hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Fraser Fyvie has left hibs.

Fraser Fyvie has officially left the club. After rejecting the initial contract hibs had offered him because he wanted to wait for a better contract. That better contract never came so he decided to accept the initial contract hibs had offered him. Hibs have now said to him that it is too late and he has now officially left the club. Ashame because I really liked him but don't think NL shares my opinion on him. Bit silly the way he left but IMO was one of our best players. All the best Fyvie.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fraser Fyvie has officially left the club. After rejecting the initial contract hibs had offered him because he wanted to wait for a better contract. That better contract never came so he decided to accept the initial contract hibs had offered him. Hibs have now said to him that it is too late and he has now officially left the club. Ashame because I really liked him but don't think NL shares my opinion on him. Bit silly the way he left but IMO was one of our best players. All the best Fyvie.

So he accepted the offer Hibs made but Hibs told him tae bolt??

Ehhhhh, source?

Thanks Leeann.

Good.I thought it was about time we had a Fraser Fyvie thread.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Thanks Leeann.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

Ehhhhh, source?
    Aye, Brown please mate.

Testimonial Due
    There is already a Fyvie thread this has been well known since about 8am

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

Ehhhhh, source?
    Today's Scotman/Evening News. Not sure how to post a link on my phone but its easy to find on the website.

And another Fyvie thread...just what we need 👍

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Anyone think Ed Van der Graaf could still do a job for us?

Blog Entries

Slight bit of the Warburtons about Fyvie's departure. Pity, I also would have liked him in the squad next season. I think I'm overreacting but I can't help feeling the feel good factor is slowly dissipating just now.We need a bit of good news to perk things up a wee bit.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    He could generate another thread I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    He could generate another thread I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Just loading up my Betamax. Terrific player. Don't know why we let him go especially after him clearing the ball off the goal line against the auld Rangers.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Have you just woken?

Common practice from away back in my day for a club to only leave an " offer on the table " for certain length of time .
    His decision and he has to accept it
    That's a footballers life
    Not te end of the world !!

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Slight bit of the Warburtons about Fyvie's departure. Pity, I also would have liked him in the squad next season. I think I'm overreacting but I can't help feeling the feel good factor is slowly dissipating just now.We need a bit of good news to perk things up a wee bit.
    Feel good feeling dissipating ?
    Surely yer having a laugh.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Ur spot on Jim it's ebbing away bit by bit which is sad to see. Big summer this for the club, if they fail to capitalise on the record ST sales it could take years to get that feelgood factor back again...I hope some good news is just around the corner...

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    No I agree with him...we r deffo in need of some positive news soon to perk people up...if we lose SJM (rumours I know) we need some seriously decent players in

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    No I agree with him...we r deffo in need of some positive news soon to perk people up...if we lose SJM (rumours I know) we need some seriously decent players in

Which shows how fickle football fans can be.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Ur spot on Jim it's ebbing away bit by bit which is sad to see. Big summer this for the club, if they fail to capitalise on the record ST sales it could take years to get that feelgood factor back again...I hope some good news is just around the corner...

Opinions, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Which shows how fickle football fans can be.
    Indeed it doesn't take much...but we've lost our main source of goals which is the first real concern we've had player wise for a few years

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    We weren't THAT good last season and apart from Swanson, Ambrose & Murray, we're seeing the back of quite a few handy players. I agree with the statement that says we (and the team) need some good news.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    We certainly need to maintain the feel good factor.Has taken a while to achieve this.

I put this on another thread -

I know someone VERY close to him and this is actually what happened.

No timescale was given to fraser to accept the offer. He went on holiday the week after finished and went back to hibs the day after he came back from holiday to agree the contract and was told offer was off the table. Surely with there not being a deadline than the stance by the club is harsh to somone who has helped them achieve so much in the last few years.
    Maybe

He still hopes a deal can be done and hasn't given up on being a Hibs player next season as he loves it at Hibs. Lennon my have a different opinion as Fraser delayed on deciding on the deal. He has had a hard time with injuries and disappointments and wanted to get the best deal for him and his family.

But ultimately Lennon has to decide if Fraser is part of his plans or not.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post

No timescale was given to fraser to accept the offer. He went on holiday the week after finished and went back to hibs the day after he came back from holiday to agree the contract and was told offer was off the table. Surely with there not being a deadline than the stance by the club is harsh to somone who has helped them achieve so much in the last few years.
    Maybe

He still hopes a deal can be done and hasn't given up on being a Hibs player next season as he loves it at Hibs. Lennon my have a different opinion as Fraser delayed on deciding on the deal. He has had a hard time with injuries and disappointments and wanted to get the best deal for him and his family.

Thanks for sharing - I'm a big Fyvie fan so a bit biased on this one - very disappointing to hear Hibs act in this way - sounds like Lennon has changed his mind. Would love to see him back

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post

Maybe

I also was told the same thing from someone who knows him.

I'm quite sure that you are passing on exactly what you were told but common sense tells us that any contract issued must have a time when it has to be either taken up or not.Otherwise a player could hang around for a couple of months and the club wouldn't know what was going on.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I'm quite sure that you are passing on exactly what you were told but common sense tells us that any contract issued must have a time when it has to be either taken up or not.Otherwise a player could hang around for a couple of months and the club wouldn't know what was going on.
    Yes that would be very true, although we are 10 days away from July, and there is a player who was offered a contract and is willing to sign one.

I get that there needs to be a cut off point, and unless we have signed his replacement already, i'm surprised we have not kissed and made up and signed him back on again.

It's not like it is close to the start of the season or we have completed the signing of better replacements.

We've not started pre-season training, we've not got a friendly for weeks and the league season doesn't start for a couple of months.

If Hibs want the player to sign and the player wants to sign, someone is playing silly beggars if they're trying to score some sort of points over this preventing it from happening.