hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    I'd hoped FF would be a big player for us next season, but not bigger than the club.

Looks like he pushed things a tad too far though.

On his head be it.

I've had folk 'push' for a bit more to get a deal and I'm with Lennon on this. If you don't want to sign up, then fine. I can get someone else who will do a decent job; and importantly WANTS to do it.

You should get another agent, or listen better to the one you have.

Bye Fraser.

2. Log in to remove the advert

If he does leave and comes back to haunt us in the future, you just know it will be a Hibs.net fact that he actually accepted the offer of a new contract but Hibs decided to withdraw the offer to him and that it's the club's fault that he's no longer with us.

First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar
    Disappointing as I think that Fyvie maybe had something to offer in the SPL for us.

That said, I don't think he's done himself any favours by initially not signing the deal and hanging around. It's kinda like saying no to a girl who asks you out and hoping that someone hotter makes a move, before finally going back to the girl you jilted in the hope of a quick fumble.

On conclusion, Fraser Fyvie isnae getting a quick fumble.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he does leave and comes back to haunt us in the future, you just know it will be a Hibs.net fact that he actually accepted the offer of a new contract but Hibs decided to withdraw the offer to him and that it's the club's fault that he's no longer with us.
    You missed the part where Rod wouldn't let Neil sign him because he wanted to save money on wages over the summer so told him to wait until the end of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    You do realise my post was tongue in cheek ?

Jeez there's a lot of people on this forum right now need to get a grip and stop either panicking and get their sense of humour back. I've never seen so many posts with people all serious and ready to jump down everyone's throats.

BTW that's 2 papers who have both said a 3 year deal was offered and rejected by Fyvie and everyone knows that the offer was taken off the table? Those are the facts.

Fair play JC "Didn't see any 😉 in your post.

Regarding getting a grip 😁 my hand is on a lovely cold Beer !!
    Cheers from a Very Sunny Lanzarote 🌞🌞🌡🍺🍺🍻

Sorry when any of our cup winning team leave the club. Fyvie is a legend and every time we watch that final you'll see FF key contribution in goals 2 and 3 ! For that alone he derserves our respect and a warm welcome back to ER.

All the best FF 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Sorry when any of our cup winning team leave the club. Fyvie is a legend and every time we watch that final you'll see FF key contribution in goals 2 and 3 ! For that alone he derserves our respect and a warm welcome back to ER.

All the best FF 👍

100% Correct Onion 👍

Coaching Staff

All the best FF 👍
    FF obviously was poorly advise & seriously underestimated the worth of the offer from Hibs & also seriously underestimated the response from Neil Lennon. Silly boy.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Fraser Fyvie‏Verified account
    @F_FYVIE
    Follow
    More
    False news again🙈
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Fraser Fyvie‏Verified account
    @F_FYVIE
    Follow
    More
    False news again🙈
    Interesting... his first tweet since January as well so the story must have been heavily misreported

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Interesting... his first tweet since January as well so the story must have been heavily misreported
    Fingers crossed here that he can agree a deal to stay, will be an important player for us this season IMHO.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    C'mon Miss Dempster get this deal done! Fyvie must stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Fingers crossed here that he can agree a deal to stay, will be an important player for us this season IMHO.
    If someone had told us we would retain the key players from last season and add more to strengthen I would have been happy.

However we have lost Cummings, Fyvie, Keatings and Holt. I think that's my fault for buying a season ticket - my favourite players gone and no sign of squad strengthening for the SPL.

Meh!

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    However we have lost Cummings, Fyvie, Keatings and Holt. I think that's my fault for buying a season ticket
    I'm not so sure. I'm hearing that none of those players even asked about your ST renewal status before leaving.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I really hope we re-sign him. Great player at this level.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar

All the best FF 👍
    don't underestimate his part in goal 1 either Onion. His run to the back post meant the defender in the middle had to cover for the option of a pass to him making Stoke's path to goal clearer.

Testimonial Due
    He's just tweeted "false news again"

Hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    don't underestimate his part in goal 1 either Onion. His run to the back post meant the defender in the middle had to cover for the option of a pass to him making Stoke's path to goal clearer.
    All I remember is it was a thing of beauty 💕

Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    He's just tweeted "false news again"

Hmmm?
    Saw that, though he does not want to clarify what is actually happening. Don't see the point in the tweet.

@hibs.net private member
    If the story is true then he was badly advised but who has not made a mistake. He's a good player and hope this can be sorted out

According to the Sun online, FF may be able to persuade NL to change his mind so perhaps it's not cut and dried. Personally I'd like him to stay. NL obviously thought him good enough to offer a 3 year deal.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    According to the Sun online, FF may be able to persuade NL to change his mind so perhaps it's not cut and dried. Personally I'd like him to stay. NL obviously thought him good enough to offer a 3 year deal.
    I really hope we can get Fraser signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post

REALLY hope this is the case. FF MUST stay. Hope Lennon is not just digging his heels in to make a point. C'mon Neil, be the bigger man ang get FF signed up - you know it makes sense.

2 different sides here.

lennon obviously sees enough in fyvie to give him in these days terms a very healthy 3 year contract.

fyvie has I think still let the semi final be in his thoughts and think play hard to get here I reckon.

cant see lennon changing his mind here. Liked fyvie but lennon we trust you.

Testimonial Due
    If we want him, and he is happy with the deal, i dont understand why it cant just be done.

Who cares if its taken a bit longer, end result is what matters, not how we got there.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    2 different sides here.

lennon obviously sees enough in fyvie to give him in these days terms a very healthy 3 year contract.

fyvie has I think still let the semi final be in his thoughts and think play hard to get here I reckon.

cant see lennon changing his mind here. Liked fyvie but lennon we trust you.
    We all have egos but I'd be surprised for a relatively experienced pro to let one game in itself cloud judgement to that degree. In the cold light of day It was clear to see why he was hooked and Lennon did say to be fair it could have been any other but he was on a yellow. Sub scoring vindicated Lennons decision.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Olive branch time me hopes. Liked Fyvie and his passion. Hearing him talk about his "wee man" around the cup final and you can see we mibbie won second spot in his heart after Aberdeen although it's Hibs winning his wee man will remember :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

i think we should spend the summer looking for a better midfielder , if we dont find anyone better by the week before kick off we can give him a phone

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    i think we should spend the summer looking for a better midfielder , if we dont find anyone better by the week before kick off we can give him a phone
    Or maybe we should just wait until the week before the players go back for pre-season training?

First Team Breakthrough
    I would keep him, he is at a great age also. But lennons call
    if he thinks he can do better. The fact he offered him a 3 year deal though. Not many players get that!!