hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Apparently only training with them to stay fit.

However never know what could happen if he impresses.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yip! No one of our prophets of doom by any means, by I do really think this one will come back to haunt us.

Unbelievably frustrated at how well the Dons are doing in the transfer market. I would have loved Fyvie back with us, along with Moult, Mackay Steven and Maloney...
    Lets all calm down about Aberdeen. Hayes and Mcginn are outstanding footballers for the Scottish Prem level so they'll be a massive miss for them.

As for those players I've bolded, Maloney is quite long in the tooth now and hasn't done anything of note domestically in quite a few seasons.

I got a freebie to Celtic v Rangers semi final last year (David Gray year) and watched Mackay Steven put in one of the most spineless performances i've ever seen.
    This was Alan O'Brien levels of fear and he total **** the bed even though he was only playing Tavernier.
    If that's their replacement for Hayes then i'll be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    Lets all calm down about Aberdeen. Hayes and Mcginn are outstanding footballers for the Scottish Prem level so they'll be a massive miss for them.

As for those players I've bolded, Maloney is quite long in the tooth now and hasn't done anything of note domestically in quite a few seasons.

I got a freebie to Celtic v Rangers semi final last year (David Gray year) and watched Mackay Steven put in one of the most spineless performances i've ever seen.
    This was Alan O'Brien levels of fear and he total **** the bed even though he was only playing Tavernier.
    If that's their replacement for Hayes then i'll be happy with that.
    I suppose I am personally guilty of forgetting the players they have lost...Ryan Jack, Niall McGinn, Jonny Hayes, with Sevco sniffing around Kenny McLean too...

I don't reckon Fyvie will be good enough to replace a Ryan Jack or a Kenny Mclean (if he leaves)

Essentially the spine of the team. Guess I'm probably frustrated at seeing names linked to them, but very few links to us. Not anywhere near a panic station - we should easily dispatch Montrose at the weekend with the team we've got...
    I would like to see at least some replacements for the team by the time we play County a week on Friday I must admit, but alas, that's for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    Sadly, I think he's now got the outcome he was holding out for...

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...ampaign=buffer

I'm I the only one that read this story as Fyvie not being offered a deal at Aberdeen but has been allowed to train to keep his fitness up.

Apprently no deal to be offered, only training facilities to keep fit.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Looks like we already had a couple of midfielders in mind but didn't manage to pull either of the deals off.
    That sounds a bit like Rodney Marsh's oranges story.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I'm I the only one that read this story as Fyvie not being offered a deal at Aberdeen but has been allowed to train to keep his fitness up.
    It's has been a disater for the boy. Nothing worse than lack off self awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Looks like we already had a couple of midfielders in mind but didn't manage to pull either of the deals off.

You have to question what has happened to some of the targets we were after and why they chose not to sign.

Update: Fyvie will NOT be offered a deal at the Dons

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...training-club/

P and J reporting that the club are not offering Fyvie a deal, so those suggesting that he was just training for fitness purposes are apparently absolutely correct.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    You have to question what has happened to some of the targets we were after and why they chose not to sign.
    Happens too often for my liking. No idea what the problem is however other teams appear to have a better percentage in signing their targets than we do. Maybe that's just a green tinted illusion though.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Happens too often for my liking. No idea what the problem is however other teams appear to have a better percentage in signing their targets than we do. Maybe that's just a green tinted illusion though.
    How closely do you follow other teams transfer rumours?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    So they do.

Think your last sentence is 100% spot on though. That's all it is.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Well thats what is says in print, but if you have a different agenda to most, you will see it as him working his ticket to sign for his boyhood heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Well thats what is says in print, but if you have a different agenda to most, you will see it as him working his ticket to sign for his boyhood heroes.

Or the fact he has a house up there and needs to keep fit, it's not uncommon for ex players to ask former clubs for training, we did it with Riordan a couple of years ago.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Or the fact he has a house up there and needs to keep fit, it's not uncommon for ex players to ask former clubs for training, we did it with Riordan a couple of years ago.
    Yip the sensible way to see this, yet others not so sensible and see what they want to see even when its just ridiculous.

I haven't read this whole thread, but FWIW I'm a bit disappointed to see Fraser Fyvie leave Hibs. He's a decent player, and another of the cup winning legends has gone from ER.

I wonder if his face just didn't fit with NL for some reason?