottish football it's a great way to get in players who would potentially be unattainable.

If anything it's reducing the risk for the club that paying the full fee to sign him without such clauses would carry, such as not replicating his loan form or serious injury (God forbid).

£132K isn't a lot for a good international keeper, even if we sell on at say £250K, we still get our money back, no real risk in this deal.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whilst selling on players will by necessity always have to be part of our make up, I would much rather we had a quality player we couldn't otherwise afford and a reduced potential future sell on fee than not have that player at all.

SJM being another example

It's this type of innovative thinking that has us signing internationals and Hearts signing nobody's

Happy with that. Solid keeper however will be tested alot more in the Premiership I'd imagine.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Whilst selling on players will by necessity always have to be part of our make up, I would much rather we had a quality player we couldn't otherwise afford and a reduced potential future sell on fee than not have that player at all.

SJM being another example

It's this type of innovative thinking that has us signing internationals and Hearts signing nobody's

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Its clear Rocky and his Mrs ( ) love it here at Hibs/Edinburgh and with them having a kid soon too it could hopefully mean they'll be wanting to stick around here for a good while

This is great if true. Its been ages since we have had a solid keeper who can perform well on a consistent basis and Rocky certainly seems to be in that mould. I couldn't care less if we are unlikely to make money from any sell on, its far more important to have a good stopper.

Ooh Shelly Shelly
    We used to see mols's wife
    But we have you now

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    We are Hybrainian FC/ we hate jam tarts and we hate Dundee

It has a ring

The most likely scenario is that he'll see out his 2 years and neither Hibs or Ashdod will make any money out of it. And if he signs on again after that he'll (presumably) be ours 100%.

He's going to have to have had a fantastic season for him to be worth selling this time next year and that can only be good for us.

Top drawer keeper.....top drawer signing

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    The most likely scenario is that he'll see out his 2 years and neither Hibs or Ashdod will make any money out of it. And if he signs on again after that he'll (presumably) be ours 100%.

He's going to have to have had a fantastic season for him to be worth selling this time next year and that can only be good for us.
    I've probably missed it but where does it say he's signing for two years? I assumed he would be getting 3-4 years due to us paying a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    I've probably missed it but where does it say he's signing for two years? I assumed he would be getting 3-4 years due to us paying a fee.
    I thought I read it somewhere. Even better if it's longer.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I thought I read it somewhere. Even better if it's longer.
    You could be right. Even if it's just the two I'll be delighted as he's an excellent keeper.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N/A
    Doo doo doo doo....Marciano!

By today's standards this steal is an absolute coup by Hibs and Lennon. I know it's a blow to lose a young striking star like Jason, but let's face it, there is no way in the current financial structure of Scottish football that the likes of Ambrose and Rocky should be signing for anybody outside of Celtic. Well done again NL/LD. And Hibs fans - playing in a full stadium must have influenced both players greatly.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    When was the last time we actually sold a goalkeeper on for good money? I can't remember it happening recently!
    We sold one of the Andy Gorams back in 1991.

His performance against Dunfermline last season was the best goalkeeping display I've seen at ER since Leighton days. Huge coup and will earn us a few points next season.

@hibs.net private member HFC_NYC's Avatar
    I know nothing about Israeli football, but why isn't he wanted at his current club? Do they have someone even better between the sticks?

Testimonial Due
    His saves against Dunfermline last season were tremendous, recall point blank double save. His one against Hearts at tynie where he sticks out a foot also.

I rate him, still young also. He doesn't make me nervous which is the main thing.

If only he had scored that header v Aberdeen. Imagine the scenes.