hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I put this on another thread -

I know someone VERY close to him and this is actually what happened.

No timescale was given to fraser to accept the offer. He went on holiday the week after finished and went back to hibs the day after he came back from holiday to agree the contract and was told offer was off the table. Surely with there not being a deadline than the stance by the club is harsh to somone who has helped them achieve so much in the last few years.
    Maybe

He still hopes a deal can be done and hasn't given up on being a Hibs player next season as he loves it at Hibs. Lennon my have a different opinion as Fraser delayed on deciding on the deal. He has had a hard time with injuries and disappointments and wanted to get the best deal for him and his family.

But ultimately Lennon has to decide if Fraser is part of his plans or not.
    I understand a player trying to get a better deal but the player surely understands that a club might not want to be his second choice/preference. Considering his attitude in the SC semi final there might be question marks over his total commitment to Hibs strengthened by him trying to get another club and only accepting Hibs deal when he couldn't get one.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Awe ffs, the Jambos have just made him an offer all thanks to you letting 'the cat' oot the bag.
    Don't even joke about that, he'd improve them even at the age he is!!!

The bit I don't get is a couple of posters saying he went on holiday and was going to sign when he came back, why then did he not tell someone at the club that it was his intention of doing just that?

Boyle did exactly the same but had the brains to tell the management that he'll be signing as soon as he got back and did just that, was Fyvie incapable of doing similar? Or is he just saying that because his attempts to get a better deal elsewhere has backfired and he's trying to save face. Funny how both papers are going with the story that he rejected Hibs offer but then decided to accept it but it was too late.

Castle on the Hill - great song

Hope he signs

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    I understand a player trying to get a better deal but the player surely understands that a club might not want to be his second choice/preference. Considering his attitude in the SC semi final there might be question marks over his total commitment to Hibs strengthened by him trying to get another club and only accepting Hibs deal when he couldn't get one.
    I may be on my own here, but I remember his attitude in our cup final win

The boy was immense. He was a major part in my greatest day watching Hibs Whatever he does, and for whatever reason he decides to do it, he has my 100% support.

Short memories eh?
    Last edited by SquashedFrogg; 25-06-2017 at 09:31 PM.

First Team Regular
    To be honest I'm happy he's away. Painfully average. Never at any point set the championship alight. I think young Scott Martin or Fraser Murray could prove to be better options next season, very excited to see how they get on.

Quote Originally Posted by QMU-1875 View Post
    To be honest I'm happy he's away. Painfully average. Never at any point set the championship alight. I think young Scott Martin or Fraser Murray could prove to be better options next season, very excited to see how they get on.
    Do you understand positions? i.e. Players play in different positions?

And as for setting the championship alight??? Players like FF don't set anything 'alight'. They play football and win matches.

Oh dear

I'm all for opinions but this is scary. What's happening to this place??

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post

And as for setting the championship alight??? Players like FF don't set anything 'alight'. They play football and win matches.

Oh dear

Settle doon Pep

Left by mutual consent!
    I don't get the Fyvie love in either. He's like a marginally better version of John Rankin, who I thought was dug sh*te.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post

Oh dear

Actually yes I do understand positions, I played at a good level in youth and have watched football for a long time. I stand by my analysis he was average in his position in the Scottish championship. Plenty games where he messed up and conceded goals. Can't think of too many where he stood out in the holding role, Bartley plays a similair position and despite being a more limited technical footballer he stood out in far more games. We will not miss him and I believe we have better. Scott Martin has shown enough to suggest just that IMO.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    I don't get the Fyvie love in either. He's like a marginally better version of John Rankin, who I thought was dug sh*te.
    This.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Aye right then, in a different class to Rankin.

Left by mutual consent!
    Think you're wrong. Rankin could at least pass a ball forwards!

Seriously?! Fyvie is miles better than Rankin ever was. A midfielder who keeps us ticking over in possession and always looking to take ball from defence to start an attack. Comfortable in possession and a very good footballer, I really wish Fyvie had stayed and hope Lennon has someone just as good or better lined up. I hope I'm wrong but I think we'll regret this.

Seen a rumour on Twitter tonight that FF is about to sign a 3 year deal with St Johnstone. Anyone heard similar?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Seen a rumour on Twitter tonight that FF is about to sign a 3 year deal with St Johnstone. Anyone heard similar?
    Heard we're gonna sign Simon Murray on a pre contract too.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Actually yes I do understand positions, I played at a good level in youth and have watched football for a long time. I stand by my analysis he was average in his position in the Scottish championship. Plenty games where he messed up and conceded goals. Can't think of too many where he stood out in the holding role, Bartley plays a similair position and despite being a more limited technical footballer he stood out in far more games. We will not miss him and I believe we have better. Scott Martin has shown enough to suggest just that IMO.
    Exactly this. Bartley continuously gets recognised as Man of the Match in big games too. Fyvie won't be missed

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Exactly this. Bartley continuously gets recognised as Man of the Match in big games too. Fyvie won't be missed
    They could rarely play well together though - it was one or the other for me, never both in the same side.

