hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was a tidy hard working player but not the one who left for Wigan. He lost his cutying edge, his burst of acceleration to get into dangerous positions.
    Watch 21.5.16 again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    If he was great he would be signing for a better team than a skint Dundee United. Fraser goes with our best wishes as a valued member of our cup winning team.
    I think he was a great player. I base that on watching him every week for 3 years, not the club who offers him the most money after Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I think he was a great player. I base that on watching him every week for 3 years, not the club who offers him the most money after Hibs.
    Great? Sorry he was far from great he was just pretty average really. Done well in some games crap in others. Replaceable that's for sure and I wish him well.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Great? Sorry he was far from great he was just pretty average really. Done well in some games crap in others. Replaceable that's for sure and I wish him well.
    Lot of miss placed passes.

Crap in about 5 games in 3 years.

Great player in my opinion based on watching him for 3 years, that isn't going to change. He'll be replaceable when he has been replaced, not before.

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Lot of miss placed passes.
    Also completed twice as many as any other Hibs player when he played. McGinn misplaces as many passes as Fyvie, easily.

Great player in my opinion based on watching him for 3 years, that isn't going to change. He'll be replaceable when he has been replaced, not before.
    Good player IMO as well.

I wanted him to stay, very underrated player.

But, if he's messed us about then i've no sympathy.

Sorry we'll have to agree to disagree. Great players stand out and play weekly, Fraser wasn't even a regular starter.

Sorry we'll have to agree to disagree. Great players stand out and play weekly, Fraser wasn't even a regular starter.
    John McGinn isn't a great player by that logic, was poor for a lot of last season.

Fraser was a regular in the side apart 1/2 months in which Shinnie was playing very well on the left and we played 4-4-2. He was a regular in the only Hibs team to ever reach both cup finals in 1 season (would've won both had he been fit to play instead of Thomson) and was magnificent on 21st of May.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 28-06-2017 at 02:50 PM.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    John McGinn isn't a great player by that logic, was poor for a lot of last season.

Fraser was a regular in the side apart 1/2 months in which Shinnie was playing very well on the left and we played 4-4-2. He was a regular in the only Hibs team to ever reach both cup finals in 1 season (would've won both had he been fit to play instead of Thomson) and was magnificent on 21st of May.
    We've already disagreed about FF but the bit in bold is just bollox, how can you possibly say that ?

I agree McGinn had a poor season last year. But you are talking like he's one of the best players we've had and he's really not. For the record everyone was immense on the 21st May, it was a fantastic team effort that day with Fraser doing his bit too.

You think he's great I think he's just alright and won't be missed. That's football! But not getting a top flight club speaks volumes imo.

I agree McGinn had a poor season last year. But you are talking like he's one of the best players we've had and he's really not. For the record everyone was immense on the 21st May, it was a fantastic team effort that day with Fraser doing his bit too.

You think he's great I think he's just alright and won't be missed. That's football! But not getting a top flight club speaks volumes imo.

I'm not sure you can say its speaks volumes that Fyvie never signed for a Premiership team. How many teams in the top flight would be paying more than he is on at Dundee Utd? Also nobody has a clue whether or nor he was offered a contract by a team in the Premiership.

Dundee Utd will pay more than Ross County , Hamilton , Motherwell , Kilmarnock and probably more than Dundee or St Johnstone.

It doesn't speak volumes, it tells me they offered the most money. He had a 3 year deal offered by Hibernian, a pretty big top flight club from what I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    We've already disagreed about FF but the bit in bold is just bollox, how can you possibly say that ?
    Was pretty widely accepted on here. We missed McGeouch, Fyvie and Hanlon badly that day and resorted to kicking it long because we couldn't bring the ball forward properly. Thomson made a bad mistake for the first RC goal as well.

Was pretty widely accepted on here. We missed McGeouch, Fyvie and Hanlon badly that day and resorted to kicking it long because we couldn't bring the ball forward properly. Thomson made a bad mistake for the first RC goal as well.[/QUOTE]

First I've heard of that. Hanlon was definitely a big miss but to say we'd have won if any or all of them were playing is utter speculation. I thought Thomson had a decent game that day but imo it is overlooked because of that mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    First I've heard of that. Hanlon was definitely a big miss but to say we'd have won if any or all of them were playing is utter speculation. I thought Thomson had a decent game that day but imo it is overlooked because of that mistake.
    In the semi final the midfield 4 of Fyvie, McGeouch, Henderson and McGinn were exceptional, as good as I've seen a Hibs midfield play in years. If they played like that in the final we'd have won it comfortably. McGeouch and Fyvie were huge misses, our league form around the time showed that as well.

In the semi final the midfield 4 of Fyvie, McGeouch, Henderson and McGinn were exceptional, as good as I've seen a Hibs midfield play in years. If they played like that in the final we'd have won it comfortably. McGeouch and Fyvie were huge misses, our league form around the time showed that as well.
    Yes if we'd played as well as in the semi I agree we'd have had a better chance of winning it, but that's a bit different from saying we'd have won it if FF had been playing.

Anyway we have differing opinions of FF, would be a boring forum if we all felt the same way. I wish FF all the best wherever he ends up and if he comes back to ER as an opposing player I will applaud him.

Didn't realise the Fyvie to Utd deal had fallen through.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Didn't realise the Fyvie to Utd deal had fallen through.
    Don't think it has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Don't think it has.

Yip, might still happen but exploring other options.

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Yip, might still happen but exploring other options.
    He's no the most decisive person, eh?

Imagine if he signed for Hibs after all.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Imagine if he signed for Hibs after all.
    Do you know something we don't underscore?

Quote Originally Posted by FGR2016 View Post
    Do you know something we don't underscore?
    Not unless Lennon is away (which I very much doubt)...

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    Not unless Lennon is away (which I very much doubt)...
    Do they not get on?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Do they not get on?
    No comment 😉

I like Fyvie and would have been happy to see him stay, an underrated player IMO and often the scapegoat for some people. Some critism justified but sometimes I felt that he took a lot of unfair stick.

Good luck Frazer, thank you for 21.05.2016. Forever a hibs hero for the part you played that day.

I didnt know he hadn't signed for Dun Utd yet. We still need another centre mid.

I hope sense is seen by all and we retain the services of a more than decent player allowing us to focus our energy on signing players further forward

I've made my thoughts pretty clear on FF. He's a player British football doesn't appreciate. I'm not gonna get hung up in this debate anymore so if he goes elsewhere then best of luck to a Scottish Cup winning legend but I'd love it if we could resolve the differences and give him the contact

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Don't think it has.

Blackpool looking to hijack it at the last minute
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    No comment 😉
    C'mon spill
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull