hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But the point is that it is payable, every month.......from income.

We made every payment up to this time last year. Since then, we won't know until this year's accounts come out. But I see no reason why we wouldn't have. Do you?
    Give STF 500k and that 41667 every month for player wages?

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingwaitor View Post

What about next season, or are we only paying them for 1 season?

Was he ever a official target.

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Was he ever a official target.
    No targets are official are they...until they have signed. He didnt and it must be financial because it certainly isnt football reasons he's going to Burton

No targets are official are they...until they have signed. He didnt and it must be financial because it certainly isnt football reasons he's going to Burton

I disagree. English championship is far bigger and better than Scottish Premiership. Burton are a tiny club in a big league, but it'll be a massive step up for him to play well and score goals week in and out there. He'd have struggled to repeat what he achieved in Scotland last year, had he stayed with Ross County.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

And next season? Who do we sell?

As an.aside, this argument is not solely directed at you. It's also for those out there, Jambos or otherwise, who have the idea that STF is reliant on transfer income.
    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 20-06-2017 at 05:23 PM.

A good season with Burton could land him in the Premier league, a good season in Scotland could land him with...Burton...

Absolutely footballing reasons.

Left by mutual consent!
    Pretty simple problem we have up here..Wages..

What is the average weekly pay at Hibs? 1k 2k more? I would say we are paying some folk around 2k p/w. Boyce would be on what at County not a lot I would imagine. A club like Burton Albion come in probably able to offer 5,6k pw? That is a massive change in life, huge.

Players up here are generally on wages pretty easily dwarfed by clubs even in tier 2 of England hence why once a player gets interest from down south they know its a life changer as an extra 3/4k pw for guys on 2k pw is massive.

Your Harry Kanes etc if bidded can look at the club interested before the wages as already on so much per week likely cannot spend it. Boyce was probably offered a wage well above what he was on probaby not astronomical but a massive change for him and family.

No idea on soloution but if clubs up here could pay more p/w we would retain some decent players and more importantly be able to knock back bids for players as they may not want to rush off if wage offered isnt a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    A good season with Burton could land him in the Premier league, a good season in Scotland could land him with...Burton...

Absolutely footballing reasons.
    Could? He has not gone to Burton for purely football reasons. Every player has his level. He will never play premiership in england

And next season? Who do we sell?

As an.aside, this argument is not solely directed at you. It's also for those out there, Jambos or otherwise, who have the idea that STF is reliant on transfer income.
    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    We dont have to sell unless a big bid comes in that we cant turn down. Id rathet have the debt paid off sooner but thats just me

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    First choice down. Onto our second.
    Well we've no idea if that is the case or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigmount Hibs View Post
    I disagree. English championship is far bigger and better than Scottish Premiership. Burton are a tiny club in a big league, but it'll be a massive step up for him to play well and score goals week in and out there. He'd have struggled to repeat what he achieved in Scotland last year, had he stayed with Ross County.
    Exactly...a tiny club in a big league. He will win nothing there. A diddy team can pay far more than us...thats the real problem here. In no way am i having a go at Hibs...we just dont have the budget to compete

Could? He has not gone to Burton for purely football reasons. Every player has his level. He will never play premiership in england

He may very well never play in the epl BUT a decent season at Burton and the likes of Leeds, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday etc could easily snap him up on 18-20k p/w .
    Seems like a smart move for the guy - who, let's be honest, we were completely unaware of until very, very recently.

@hibs.net private member
    Who do we think will score more next season - Boyce or Cummings ?

14th June.... When was the last time we spent £500k + on 1 player? We have been operating on a premiership budget for 3 years in the championship. We dont have the budget to spend that kind of money...simple. If we could afford the fee how do we sustain the wages? We couldn't. We dont have endless amounts of money. We will get 7 figures from JC. Half of that to Farmer. I believe its £4mil still to go and £½mil a year. Ambrose Swanson and Whittaker will all be on big bucks. Say £7500 (guessing) between them then thats almost £400k (including bonus/appearance) that leaves £100k. We simply dont have the cash to spend on a £500k fee then pay £5k a week on wages. I say 5k as thats what a Burton Albion would pay Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
    Ah was trying to find that CWG and was beginning to doubt myself!!

