hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: 2017 Queen's

2017 Queen's

Andy Murray knocked out of Queen's in the first round losing 7-6 6-2 to Jordan Thompson who is 90th in the world. He only played after Aljaz Bedene pulled out through injury!

Not great preparation for Wimbledon!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    As I've also mentioned on the Holy Ground, I gather Andy wasn't happy about his pledge to donate his prize money to the London fire fund being made public so he may have been affected by that. But as you say not great preparation for Wimbledon. Still, Wawrinka and Raonic, the second and third seeds also crashed out so I don't know how much we can read into it. In saying that, Andy's been struggling for form all year so I wonder whether having reached the world No 1 spot his motivation is what it once was.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/40387574

British number three Dan Evans has announced he tested positive for cocaine in a drugs test taken in April.

The 27-year-old, who has played for Britain in the Davis Cup, learned of the failed test earlier this week and said he had "let a lot of people down".

i bet he's not the only tennis player either

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Should have played the Gasquet card. But, then again, Evans isn't a smooth French *******.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...ehind-him.html

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/40387574

British number three Dan Evans has announced he tested positive for cocaine in a drugs test taken in April.

The 27-year-old, who has played for Britain in the Davis Cup, learned of the failed test earlier this week and said he had "let a lot of people down".

i bet he's not the only tennis player either
    I feel quite sad about this story to be honest.

Evans had really done so well in the past couple of years and looked to have shaken off his reputation as someone who didn't try. He was starting to reap the rewards.

He'll undoubtedly face a lengthy suspension now that he's basically admitted his guilt. I don't know what the future holds for him now, it's a real shame as he's certainly a talent.

Left by mutual consent!
    Well done to Jamie Murray for winning the doubles at Queen's today. First British player to do so since 1990.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Thought today's final was an excellent encounter - couldn't see Lopez winning at all after Cilic took it to the tiebreak in the second set, but he completely capitulated!

The number of aces today from both players was quite staggering. Well done to Lopez though - some of his spin shots were a joy to watch today. I don't know what it is, but I just can't take to Cilic - he seems such a gloomy, spiteful and angry player on court. Also, he done well to get out of this afternoon with only the one time violation!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.