hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries
    If McGinn joined us in the summer of 2015 and his St Mirren contract finished in summer 2015 ( I know there was the controversy with his 'accident' there), can anyone remind me how St Mirren managed to secure what could be lucrative sell on fee?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ermm, he has the required International experience.
    Perhaps at U21 level mate. He has played one full game for Scotland and despite getting MOM he hasn't had a kick since, I would hardly think that's the international experience EPL clubs will be thinking of.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    If McGinn joined us in the summer of 2015 and his St Mirren contract finished in summer 2015 ( I know there was the controversy with his 'accident' there), can anyone remind me how St Mirren managed to secure what could be lucrative sell on fee?
    They were due a development fee and a sell on % was negotiated rather than all the money paid up front.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    They would have been due a development fee. It looks like St Mirren waived this and accepted the sell on clause instead.

I think St Mirren never took development fee for McGinn in return for a bigger percentage sell on clause

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the replies, guys. I'd forgotten the circumstances. Good move by St Mirren given the potential.

Quote Originally Posted by mackie77 View Post
    I've ben told from a friend who works with hibs that Celtic offered £2million plus Henderson & Mackay Stevens, Hibs accepted the bid but McGinn knocked it back as he wants to stay for another year then go down south to further his career.

I don't post very often but if you check my previous posts about players I've been correct.
    Celtic have made no bids for SJM. He is not on their radar. And if you really think we had a bid that would amount to over £4m for SJM then your pal has caught you good and proper.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I've ben told from a friend who works with hibs that Celtic offered £2million plus Henderson & Mackay Stevens, Hibs accepted the bid but McGinn knocked it back as he wants to stay for another year then go down south to further his career.

I don't post very often but if you check my previous posts about players I've been correct.
    If that really was the case then Hibs would be booting him out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    If that really was the case then Hibs would be booting him out the door.
    Yep. The only bit in that statement that is true is that McGinn wants to go down south eventually.

This is exactly what he told me last season when I had a chat with him. Said he loved it at Hibs and his dad is now a Hibs fan too, didn't want to be a bench warmer at Celtic even though it's his club and sees England as the place to really test himself.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This is exactly what he told me last season when I had a chat with him. Said he loved it at Hibs and his dad is now a Hibs fan too, didn't want to be a bench warmer at Celtic even though it's his club and sees England as the place to really test himself.
    I get ur only posting what was said to u by SJM but players will say what they need to in every different situation, if Celtic did come in for an offer that was accepted then he would be off.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    That's what I get from McGinn from his interviews - a young man with an old head who knows what he's doing !

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    I get ur only posting what was said to u by SJM but players will say what they need to in every different situation, if Celtic did come in for an offer that was accepted then he would be off.
    I had a good long chat with him and he seemed to see his future very much down south, granted things can change but he seemed honest enough, he said he sees England is where he wanted to test himself properly, maybe sees Celtic as an easy opt out just for money.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Not going anywhere. I read on here that becasuse he did the kit launch photo shoot that he is obviously staying this season

just like Scott Allan did

Glad to have put your mind at rest on this one!

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    As a Luton supporter the prospect doesn't please me at all.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    they are looking to sign a young guy from Bolton that could go up to £8m, not sure how good a player he is but surely if the interest in mcginn is true then we have to be looking at serious money

Watford in talks with Derby on £8m deal for a young midfielder.
    Surely Petrie could get £10m for SJM or has the tache lost his touch?

If I remember correctly and I may be remembering it wrong, McGinn himself got the development fee (or a big chunk) of what was owed to St Mirren as he had taken them to court over what had happened to him in training, hence why St Mirren wanted such a big sell on %.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Watford in talks with Derby on £8m deal for a young midfielder.
    Surely Petrie could get £10m for SJM or has the tache lost his touch?
    Aye but Will Hughes has played over 150 games in the Championship and has been talked about as a future star for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Aye but Will Hughes has played over 150 games in the Championship and has been talked about as a future star for a few years now.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    How many Scottish cups has Will won?