Blog Entries
    It almost seems to have become a Net " Fact " that we were, at a minimum, interested in Boyce but can't compete on wages with the likes of Burton.
    1. There is no evidence we were ever interested, minor paper talk only.
    2. When Pat Fenlon was looking at Boyce for Hibs the majority on here IIRC, didn't think he'd be good enough!
    3. We've signed players in the recent past, Stokes & Liam Miller for example, who could have commanded far higher wages in England than we could pay but they came to ER. Hibs are an attractive option playing in a great location in which to live & work. I would suggest that if we were really interested in LB then we could have made him & RC a competitive offer.
    4. The transfer fee is undisclosed, per some on here that means RC have been fleeced. Seriously it's announced as a record fee but that only means it's higher than the £250k Burton paid for Jackson Irvine. Incidentally I believe the success of Irvine at BA was a key factor in them taking a chance on Boyce.
    5. I believe we've been paid at least 3 times the LB transfer fee for a player who scored less goals in a league a tier below LB. JC has also been transferred to a much bigger & higher profile club & FWIW I believe he'll be the better buy.
    I'm really not concerned re LB joining Burton but we really do need a minimum of 2 new strikers before season start up now.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Anyone who thought we'd pay 500k for his transfer, then the wages a half a million pound player would command, must be wired to the moon.
    Spot on mate. The amount of made up tosh Im reading on here is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Who do we think will score more next season - Boyce or Cummings ?
    Boyce for me.He's liable to play far more games than Cummings.

We dont have to sell unless a big bid comes in that we cant turn down. Id rathet have the debt paid off sooner but thats just me

If you can service your financial commitments out of regular income, you do so. There is no need to use 'capital'. Normal business practice. Use capital for capital projects (transfer fees for example).

Why would anyone want to pay off a debt earlier than required when it's interest free?

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    If you can service your financial commitments out of regular income, you do so. There is no need to use 'capital'. Normal business practice. Use capital for capital projects (transfer fees for example).
    As we are not privy to the exact financial arrangements Hibs have in place i would tend to agree with you. I very much doubt we will spend all th JC money on transfers though. Wages yes but not on fees. I would just rather be debt free asap...just a personal thing. I jave no doubts the club is now being run properly and we live within our means

Plenty worse players than him have. 15-20 goals this season and you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Why would anyone want to pay off a debt earlier than required when it's interest free?
    Because it is debt. Interest free or not...its debt. Pay it off sooner and we have 41667 a month to play with. I get what you're saying but the sooner its gone the better. Thats just my opinion though.

Ever heard of inflation? £41k now will be worth a good bit more than it will be in 8 years time.That's what makes it such a good deal for Hibs.

Because it is debt. Interest free or not...its debt. Pay it off sooner and we have 41667 a month to play with. I get what you're saying but the sooner its gone the better. Thats just my opinion though.

How much extra (not looking for actual monetary values, just percentages) do you voluntarily pay towards your mortgage/rent, council tax, mobile phone bill, car repayments etc ?
    Our do you budget for your bills and use whatever is left to fund the rest of your life? You know, like Hibs are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Ever heard of inflation? £41k now will be worth a good bit more than it will be in 8 years time.That's what makes it such a good deal for Hibs.
    Yes...i have heard of inflation. Anything interest free is a great deal...i agree. I just prefer to have it paid asap. Just an opinion. Being debt free is surely the best scenario for the club

Yes...i have heard of inflation. Anything interest free is a great deal...i agree. I just prefer to have it paid asap. Just an opinion. Being debt free is surely the best scenario for the club Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

I get the feeling that unless folk say what you want to hear the you push a subject to the limit.

We have a deal an interest free deal that won't break the bank but will allow is to have some extra cash to spend!!

Yes we all want the debt paid off but why o why would we let the team budget be blown on paying back money when there is already an agreement in place.

It has taken us years to get to the position we are in so why throw it all away! Yes we have sold JC however there is money there for the right quality of player (s)

Do you actually get what folk are saying??

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    How much extra (not looking for actual monetary values, just percentages) do you voluntarily pay towards your mortgage/rent, council tax, mobile phone bill, car repayments etc ?
    Our do you budget for your bills and use whatever is left to fund the rest of your life? You know, like Hibs are doing.
    I pay 10% extra a year to my mortgage. As thats as much as im allowed as per agreement. I'll be mortgage free by 45. I have no car repayments as i saved and traded the old car and bought it outright. Insurance, tv licence and council tax are paid yearly. Cant avoid the day to day bills of sky, phone, food, fuel bills, pension, petrol...kids!
    The less debt the better...but thats just the way i live. By 45 i will be as debt free as possible. A bit of hard work now goes a long way later!
    If Hibs clear their debt asap then there is no millstone round their neck! Thats in my ideal Hibs world though.
    I hope that answers your question ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I get the feeling that unless folk say what you want to hear the you push a subject to the limit.

We have a deal an interest free deal that won't break the bank but will allow is to have some extra cash to spend!!

Yes we all want the debt paid off but why o why would we let the team budget be blown on paying back money when there is already an agreement in place.

It has taken us years to get to the position we are in so why throw it all away! Yes we have sold JC however there is money there for the right quality of player (s)

Do you actually get what folk are saying??
    I totally get what people are saying. Its a good deal we have. Id just rather be debt free asap. Just a personal thing...each to their own. Im happy with the deal...would just be happier paying it off sooner thats all

Burton Albion can out bid anybody in Scottish football excluding Celtic and Sevco (who Boyce was never going to sign for)..what a depressing situation.