I like FF a lot and to be honest am pretty unhappy to lose him. But club comes first, he was offered a deal and if what we are led to believe is right, he stalled. Given that, club rightly moves on and gets in committed players. He's not a player pivotal to our success, hence can be replaced.

The sad part is he is a decent spud and whoever he moves to is gaining a very good footballer. Wish him all the best, played a vital part in the best day of my Hibs supporting life

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    They could rarely play well together though - it was one or the other for me, never both in the same side.

I like FF a lot and to be honest am pretty unhappy to lose him. But club comes first, he was offered a deal and if what we are led to believe is right, he stalled. Given that, club rightly moves on and gets in committed players. He's not a player pivotal to our success, hence can be replaced.

The sad part is he is a decent spud and whoever he moves to is gaining a very good footballer. Wish him all the best, played a vital part in the best day of my Hibs supporting life

This 100%
    "unfortunately to many FF haters on here" .

Cracking player who will be missed. Hoping we can get a new scapegoat signed soon, would hate it if we went back to Lewis.

Fyvie will do well for St Johnstone, really good move for him.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Some downright atrocious posts on this thread.

A Scottish Cup winning midfielder getting dogs abuse from some - I'd hate to see your reaction to some of the genuine pish we've had to endure over the years.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Good player and I'll be sorry to see him go if he does leave us

Scott Martin has shown nothing at all to suggest he will be a better option than Fyvie.

What games has Martin played that would suggest that he is? I've seen Martin play in games at development level and he is a decent enough player but even at that level is hardly a standout and dictating games.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 26-06-2017 at 05:46 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Agree very good player and a good character I reckon someone not scared to call people out if not doing it. Unfortunate way to end however think writing was on the wall after semi final. He will do well for st Johnstone.

If the club moved on and got in committed players then fair enough. There's people saying players are lined up or even signed up already. That would be great but what if there's not. Surely would have made sense to keep Fyvie in that scenario. This has been going on for a month, im not convinced we have brought any commited players in.

What we do know is Fyvie would have stayed on in the end so Lennon is under a bit of pressure to bring in a better alternative otherwise its been a bad move for the club. Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Some downright atrocious posts on this thread.

A Scottish Cup winning midfielder getting dogs abuse from some - I'd hate to see your reaction to some of the genuine pish we've had to endure over the years.
    I agree, but that's opinions for you.

Fraser Fyvie is a good player and I for one saw a big difference in Hibs between him playing and not playing.

I see that Bartley is not getting the same grief as FF - yet look towards the end of the attached. Look who is "painfully slow" and gives up possession much too easily resulting in one goal and one chance for the Hertz. Bartley obviously gives us much better attacking options because of his excellent forward passing and runs into the box..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_EU_XKKl0c

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    I agree, but that's opinions for you.

Fraser Fyvie is a good player and I for one saw a big difference in Hibs between him playing and not playing.

I see that Bartley is not getting the same grief as FF - yet look towards the end of the attached. Look who is "painfully slow" and gives up possession much too easily resulting in one goal and one chance for the Hertz. Bartley obviously gives us much better attacking options because of his excellent forward passing and runs into the box..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_EU_XKKl0c
    That's a very selective choice of footage showcasing Marvin's contribution to the team. Once he was bundled off the ball from the blindside in a move that led to a hearts penalty, so what? I've seen Sauzee ineffectually wave his leg in the air instead of winning the ball cleanly as well.

Marvin and Fyvie have both contributed and both still hopefully have a role to play.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    That's a very selective choice of footage showcasing Marvin's contribution to the team. Once he was bundled off the ball from the blindside in a move that led to a hearts penalty, so what? I've seen Sauzee ineffectually wave his leg in the air instead of winning the ball cleanly as well.

Marvin and Fyvie have both contributed and both still hopefully have a role to play.
    I think you are arguing the same point there, not sure he's saying Bartley is a bad player, just that any player be it Fyvie, Bartley or Sauzee could have a bad game or one moment where it doesn't go right and they look a bit foolish. Too many folk on this thread are using the semi as a stick to beat Fraser with and ignoring games where he made an obvious positive contribution such as the cup final.
    Last edited by ian cruise; 26-06-2017 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    I think you are arguing the sane point there,not sure he's saying Bartley is a bad player, just that snub player be it Fyvie, Bartley or Sauzee could have a bad game or one moment where it doesn't go right and they look a bit foolish. Too many folk on this thread are using the semi as a stick to beat Fraser with and ignoring games where he made an obvious positive contribution such as the cup final.
    Fair enough. But it's a bit negative making that point by just showing Marvin getting it wrong. I think, 90% of hibs fans value them both.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Yeah think they are a possibility as are Dundee.

One thing is now 100% - Fraser won't be signing a new contract with Hibs this season.

Shame but that's football I guess.