hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar

what changed about Danny Swanson last year ?

I'm pretty excited about seeing Danny in a Hibs shirt. He obviously loves the club and seems to be a real character. Looking at his stats, last season really stands out as far as goals are concerned, previously in his career he scored at roughly a rate of about 1 goal every 10 games, then last season he smashed that by scoring 12 goals in 24 games. I think a few of them were penalties, so maybe he wasn't the designated kick taker previously, but can anyone else shed any light on why there was the big jump in goals ? Did he play a different more attacking role last season ? How do we get the same return from him in a Hibs jersey ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good management from Wright probably has a lot to do with it. I hope Lennon gets the same out of him.

I also think he scored a good few penalties, it's not just the goals with Danny, he also creates a lot which is something we've not had since Allan.

According to this page he scored 15 goals but 9 of them were penalties

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...layer_id=41726

9 of his 12 were pens. Didn't miss one. 3 goals from open play and none at all since Dec 1. Never took pens before. I think he is a great addition to the squad and Wright seemed to help him to his best ever season but wouldn't base that on a sudden ability to score lots of goals. Maybe the confidence gained by scoring these pens helped him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    If we get lots of penalties, unlikely, and he takes them then he might be a 10 + scorer. If we don't, likely, then he will likely be a 4-6. With Jason leaving getting some goalscorers is massively important. I think Boyle would score more than Swanson from a wide position. Swanson looks a good player so no issue with his signing but I'm not convinced he is the answer to goals from midfield.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to this page he scored 15 goals but 9 of them were penalties

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...layer_id=41726
    Quote Originally Posted by greiggy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    9 of his 12 were pens. Didn't miss one. 3 goals from open play and none at all since Dec 1. Never took pens before. I think he is a great addition to the squad and Wright seemed to help him to his best ever season but wouldn't base that on a sudden ability to score lots of goals. Maybe the confidence gained by scoring these pens helped him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Blimey..I realised he had a few Pens, but didn't realise it was 9 ! With Jason gone it's nice to know we have a confident penalty taker though !