hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Begining to wonder why there appears to be a slew of negative post coming one after another.
    correct it appears the doom has suddenly set in and its coming in waves on here.

We've got McGinn!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Jambos seem particularly desperate this close season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    I thought we'd only lose one of Cummings and McGinn.. Losing both would be a nightmare heading into our first season back in the Premier. If we are serious about challenging for the top four, this isn't the way to do it.
    Not often I find myself agreeing with you Steve but 100% this imo we MUST now keep hold of SJM for another season. We can't sell both our prized assets heading into the new season and can't believe how relaxed some are on here about this?? We are meant to be aiming for at least a top 6 place come on show some ambition. We haven't even replaced Cummings yet and we were already short up front...let's no sell our star midfielder and set us back another few weeks in recruitment

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    maybe the admins should re-open the greggs forum for this kind of stuff, it's getting a bit much

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Money to add in Boyce, Henderson, Commons and Moult to the squad on top of Marciano and Whittaker and re-sign Fyvie?
    Is that all the done deals we r still waiting on yeah??

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Maybe Lennon has the same clause in his contract as McNamara and gets a % of all transfer fees hence the reason for selling the Crown Jewels before doing a runner.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Will have to be a decent offer as St Mirren get something like a 30% sell on fee don't they?

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    All they need to do is meet his £500k clause...

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    We haven't even showed signs of spending Cummings money yet, there's no guarantee we'd spend money from the sale of McGinn either. I want us to keep our best players.
    Is our Manager not on holiday? In any case its been all of a couple of days since the Cummings move was confirmed, a little bit of patience is required methinks.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I will be pleasantly surprised if John McGinn is a Hibs player next season.
    Me too.

Fully expected Cummings and McGinn to leave...they clearly have the ability to play at a higher level and command the wages that go with that.

The key would be replacing them and reinvesting the cash wisely. No easy task but I've not seen anything to suggest that is not the intention.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    I see Boyce has signed for Burton Albion.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    A "record fee" apparently but not seeing specifics.....

Yes. Identified very early as an unlikely target by all but the fantasists. Hibs, typically, not getting involved in a bidding war with English clubs heavily backed by tv money and sponsorship!

A hibs signing would be nice though.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Burtons average attendance last season was just over 5,200. Football in England is totally ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Yes. Identified very early as an unlikely target by all but the fantasists. Hibs, typically, not getting involved in a bidding war with English clubs heavily backed by tv money and sponsorship!

Maybe people just keen that we sign quality players and don't scrimp the way we did with Adam Rooney which then saw us spend three years in the championship while Rooney went on to score over 70 goals in that time with Aberdeen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    A "record fee" apparently but not seeing specifics.....
    Boyce's dad told me it was much less than anyone thinks, and a guy who works with one of Liam Boyce's best mates told me that Burton Albion paid for him in empty glass bottles, not even that many of them either.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post

You state the case well for not going "toe-to-toe" in such circumstances.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Maybe people just keen that we sign quality players and don't scrimp the way we did with Adam Rooney which then saw us spend three years in the championship while Rooney went on to score over 70 goals in that time with Aberdeen.

Might be my memory playing tricks but wasn't Rooney's decision based on us offering 2 years and Aberdeen 3?

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Might be my memory playing tricks but wasn't Rooney's decision based on us offering 2 years and Aberdeen 3?
    Hibs only offered to take him on loan. Aberdeen were willing to sign him.

Can't see anything on the Watford forums about this but that doesn't mean there isn't anything in it. There's a lot of talk about foreign players etc, and no mention of McGinn that I can see so far.

Are people shooting this down because they don't think it's true, or because they don't want it to be true?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eaststandee View Post
    Are people shooting this down because they don't think it's true, or because they don't want it to be true?

Because there is no evidence of it so far? Doesn't mean it's not happening but so far it's just an Internet rumour like Lennon leaving Hibs yesterday.

Hate to say this but may be some truth. My good mate is a Watford season ticket holder and he had heard this😣

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Hang on, I never came on here saying that McGinn was away.

I asked if anyone had heard similar to me.

There's a world of difference between the two.

Anyone on here that knows me will know that I never post about rumours. The simple reason for that is I don't have any direct contacts at the club so I'm never privvy to things before they happen, BUT (yes, there's a but), I happened to be in the company of someone close to a number of players the past weekend and he said that a move for John McGinn was imminent.
    The person is a former uncle (former through divorce) of my good lady and we bumped into him at the weekend. He wouldn't say who the interested party was but was pretty clear that John would be moving on.
    I'd be happy to disclose who the person is to certain trusted .net posters but I can't make the details public.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Because there is no evidence of it so far? Doesn't mean it's not happening but so far it's just an Internet rumour like Lennon leaving Hibs yesterday.

I agree bud, I was hoping someone might be able to say why it isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Anyone on here that knows me will know that I never post about rumours. The simple reason for that is I don't have any direct contacts at the club so I'm never privvy to things before they happen, BUT (yes, there's a but), I happened to be in the company of someone close to a number of players the past weekend and he said that a move for John McGinn was imminent.
    The person is a former uncle (former through divorce) of my good lady and we bumped into him at the weekend. He wouldn't say who the interested party was but was pretty clear that John would be moving on.
    I'd be happy to disclose who the person is to certain trusted .net posters but I can't make the details public.
    If true lennon and Dempster better pull some rabbits out the hat or there is going to be over 11k very unhappy ST holders - me included

@hibs.net private member
    If an EPL club comes in for anyone in Scotland they'll be sold. If McGinn went he'd be on at least £10-£15k a week if not more. Whilst I don't want him to leave I do like players to try and play at a higher level to test themselves. I'd rather players showed ambition in having a go at the EPL than take the easy option like Scott Brown and spent their career in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Burtons average attendance last season was just over 5,200. Football in England is totally ****ed.
    Never mind Burton... what about Watford their stadium holds 21k, and their average attendance in the 2nd tier was about 14k until they got promoted.

I wouldn't pay a penny to sky or bt. Ggtth

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    If true lennon and Dempster better pull some rabbits out the hat or there is going to be over 11k very unhappy ST holders - me included

If you didn't think that it was a real live possibility that both Cummings and SJM would be away this window, then you didn't think full stop.

If their going makes you unhappy to be a season ticket holder then again you should have thought harder if a season ticket was for you.

Hibs place in the football food chain means that we will always be a selling club and we could sell 40,000 season tickets and it wouldn't dent the advantage TV money gives the EPL and Championship clubs, Ask The Rangers & Celtic.

Instead of mumping that they are gone, we should maybe be a bit more appreciative that we held onto them long enough to get us out the Championship, which was no mean feat.

As for pulling rabbits out the hat, far too many folk on this board are suffering from premature speculation and childlike impatience.

There are very few signings being made in Scotland, Rangers apart and I have absolutely no doubt we will get signings in.

Unfortunately, I am even more certain that these signings will be deemed not enough / good enough etc etc by plenty folk who either don't understand or cant face up to the reality of where Scottish Football finds itself in the food chain.

We will perform in the transfer market at least as well as Aberdeen and better than Hearts and far better than the rest of the SPL combined.

What more do folk expect?