hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough

How Much Money Generated This Quarter (And How Much Of It Will Be Spent on Players)??

Given record season tickets sales, the sale of Cummings and sales of new Macron merchandise; how much do you think we have taking in this quarter? I would estimate it has to be in the region of 3.5-4 million - surely? If so, how much of that is going back into the playing squad?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    sigh

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    We've taken it loads but after Sir Tom takes his half , rod takes his 10% and the percentage to hearts , there will not be much left.

Dreading next season already
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeHutch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given record season tickets sales, the sale of Cummings and sales of new Macron merchandise; how much do you think we have taking in this quarter? I would estimate it has to be in the region of 3.5-4 million - surely? If so, how much of that is going back into the playing squad?
    How much do you think will go into the playing squad? And where do you think the rest will go?

Why wouldn't it go to the playing squad? Only debt is owed to STF and we've already built the stadium and training centre. We're running out of non-football related things to pay for other than maintenance and just generally running the club.

@hibs.net private member
    Who cares?

@hibs.net private member Pete70's Avatar
    Short answer. Lots

I noticed on recent visits to meet people at Easter Road I've been offered a biscuit with my coffee. This didn't happen in the past.

An unnecessary expense that must be eating into the player budget.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Who cares?
    Probably everybody except you but I'm not panicking right now although that day is drawing closer.

Petrie.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I noticed on recent visits to meet people at Easter Road I've been offered a biscuit with my coffee. This didn't happen in the past.

What kind of biscuits were they? Did they give you the whole pack or were they laid out on a small plate?

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Hopefully going forward we can invest in wages so hopefully we can pay the key players a bit more maybe help stop them moving so easily to mediocre clubs down south and if the do move then as on higher wage likely to command better fees. All hopes of course.

We live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    We've taken it loads but after Sir Tom takes his half , rod takes his 10% and the percentage to hearts , there will not be much left.

Dreading next season already
    Does Rod get 10% of the whole amount, or 10% of what's left after STF has had his half?

Either way, Hearts pocket more than Hibs in this deal.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I'd expect a significant chunk to go towards the pie's at the AGM - continuing that level of hospitality is a must for the club.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Does Rod get 10% of the whole amount, or 10% of what's left after STF has had his half?

Either way, Hearts pocket more than Hibs in this deal.
    Hearts have played a blinder here.
    Gutted.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Left by mutual consent!
    Need to nip over to JKB first to see how our financial position stands before forming an opinion - they tell it like it is with no fabrications .....................

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    sigh
    My reaction as well when I saw the thread title. Gargantuan amounts of toaly being posted here in the last few days.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    My reaction as well when I saw the thread title. Gargantuan amounts of toaly being posted here in the last few days.
    A sign we are moving closer to Peak Jambo.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Who cares?

yes, because our budget is irrelevant right enough.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    We should see if Tranmere have got any more cast offs that morecambe didn't want. You can get them for nothing and Rod can spend all the cash we've made on fur coats and gold teeth for himself and a solid gold bath for Sir Tom

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Obviously most of the money made will be spent on filling in the corners at ER.

I am sure your pals on kickback will tell you

First Team Breakthrough
    I thought this was a fairly straightforward and innocuous post but judging from the "sigh", "who cares" and other responses I must have misjudged it big time! Someone even inferred I was a Yam for the first time in over 14 years as a member on this board. Anyhoo, not sure why some of you responded this way (have I missed something?) I just thought it was worth discussing...

HH

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Can I confess that after all these years of deep undercover work on this board that I am Yamicus?

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    I think it's more to do with the same things being repeated on a variety of threads (see 'There MUST be signings in place' as an example). Appreciate fans would like to hear some news, but not sure anything we say on here will hasten things along (that's assuming signings aren't in place already, just not announced).

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    I thought this was a fairly straightforward and innocuous post but judging from the "sigh", "who cares" and other responses I must have misjudged it big time! Someone even inferred I was a Yam for the first time in over 14 years as a member on this board. Anyhoo, not sure why some of you responded this way (have I missed something?) I just thought it was worth discussing...

HH
    I think the problem is its been discussed at length that we have no debt other than an interest free loan to STF that we are paying back at £500k a year with a completed stadium and fully owned and paid for training centre. Its pretty clear then that any money generated over and above that needed to pay STF his £500k and run the club next season will find its way to the team via transfer fees or wages for new signings.

Coming on here after we have sold our best striker with rumours swirling of us selling our other star player and asking how much of the income will be spent on players is suggesting that the money will somehow end up elsewhere and appears to be an effort to stir things amongst the support on here.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    yes, because our budget is irrelevant right enough.
    Of course it's relevant. Nobody would argue with that but the problem is that no-one on here knows the answer and the OP's words will merely lead to more guesstimates, so what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    I think the problem is its been discussed at length that we have no debt other than an interest free loan to STF that we are paying back at £500k a year with a completed stadium and fully owned and paid for training centre. Its pretty clear then that any money generated over and above that needed to pay STF his £500k and run the club next season will find its way to the team via transfer fees or wages for new signings.

Coming on here after we have sold our best striker with rumours swirling of us selling our other star player and asking how much of the income will be spent on players is suggesting that the money will somehow end up elsewhere and appears to be an effort to stir things amongst the support on here.
    This is how it feels

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    I'm dumbfounded mate. Wasn't trying to suggest anything or stir things up amongst our support as you put it! There are a lot of sensitive people on this thread - when there's no need to be.

@hibs.net private member
    The bottom line is that the club will spend what they can afford. As many other posters have said,discussing it will achieve nothing. It is equally important to get existing players signed up again. A large part of the budget will go on that. We will never know the exact amount and speculation does no one any good.